• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Gävle Chili-Farm 2008

Update 19/4 Gävle Chili-Farm 2008

Blog Update: 2008-08-21 - Feeding in the dark!

http://roddelona.blogspot.com/

18hydronutrients.jpg

Im opening up a grow log. I love watching other peoples grow logs so i guess other people think the same. Lets share!

My plants are now 6 weeks old. There are 45 plants in my little growroom. I took some pictures of them yesterday so some of them had to come out.

samlingsbild2.jpg

And heres the picture of this years first flower. Its from my Turkish Upright. It looks a bit boring, but its the first flower of 2008 and therefor deserves to be honoured.

purpletigerknoppar.jpg

Im not really into hairy ladys but for Rocoto Red ill make an exception. The plant smells absolutely fantastic!

rocotoh%C3%A5r.jpg

Its getting crowded in the growroom and the smaller chilis are getting covered by the bigger ones. Ive sorted them from big to small - left to right because of more power in the lamps on the right side.

samlingsbild6veckor.jpg

I made some oils yesterday. Garlicoil, Rosemaryoil and of course some chilioil.

chiliolja.jpg

Thats all for now. Take care and may your chiliplants grow into monsters!

it may be just my connection, but I am seeing red "X"s on three of your pics...they are not coming up...the one of the flower, the "hairy lady" and the oils are showing tho...the plants look healthy

could be my software not letting them come through...the link worked good...very nice plants uUu

thank you!

it was the pictures that was in bigger size that didnt show. i changed them into small ones. they should show up now?!

thanks for telling!

you're welcome, works fine now uUu...

rainbowberry said:
No I had the same thing AJ until the post was edited. I see you like your Tabasco uUu.

hehe, tabasco is ok ;) i love the habanero for sandwiches, pizza, pasta etc. the chipotle i use in marinades and things like that to get the smoky flavour. i actually think there is to much vinegar taste in tabasco. the green chili tabasco and the garlic tabasco is for my girlfriend that cant take the heat of the real one :)

mmm, i can smell the fine chopped chilis i have in the oven. cooked in olive oil and seasalt. im gonna eat it at my baguettes for breakfast. nothing better than to start of the day with some hot pepper :D

:drooling:

sounds like a good chilehead breakfast....are you sure you are in Sweden, seems like I can smell those peppers cooking here in Texas

I'm not really a fan of Tabasco but was as a kid, I was disappointed with the Habanero one. I've never had the green one, chipotle or garlic one though.

rainbowberry said:
I'm not really a fan of Tabasco but was as a kid, I was disappointed with the Habanero one. I've never had the green one, chipotle or garlic one though.

I think the habanero is the best of the 5 tabascos. Although its not very hot and doesnt really deserves to be called "habanero".

Yesterday a saw sause for $40 and almost bought it. I got cheap and let it be, since they refused to let me have taste from a sample.

bushmen_05.jpg

40% habanero, capsicumoil and chocolate, aged for 5 years and in limited edition of 5000 with numbers on package. gha,, ill guess i have to get back there tomorrow and buy the damn thing! :D

theHippySeedCo said:
wait till the Rocoto Flowers, Beautiful. The furryness combined with the purplish flowers looks Outstanding
nice oils too :)

yes, rocoto will awesome. especially the one thats going into the hydro in the summer :)

about purple tiger. did you say that the leafs should shift in white, purple and green? ive got milky spots on the leafs. thats normal, right?! :confused:

Back