• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Getting Fit!

Voodoo 6 said:

Get a bike Stetto! Cheers! 

You know, it's in the works every Spring, I need a bike "specialized" to ride in occasional sugar sand situations (these farmers will use whatever they have on hand that they can't plant corn or soybeans in to shore up their farm roads! Class 5 is rare....), but I don't want to spend the extra coin on a snow bike (though we get 6 months of that too....hmmm), a happy medium is what I seek, if I had the damned time!!

14088467_1056894447762656_3058542341565823405_n.jpg

been doing parking garages at 4ish in the mornings....up hill is where the suffering is at...can you vouch sic?

heading out on monday to hike in the ozarks for the week.  will be doing a shake down for pikes peak.

Attachments

• IMG_1148 (1).JPG
    IMG_1148 (1).JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 72
stettoman said:

You know, it's in the works every Spring, I need a bike "specialized" to ride in occasional sugar sand situations (these farmers will use whatever they have on hand that they can't plant corn or soybeans in to shore up their farm roads! Class 5 is rare....), but I don't want to spend the extra coin on a snow bike (though we get 6 months of that too....hmmm), a happy medium is what I seek, if I had the damned time!!

14088467_1056894447762656_3058542341565823405_n.jpg

Man.

I would love to try out one of those fat ass bikes.

With a backpack, a tent, 2 fly rods, and a zippo lighter.

On North Padre Island.

I want to hear coyotes sing me to sleep.

The wind howl.

And the waves crash.

hardcore said:
been doing parking garages at 4ish in the mornings....up hill is where the suffering is at...can you vouch sic?

heading out on monday to hike in the ozarks for the week.  will be doing a shake down for pikes peak.

I have friends who bike up Pike Peak every year....they do it on dirt bikes, but still....

texas blues said:

Man.

I would love to try out one of those fat ass bikes.

With a backpack, a tent, 2 fly rods, and a zippo lighter.

On North Padre Island.

I want to hear coyotes sing me to sleep.

The wind howl.

And the waves crash.

What a great Idea! We try to get to Mustang when we can (about a mile south of Port A.), and those wheels would be great on that beach!!

http://sandollarsity.com/SandollarSityBeachHouseRentalsBeachWebcam.php

Gots me a jiu jitsu competition tomorrow.  I spent a good few weeks dropping weight in a healthy way to easily make my weight class (not a dramatic weight/water cut like a lot of fighters do), only to move up a weight class because there were no competitors at my weight.  I'm more bummed/disappointed than nervous/excited.  Nearly everyone I spoke with insisted this was a great tournament because so many people sign up.  I tried to get a refund but no dice, only "future tournament credits". To make matters worse my first match is against my training partner. I told her who ever wins buys the burritos and beers post competition so who ever wins or loses our match wins and loses. 

Rawkstah said:
Gots me a jiu jitsu competition tomorrow.  I spent a good few weeks dropping weight in a healthy way to easily make my weight class (not a dramatic weight/water cut like a lot of fighters do), only to move up a weight class because there were no competitors at my weight.  I'm more bummed/disappointed than nervous/excited.  Nearly everyone I spoke with insisted this was a great tournament because so many people sign up.  I tried to get a refund but no dice, only "future tournament credits". To make matters worse my first match is against my training partner. I told her who ever wins buys the burritos and beers post competition so who ever wins or loses our match wins and loses. 

Rawk.

Do what you do.

Kiss your training partner.

Tell her you love and respect her.

And then kick her ass!

Tournament is over.  My training partner didn't want to fight me in the end so we rock paper scissored it and she won with scissors for the first division.  I went 50/50 with all my matches, by points, which is completely unsatisfying to win or lose on.  For the second division it was the same, and I forfeit the match against my training partner because she didn't want to fight me again and my forfeiting gave her gold instead of silver, I took 3rd in both divisions.  All in all, not really my jam, I like striking, the punching and kicking, much better than grappling matches....  The competitors would just score points and camp out, even I became guilty of that at the end because i knew if I wanted to try a submission that I'd concede my position and they'd get points.  Ugh I'm just not thrilled with any of what happened. 

Rawkstah said:
Tournament is over.  My training partner didn't want to fight me in the end so we rock paper scissored it and she won with scissors for the first division.  I went 50/50 with all my matches, by points, which is completely unsatisfying to win or lose on.  For the second division it was the same, and I forfeit the match against my training partner because she didn't want to fight me again and my forfeiting gave her gold instead of silver, I took 3rd in both divisions.  All in all, not really my jam, I like striking, the punching and kicking, much better than grappling matches....  The competitors would just score points and camp out, even I became guilty of that at the end because i knew if I wanted to try a submission that I'd concede my position and they'd get points.  Ugh I'm just not thrilled with any of what happened. 

I wouldn't hold it against your training partner for not wanting to fight you.

I don't reckon I would want to fight you.

Mike Tyson said it best.

"Everyone has a plan."

"Until they're punched in the face."

I thought I'd update, being as I jumped on the thread with a Max Trainer in my bedroom and a whine in my heart.

In the last three weeks I seem to have misplaced 10 lbs. I'm taking a few suppliments, like AbCuts and high protien "candy bars", and drinking around 16 oz of fresh brew green tea every day.

I'm also tearing out and remodelling 3 bathrooms and a mudroom.

The bike hasn't happened yet but I still want one, if for no other reason than to take it to the beach and invite TB to ride....

Alright Gents, I need some advice. I have become quite swollen over the years of working in an office and having severe arthritis in my knees (due to skiing so many days in my youth). I need to drastically change my diet due to the inability to do high impact exercises. I can still walk long distances, hike, low impact stuff... What I'm looking for is some kind of reasonable meal plan. I'm good about breakfast usually, but things go off the rails at lunchtime and dinner. I am busy running a practice so if I don't have something healthy prepared and on sight at work, I end up with all kinds of delicious, fattening take out. Any advice on where to start?....the easier it is the more likely I'll stick to it. 

yo cold smoke.........GO GREEN, ditch the animal products.

i been fine tuning my plant based whole food diet..soy products is now out for me to. and any thing i drink is room temperature.

give vegan a weekish...you will be amazed

Back