• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Getting Fit!

Voodoo 6 said:
Normally that would be true, but I don't have many interest. i love things like deep physics and lasers. So yeah.. never getting laid.

You are so not going to get laid with those interests... :rofl: Well, you have that cycling thing going on, so maybe you have some hope yet. Not every interest needs to be the same and with those hobbies you have, you must be pretty intelligent too...Women like strong looking intelligent/sensitive manly men and i have noticed that fact very often. :woohoo:

Voodoo 6 said:
women like retards, who beat them. I can stick with reading, and looking at the stars..

The foolish younger women may like that thing, but they will get over it in time and start looking for that much safer option to start family with.  I think you have the qualities to be a great father someday perhaps in the more distant future. :thumbsup:

I need to get back to my diet. I get plenty of exercise, but if I don't watch what I eat, I gain weight.

I haven't stepped on a scale, but I'm guessing I've put on about 15-20 lbs in the past 6 months. :confused:

It's not hard to eat healthier. I just need to start doing it again.

muskymojo said:
I need to get back to my diet. I get plenty of exercise, but if I don't watch what I eat, I gain weight.

I haven't stepped on a scale, but I'm guessing I've put on about 15-20 lbs in the past 6 months. :confused:

It's not hard to eat healthier. I just need to start doing it again.

Whom am I to suggest anyone lay off the Hamm's and tartar sauce?

I want a fried walleye sammich.

And don't skimp on the tartar!

Heyo.  Had my first jiu jitsu competition yesterday.  It was only an informal in-house tournament, but it followed the International Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Federation rules for the matches.  I successfully dropped 7 lbs since I got back from Jamaica and ended up winning all my matches, but I wasn't really satisfied with competing. It was my first time fighting in a jiu jitsu match (I've fought more JKD/MMA style and Karate fights in the past).  I have to say that I'm not psyched on getting points for specific things in matches... I like fighting to win or submit, not worry about score points.  Anyway in regards to getting fit.... I need to condition better.  I have to run sprints or something.  My strength/flexibility is alright, and I thought my cardio was fine since I recent started running again, but fighting is a whole different level.  I hacked up my lungs afterward.  Here's a shot of me working on getting a triangle choke, I held the triangle for a minute or longer but didn't realize her I hadn't cleared her hand, so she wasn't actually being choked :(.  I came close to an armbar in  my first fight but ran out of time, ended up winning all my matches on points  :rolleyes:
YPzBKjF.jpg

Annndddd here's my death stare after that match was over...
CpK58vR.jpg

i started training for the manatou incline and hiking pikes peak in june and doing the 104 floor stairwell climb for 911 for a week now.

i thought i was fit....i got a week of stair master, jogging parking towers and climbing stair wells done....go uphill...it will open your lungs!

hardcore said:
i started training for the manatou incline and hiking pikes peak in june and doing the 104 floor stairwell climb for 911 for a week now.

i thought i was fit....i got a week of stair master, jogging parking towers and climbing stair wells done....go uphill...it will open your lungs!

Hard to find some hills the the flatness that is Chicago... plenty of stairs though, maybe I will start running some stair sets! Thanks for the ideas. 

Voodoo 6 said:
if you ever find a way to be with women, write a book, I will read it over and over.

been with mine 42 years, what i do is be nice , do the house work, act like you are listening, kiss them when leaving and upon arrival, bring flowers home on sundays....crap like that.

oh and the best line is.......your my best friend....

yo voodoo....

made a hour drive just to get a sugar from my sugar under the historical Evangeline oak tree last week end.

this pic was made under the marine corps flag....had to sneek that one in

do dumb ass spontaneous crap like that with your women....works every time

Attachments

• IMG_0900 (2).JPG
    IMG_0900 (2).JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 67
i have been jogging parking towers and climbing stair wells this last weekish for training.  on a whim, me and the wife went to the state capitol building

(tallest in US) to get in some stair well climbing on Saturday ......freaken stair well closed to the public!    

did some research, and found the top 6 tallest buildings in louisiana are in new orleans .... plan on doing those over a week end soon.

