• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Getting Fit!

3 months ago I would never have thought that I would ever be one of them "idiots" on a road bike. But ya a year ago I was obese and was only trying to ride Ben and jerrys. It's very funny where life can take you. The key is to make sure your steering in the right direction,everything else will fall in place.

My sexy wife did her first 50 mile ride today. Im very proud and excited.
11885323_1461477177513570_6936064614033415288_n.jpg

Ive put in 238 miles on the Bike in the last 7 days,thats with two rest days.

Sounds good, both of you ...

Having lost my assistant at work going into crazy season, I'm happy just to be holding my ground ...

6 months ago I would have ordered a pizza last night, when I couldn't stop working to shop, but instead I cut up a head of cauliflower and lightly fueled until I could grocery shop this AM ...

Great story, congrats to you guys!
Just started with a fancy pants personal trainer/nutritionist on Tuesday. I can't even lift my arms to pick my nose today lol
I was pretty fit from boxing & martial arts most my life but 4 years ago an ongoing injury made it pretty much impossible so I quit and I've slowly been piling on weight since "livin' the good life". 
230 now, want to get to 185/190, hope I can have the same success you folks have! Great work!

I've been slacking a bit.  Last Tuesday I had a woman gun it to try and get by a car turning left by cutting me off in the bike lane.  It was the first time I really lost my temper on my bike at a driver because she knowing put my life in danger. She was behind me at one point, and saw the car in front of her was turning left so she accelerated and illegally used the bike lane (where I was riding) to pass this car.  Had I not slammed my brakes and gotten my feet on the pavement to stop everything I would have be mangled against some parked cars. Yesterday was my first day on the bike since then, and at first I thought it was just because I hadn't ridden in a while that it seemed like it was taking to much energy out of me, but I realized after about 5-10 min that my brakes were jammed from the incident.  I'm going to try and fix them now so I can get to my classes tonight. Be safe on those bikes everyone!

Lady Sic said:
My sexy husband donned his first set of "spandex" (not spandex, lol)
Thanks for getting me through that last few miles and giving me incentive to push myself harder then I thought I could!!!!

11924898_10204867296990776_2474281691584939829_n.jpg
Never thought I'd see sicman in spandex. I bet he didn't either.

That's meme material right there... ;)

muskymojo said:
Never thought I'd see sicman in spandex. 

I was thinking the same thing. My mind just... I never thought I'd see the... I don't know what to say.

Spandex looks dumb, but it sure makes you feel fast!

After putting in thousands of miles on the BIKE. I can assure you that you are faster. Go ride 50 with your clothes filling up with air and dragging you down like your pulling a parachute and then talk to me about dumb.
Bee safe Rawk,glad your ok. @musky,no I didn't,lol.

sicman said:
After putting in thousands of miles on the BIKE. I can assure you that you are faster. Go ride 50 with your clothes filling up with air and dragging you down like your pulling a parachute and then talk to me about dumb.

lol I know all that. Just don't start shaving your legs!  ;)

edit: I wasn't implying that YOU in particular look dumb in biking duds. I have several biking jerseys and wouldn't expect to win any beauty competitions while wearing them either. Also, regardless of any improvements in drag coefficient, I know for a fact they make me FEEL faster.  :dance:

sicman said:
Ya,but do you have beer mug socks? That's where the real speed comes in,lol.

Ha! No beer mugs, but years ago my brother got me some Salsa socks with chile peppers on them. Those were dope. And very, very fast!

El Angeleno said:
Great story, congrats to you guys!
Just started with a fancy pants personal trainer/nutritionist on Tuesday. I can't even lift my arms to pick my nose today lol
I was pretty fit from boxing & martial arts most my life but 4 years ago an ongoing injury made it pretty much impossible so I quit and I've slowly been piling on weight since "livin' the good life". 
230 now, want to get to 185/190, hope I can have the same success you folks have! Great work!
lets get it going. Im trying to hit 180 myself. So I will see you there.

sicman said:
lets get it going. Im trying to hit 180 myself. So I will see you there.
Weights 3x this week and treadmill 3x this week and feeling great!  The old blender gave up the ghost so picked up a vitamix.  These things are jet engines in a box. Strawberries, banana, scoop of vanilla whey, cacao nibs and low fat milk for breakfast. Tastes awesome. 

Good for you Sic. You two are kicking a$$'z. I gained 3 pounds since yesterday morning. What the hell? Have been drinking lots of water. Still digging with a shovel all day. Been in the mid 90's in the shade.

Have a great weekend all.

OCD Chilehead said:
Good for you Sic. You two are kicking a$$'z. I gained 3 pounds since yesterday morning. What the hell? Have been drinking lots of water. Still digging with a shovel all day. Been in the mid 90's in the shade.

Have a great weekend all.
Thanks man. Weighing yourself every day is a waste. My weight changes up and down every day. What I do Is when I see that next low weight,ill wait a coupe days and I dont count that weight until I see it again.

Today turned out to be my personal best distance.

Back