Gävle Chili-Farm 2008

rainbowberry said:
I'm not really a fan of Tabasco but was as a kid, I was disappointed with the Habanero one. I've never had the green one, chipotle or garlic one though.
It makes great vinegar. :lol:

haha, yeah it actually does :)

2/3 of olive oil
1/3 of habanero tabasco
salt and peppar
a pinch of garlic
some basil and oregano
some juice from lemon or lime
some liquid honey

thats a nice dressing for sallad :D

Nice Chillies Triple U.

Swedish people eat hot food...did not realize that ... :shocked:

Just kidding... :)

Are you planning to grow them inside or, put it outside?

Swedish people eat hot food...did not realize that ... :shocked:

Just kidding... :)

Are you planning to grow them inside or, put it outside?

Swedish people are very aware of food and eat food from all over the world. People in sweden wants to like chili and you can find chili in almost anything everywhere. Although, they cant take the heat very well.

Yes, im planting out my chilis. In both dirt and hydro!

Update 19/4-08

Its been a while since an update. Computer-problem is why. Ive made a panic sollution and taken the photos with my mobilephone and sent them to my e-mail.

Ive got my first chilis this year!

firstcayenne2008.jpg

This is a Long Slim Cayenne. I Cant wait to eat it.

The plants have grown alot in height:

samlingorange.jpg

Because of the problem with space ive moved some of the chilis to the bathroom:

badrummetsamling.jpg

The are growing under 50W LE and 300 small "diods"?

On this picture from the left to the right:

badrummet.jpg

Tepin, Rocoto Red, Apache, Haba-haba!

Another picture of the crowded growbox:

tr%C3%A5ngtchilis.jpg

And finally a picture of the beutiful flowers of the Purple Tiger.

purple.jpg

The Purple Tiger has started to produce som small black chilis aswell. Looking good!

All the plants are now in 1-liter containers and it will stay that way until i plant out.

My soilmix:

70% dirt
15% perlite
10% vermiculite
5% hard clay

I add 1 tablespoon of bloodmeal and 2 teaspoons of bonemeal to 10 liters of soil. All the plant look very healthy and i wont be giving them any more nutrients until i plant out.

Its saturday night here. Im sipping on a chili-drink:

6cl Aivy (Vodka with pear, strawberry and mint)
15 cl Sprite
A pinch of thyme
One half of a Cayenne Pepper :mouthonfire:
Lemon

Or if you prefer the swedish version of the update, visit:

http://roddelona.blogspot.com

dont know actually. all the plants look different. some of them are white, blak/purple, green. I guess this one is mostly green for some reason :)

Its about time for an update!

Spring and early summer was cold this year. So cold the plants didnt grow at all.

Since July it has been warm enough and now chillies are forming, my outdoor hydro has big rootballs and everything is looking alot brighter!

1rocotoroots.jpg

I had 4 plants in my 45 liter container, but my neighbours kids broke the habanero while playing soccer so there is only 3 left. In my hydro i have: Rocoto, Purple Tiger and Cayenne.

The plants are growing bushy with thick steams!

1rabatten2.jpg

My Cayennes are the best prducers this far and every branch are filled with chillies. It wont take long until they are mature and ready for chillie-sause!

1cayenne.jpg

Its been a tough spring and first half of the summer with cold weather, pests, storms and stupid neighbour kids. The future seems brighter and we have great hopes for a good harvest in a couple of months!

very nice uUu...heres to a great harvest for you in the coming month..

Thanks alot everybody!

Yes, they are standing pretty tight :) But that was kind of part of the plan. I wanted an inferno of different chillies in my garden instead of ordinary flowers :D

i think it will look pretty cool when they are starting to mature in all different colours: green, orange, yellow, purple, red, black!

Back