They finally fixed my Hernia umbilicalis(there was just plain fat inside my bellybutton cavity) in thursday by putting a small carbon fibre reinforced plastic mesh under my ab muscles to plug the hole in my bellybutton. Given my overall body condition before the fix, i am already feeling pretty good and have not needed to take any painkillers either. Just need to moderate all my lifting for a few weeks+ another two weeks before i can start training again with weights.

For now i just walk around outside to keep my body in check and make the fix heal up faster. The fix area looks pretty nasty for now and in the end will have another permanent scar to be added to my collection of numerous scars in my body. :P

Anyone have experience on a Bowflex MaxTrainer? I was curious about results...

I don't do their silly 14 minute miracle workout. I'm 58, 75 (at least) lbs over, and having 10 various surgeries over 10 years with their 6-10 week recovery spans, I am very recently coming out of a l-o-o-o-o-ng sedentary spell. Add to that a younger brother having had a stroke a year ago and will be bed-ridden for the rest of his life, I decided to not wind up in a similar situation.

Like I rambled, I don't do Bowflex' plan, I can't be on that idiot climb-in-place machine for 14 minutes. I do 60. Sometimes 45, once 73, but mostly an hour, level 11, marching along like on a brisk-yet-leisurely hike up a damned steep hill. 

We got the machine in November, been on it 6 days out of 7 ever since. I now eat a 200 calorie protein bar for breakfast, then climb on the evil machine, am very much more conscious about my diet the rest of the day, which includes a cup of (ugh) green tea, AB Cuts and some brand of testosterone "support" capsule, then half as much of the potatoes/gravy/red meat/cheese/cheese/cheese that I used to.

Since November I have lost a total of 8 ounces.

What do I need, more chocolate???

stettoman said:
Anyone have experience on a Bowflex MaxTrainer? I was curious about results...

I don't do their silly 14 minute miracle workout. I'm 58, 75 (at least) lbs over, and having 10 various surgeries over 10 years with their 6-10 week recovery spans, I am very recently coming out of a l-o-o-o-o-ng sedentary spell. Add to that a younger brother having had a stroke a year ago and will be bed-ridden for the rest of his life, I decided to not wind up in a similar situation.

Like I rambled, I don't do Bowflex' plan, I can't be on that idiot climb-in-place machine for 14 minutes. I do 60. Sometimes 45, once 73, but mostly an hour, level 11, marching along like on a brisk-yet-leisurely hike up a damned steep hill. 

We got the machine in November, been on it 6 days out of 7 ever since. I now eat a 200 calorie protein bar for breakfast, then climb on the evil machine, am very much more conscious about my diet the rest of the day, which includes a cup of (ugh) green tea, AB Cuts and some brand of testosterone "support" capsule, then half as much of the potatoes/gravy/red meat/cheese/cheese/cheese that I used to.

Since November I have lost a total of 8 ounces.

What do I need, more chocolate???

Something definitely isn't right here. Have you tried just walking? I've been walking 3-4 miles a day at a pretty aggressive pace and shoot for a total of 10-15,000 steps a day total. If I keep my food consumption to 1500 calories or so and lay off the alcohol, I can lose 1-2 lbs a week without many issues. Try to keep moving all day. Burns calories.

I'm down about 15 lbs since Jan and the wife is down 28 or so since November, but she does the Weight Watchers program. I don't.

Jeff H said:

Something definitely isn't right here. Have you tried just walking? I've been walking 3-4 miles a day at a pretty aggressive pace and shoot for a total of 10-15,000 steps a day total. If I keep my food consumption to 1500 calories or so and lay off the alcohol, I can lose 1-2 lbs a week without many issues. Try to keep moving all day. Burns calories.

I'm down about 15 lbs since Jan and the wife is down 28 or so since November, but she does the Weight Watchers program. I don't.

I have an 11 year old Goldie mix who dictates how far we walk, and when. He's still good for about 2 miles most of the time, but not very often. We're nothing but dirt roads out here, my knees and feet hate 'em. I have plans for an appropriate bike purchase this Spring, but biking north of the 45th parallel is very seasonal. My doc thinks I have a glandular issue, like Cushings. So I'm testing for Cushings this week.

It's really discouraging putting all this effort (and not a little $$) into no result. But I have to do something or it's going to be 100 lbs instead of 75, so 8 oz gone is 8 oz in the right direction....

Back