• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Getting Fit!

Pinched a nerve somewhere in my neck/shoulder region... It feels like I have the nastiest hangover headache and the pain is shooting up my neck to my ear!

I made this turmeric-lemon cocktail thing for anti inflammatory help... we'll see how it works .  its half a lemon, about an inch of fresh grated turmeric, and a squirt of honey.  Stir it up and top with water... I added the mint leaf because i had a mint sprig on the kitchen table that I didn't use last night. 
11942287_10102074986053439_1808815464235359803_o.jpg

sicman said:
 Lets go guys,I need motivation also.

I just had a half a Hot N Ready from Little Caesars. Motivated yet?
Rawkstah said:
Pinched a nerve somewhere in my neck/shoulder region... It feels like I have the nastiest hangover headache and the pain is shooting up my neck to my ear!

I made this turmeric-lemon cocktail thing for anti inflammatory help... we'll see how it works .  its half a lemon, about an inch of fresh grated turmeric, and a squirt of honey.  Stir it up and top with water... I added the mint leaf because i had a mint sprig on the kitchen table that I didn't use last night. 

There's specific places you can massage to help.

I switched to 75% less soda and black coffee instead *bleh!

Been hitting the stationary bike the past few nights after work. Only averaging about 8 miles a pop right now. Also started to do insanity again but it's hard with my shoulder injury.. just modify modify modify. Still plenty of cardio to be had. 

Try honey in coffee if u hate it black and want a little sweetness. I recently switched to cold brew coffee and like it better black actually.

4.5 weeks, 7 lbs ...

So, that's 12-13 lbs in total over 6-7 weeks ...

Mine's essentially diet-only, although we do walk and use the rebounder every other day or so ...

Planning on picking up the pace of the exercise in the coming weeks ... coming as in - like October-ish =)

Way to go Grant,keep it up. Big B get on the BIKE,mofo. Yesterday ran 2 and rode 22 then drummed my ass off for several hours last night. Burned 6218 calories yesterday,lol. Today is a rest day only have 8 hours of mowing to do.

Awesome view. It would be nice to do any exercise up there. I'm down to 186 so one more pound for the 15 pound club. One more week left. Where are all the members,there was a dozen or so of us.

I can dig that. Gearing up for a nice ride in the morning as we type. Get on the BIKE! So I'm still wondering where the #15 club is? You guys have had like two month! Let's do this shit.

Did you meen drop 15 pounds? Sh!t. LOL

I've lost 6 pounds and been at a block. Have been Burnt out laboring at work 10-12 hrs a day. Haven't found the motivation for anything extra. Usually can't even move toward the end of the day. Fatigued. Haven't been sleeping good for the past couple months. They say no good sleep and you don't lose weight. Don't know. But I'm not giving up.

Glad to see your almost there bro.

Congrats

You got to sleep Chuck. Sleep and water. The two most important things. Make it happen, Yolo. 235 miles this week. I don't ride on Tuesdays or Fridays. Not bad for five days. But I have way bigger plans.

I'm trying to get back in the swing of things, did a brief work out yesterday, got some work in today.  I recently bought a sculpting with yoga dvd, but totally forgot about for the past couple weeks.  I remember today after I did my workout, but decided to throw it on just to get a taste of it... I did the first 15 minutes and I am pretty happy with it so far.  It's not a very professional video, but it is 3 hours long with different segments for different goals.  For example there are segments for total body sculpting, fat burning, flexibily improvement, core strength, and even a relax and restore segment.  I'm going to try and do a segment or two a day depending on the segment length and what other exercise I get in for the day.  

Oh and for the hell of it I tried to do a 1 handed push up today, I made it about an inch down and it was like my arm was telling my brain that if we went any further we were going to sacrifice the face into the floor. 

We've starting actively trying to loose weight. Slowly transitioning to Paleo again and been hitting the stationary bike. Insanity on occasion but i'm way outta shape for it. 

Right now i'm like 214...way too high. 

The Sic clan looks great! Barely recognize ya!

I've decided to take a progress pic on Sundays as motivation.  Maybe it will help to see the progression, because I am able to do much more physically than I could before.  I need to get more cardio into the mix, I just really hate running and can't do much in my apartment because of neighbors downstairs. 

Back