• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Giant Pumpkin+veg. GLOG!!!

Awesome! Get them in the ground as fast as you can! They really like going into a larger area, something about the roots scavenging for water/nutrients. 

Man, that sucks about the plant.  I've been following all this with interest.  I'd be in there with all of you if I didn't already have too many projects going.

You can try sprinkling cayenne powder or red pepper flakes or whatever you can get inexpensively at your local big box.  Sprinkle it on the ground wherever the dogs (or whatever) are digging.  Super-hot powder works best, but it's hard to come by in the quantities you'd need.

Thanks for the tips Sawyer and thanks for watching this thread! I'm putting up a dog proof barrier, just a matter of getting the lumber I need to fill in the gaps. I think I will try pepper powder idea. He seemed to only want my Atlantic for some reason, even when they were it pots that was the first one he would go to... If you ever think about growing these, once of us can answer your questions. 

Since this has to do with my 2015 growing season I will post it here...

Wicked Mike is da bomb! Got a bubble from him today...

TGuSc44.jpg

You ask and you shall receive... In this case all I asked for was cilantro seeds!
Pepper people are known to be awesome but Mike is beyond awesome... I can't even pronounce half of the pepper names! Love it!

List of seeds: 

Non-pepper:
Beit Alpha Cucumber
Peruvian Cilantro

Tomatoes:
Paul Robeson
Aunt Ruby's German Green
Ananas Noire
Green Zebra
Yellow Brandywine

Peppers:
7 Pot Barrackpore
7 Pot Primo, Yellow
7 Pot Brain Strain
7 Pot Lava
7 Pot Mustard
7 Pot Douglah
7 Pot Gigantic SR Chocolate
7 Pot Jonah

Aji Brazilian Starfish
Aji Cito
Aji Lemon Drop
Aji Habanero
Aji Dulce

Scorpion Butch T
Scorpion Brown Moruga
Scorpion Red Moruga

Pimenta Lisa
Carolina Reaper
Manzano Orange/Yellow
Jalapeno Multicolor
Bhut Jolokia Peach
Scotch Bonnet MoA Yellow
Habanero Giant White

Datil 
Venezuelan Tiger
Sus Biberi
Wiri Wiri
Sadabahar
Aleppo

Thanks again Mike! What a collection! 

EDIT: My second Atlantic seed has germinated, still waiting on the Rahe..

Omg i would be giddy with excitement if i received such a package! Alas i live too far away.

anyways.. i've also been following this thread. So exciting to see the growths!

I was giddy as soon as I saw Mike's name on the package... From what I have seen, and experienced, it can only mean good things... Great things!

Sawyer said:
That's an awesome spread of seeds.  Time to get sowing!
We'll try! I can't grow all of these because of limited space, but I for sure want to grow the Paul Robeson tomato, the cucumber, Douglah, Jalapeno, and Cilantro...

Since no one has posted for a while I will go ahead and update you on my pumpkins... 

979 Rahe was a failure, it happens though...

895 Rahe germinated within two days, difference with that one is I soaked the seed over night, in a peroxide solution. 895 is just now starting to poke out of the soil, I expect it to be fully out by at most Monday. Excited to see what this one does as this is the one with the nicest orange genetics. 

The seeds that I got from Wicked Mike, I decided to start the Cucumbers, 7pot Mustard, 7pot Lava, Jalapeno, Paul Robeson tomato. Cucumbers are already sticking out of the dirt. I will plant in the ground once they get better established. 

It's officially spring!!! Going to the store to get compost and possibly a plant or two!

Big Moon transplanted to 5 gal bucket til next weekend, then in the ground. The Dill didn't make it :( I potted it up and something ate it! Gone to the soil level. I am putting mesh around the Big Moon.

20150318_121327_zpsjeg6h9im.jpg

socalgardengal said:
Big Moon transplanted to 5 gal bucket til next weekend, then in the ground. The Dill didn't make it :( I potted it up and something ate it! Gone to the soil level. I am putting mesh around the Big Moon.

20150318_121327_zpsjeg6h9im.jpg

Sorry to hear about your Atlantic! Just remember when putting it in the ground, the vine falls opposite the first true leaf. So position and location is key. Looks like a nice plant though! I'm sure your nice Cali weather will help that little thing grow faster than mine. Hope it goes over well. I'll post pictures as one becomes available...

Thats a good looking little plant!

Here is an update from me
Regular atlantic still growing slow but steady.
P1050193_zpsgrs9az2g.jpg

P1050197_zpsawm9c9go.jpg

P1050199_zpszwubkcjy.jpg

And this is the open pollinated Rahe.  Its really flying along now, fast mover and much more yellow than any other pumpkin I've grown.
Odd shape but thats ok.
P1050192_zpsgss6jfhf.jpg

My Rahe seedling is growing fast I can already see it splitting the shell, I will post pictures on monday still. Nice looking pumpkin and I hope the orange genetics pull through.

Back