• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Getting Fit!

Down to 219 was at 233 4 weeks ago. Been doing 45 minutes of cardio 6 days a week on top of my strength training and dieting. Biggest improvement, NO MORE SNORING. My girlfriend of 2 1/2 years has never NOT heard me snore. Now I'm on 2 weeks without a peep. Pretty incredible, I don't know whether to be happier for me or her, probably her... Lol

El Angeleno said:
Down to 219 was at 233 4 weeks ago. Been doing 45 minutes of cardio 6 days a week on top of my strength training and dieting. Biggest improvement, NO MORE SNORING. My girlfriend of 2 1/2 years has never NOT heard me snore. Now I'm on 2 weeks without a peep. Pretty incredible, I don't know whether to be happier for me or her, probably her... Lol
Awesome!!

D3monic said:
We've starting actively trying to loose weight. Slowly transitioning to Paleo again and been hitting the stationary bike. Insanity on occasion but i'm way outta shape for it. 

Right now i'm like 214...way too high. 
Keep it up. You will be under 200 before you know it.

Thanks rawk thanks heckle.

sicman said:
Awesome!!

Keep it up. You will be under 200 before you know it.

Thanks rawk thanks heckle.

Thanks, 209 this morning... though I just had a totinos for lunch... >.<  chicken and rice for dinner tonight and a salad for midnight snack. 

You can eat whatever you want and have some control! Its all about exercise.  The more you do the more you lose! Sacrifice sleep,rest,food,hobbies. Make exercise  your passion. Exercise will make your whole day a thing of gain. Dont care what you do for a living,you dont have to be sick. Being FIT is easier than being fat.   You can do steps while you fold cothes or do dishes. Being lazy is your fault. Lets do this yall!! Everyone get up and get it. YOLO!!! Die out there or die in your chair.

I did pretty good today at first... I ran and did sprint jogs, did yoga, and then all my strength training.  Then I negated it all by going out and eating a whole pizza by myself, and whiskey shots were only $2 so throw in some of those too.  Oops. 

Way to go student. Rawk,sounds like a great day. You can eat and drink what you want. You are fit and exercise,it's a great thing. Rode 58 and jogged 3 today. Tomorrow will be similar. I don't train on Fridays then Saturday I have my first fun run.

I like fun runs, I did a color run with my sister before, I thought it'd be funny if I sat in the powdered dye, but I ended up with a blue butt for a couple days after that....

I also walked to the bar last night and its almost a mile away... so I don't feel super terrible about eating a whole pizza and knocking back some shots, its not an everyday thing.  

The produce market here had cases of strawberries for 98 cents.  I got 2 cases, so on my off days I might see how I feel if I replace breakfast with juice/protein shakes for a week or two.  

Well, I'm dumb.  After class last night, I started talking to one of the guys about the one handed push up (he can do one but then has to call it quits).  We got on talking about other weird fitness goals and off on a tangent into some break dance stuff.  I haven't tried this stuff since I was a teenager and I went to do something and popped my shoulder.  I woke up this morning and could only lift it parallel to the ground.  :-/  it seems out of place, its clicking and popping, hoping it will settle down, I've been making some progress this week and was hoping to get to my group work out tonight. 

Oh no. You can't be doing that it's not called break dancing for nothing. I hope you heal fast and strong. Dumped 60 miles walked 4 and jogged two. Rest up tomorrow then I'm pushing little kids and old ladies down Saturday morning at the bubble run.

Holy Hell am I sore....It has been over four years prior to esrd that i lifted and exercised. Dayum i haven't felt this much pain from lifting in decades....IM OLD :( !!!!! lol

didn't do anything today as tomorrow I am going into the woods to set up camp and prepare to hunt saturday morning. will start again monday morning and will hopefully be less sore next week.

Nice. I actually need a new pair of running shoes. Today was total rest day. The hardest thi g I did was back a trailer into a feed lot. Waffle house and a beer for breakfast. Fuct getting fit,I'm getting drunk. Stromboli for dinner,I don't give a fuct. Tomorrow full blown training mode. 100 mile ride in 14 days. And I do not want it to take all day.
Oh,and the bubble run was fun. Had a great time.

I may be able to do 100 miles in 14 days.
Damn sure not in one day.
Get yer groove on Sic!

Waffle House sounded good this morning. I ended up holding out for some wings and beers for dinner.
Back at it tomorrow though.

Hope everyone is getting there steps in. Keep it up every and anyone. Going to be increasing my running to four miles when I run. Goal is 7.2 for now. Had a tuff ride today. Was very drained and it was hard. Gearing up for tomorrow and then I'm going to molest a pizza and a few beers.

Yall letting this thread die?  No gains for anyone?  Getting Fit is a bad thang? Lets see some resuts yall! Die out there or Die in your chair!

Heckle said:

well now that i know theres no difference...
Come on dude,where is the Gain? Lets go gain,Gain,Gain. Nothing to argue about either you gaining or you losing?  Lets go peope. Lets Gain. 

Back