• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Getting Fit!

Hell to the no!
I was a bit lazy tonight, but still managed a little over 8 miles walking today and lifted.
Thought about jumping on the elliptical but after these last two IPA's I might fall off :)

Tomorrow, a new day begins.

http://youtu.be/DBwgX8yBqsw

Went for a couple mountain hikes this weekend. Found a nice single track to ride on next time.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

sicman said:
Nice. You have some beautiful scenery. Isn't great to be outside taking in nature and all that fresh air.
It is. Where we were at I only saw a family of mountain bikers and two people on horse back. The only thing you have to watch out for is moose. LoL.

Family on bikes,how awesome. That's a great thing. Seen a couple with there Nintendo playing code red sipping fat son. They had him on the trail and were there for encouragement and support. Instead of looking at the people that we love dying they decided to sacrifice there time to make sure their loved one is healthy.

Well that is funny. But also true. Just glad to see parents doing something about it. Blows my mind, when I was young all I did was exercise. There was one fat dude around. Look at the schools today!

I was out camping at Cave Run Lake in the Daniel Boone National Forest last week.  Took the dogs out for a couple hikes.  It is a little shy of 2 years since Bacio's last hip surgery.  He recovered well, but his back end remains weaker, thinner and much less stable than a regular dog, I was a bit nervous taking him out there.  These hikes were in mountains, and the trails weren't the dirt paths I was expecting.  Everything in the forest was covered with fallen leaves (even a few fallen trees) and it was very hard to make out where the paths were.  My little guy did a great job sniffing out the trail while Yuki was getting distracted by squirrels. I had no idea how high we'd hiked up since all around was just forest, and the map I had was terrible.  At one point I saw some sunlight coming through the trees and I thought we'd made it back to the road only to find we were at the top of a lookout point, with less than 15 feet to the edge of the cliff. Everything went fairly smoothing until the end of our last hike when we were zig zagging down and Bacio decided he didn't know where to turn.  I almost had a heart attack but grabbed him by the harness and was able to pick him up before he fell and get him back going the other direction. I'll toss in a few pictures here, but I don't have many uploaded yet.  

The beginning of one trail
w1iTAVu.jpg

On top of the mountain
XBwxGeG.jpg

Since I've been back home I've been trying to get in the swing of things without overdoing it and throwing my back out again.  The dogs have been getting nice long walks, yesterday we hit 2 miles, and today we did 3, in addition a went for a 2 mile jog. Been doing the calisthenic stuff too just not as intense as I was for now. But I've had a major cheat week going to the last 2 Cubs games, loading up on beer and stadium junk food. 

I officially put my martial arts classes on hold for at least the winter. I am still training 2 hrs/2x week with a martial arts friend who took that trip to Colorado with me, but I am reinvesting the $ I was spending on my membership into archery classes and perhaps yoga or this circus training gym that is slated to open near my place.

Your camping trip looked awesome. Circus training? We will need pics. Archery sounds cool. Yesterday was fantastic, rode 24 hardest miles I've done, it was brutal. And ran 6.2 miles. That's long distance record for me. It wasn't pretty but I know that I can run ten K's. Was kinda proud of myself.

Haha. I also ran cross country in middl/high school. I need to see if Moms gots any pics. I feel fine though. I was pretty fit up until five years ago. I gave up and got fat and disturbed. Any pains I have these days are way better than feeling like craps and not being able to move.

Did another ten K run after 60 miles on the BIKE today. Where all my peeps at? There has to be some gains from someone. I feel great I'm looking better than I have in a long time and I'm so much happier. There was a dozen plus people in the #15 club. I want to start the challenge over again. 15 pounds before Christmas. I will not be partaking but I will lose another 5 and also send everyone that achieves it a x-mas card wishing your family happy holidays and congrats. Let's all bring the new year feeling better.

Hellfire!
I wasn't in the 15 lb club to start out but I guess I should have been. Hit -18 yesterday but likely blew that out with a fat assed sub for lunch and perogies and sausage for dinner tonight. :)
Made up part of the difference with an extra run tonight.
Now for some extra carbs from beer ;)

Back