• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Giant Pumpkin+veg. GLOG!!!

Rahe is going in the ground today. He is getting too big too fast!!!

That is a good thing BTW

EDIT:

Thank goodness I decided to plant Rahe today, as you will see in the second picture I made a cool discovery while I was cutting out of the grocery bag... TONS OF ROOTS!!! Just look how big the plant is compared to the pot..
GxwXMhX.jpg

q1Z1uWC.jpg

sqVpFhm.jpg

The Rahe is getting a bit darker and much fatter!  Taping at 143 inches, which is 3 days earlier than my atlantic when it measured 143.  Not a spectacular difference but its something.  The Rahe also has a couple of secondary roots and a longer vine, so that is probably why.

I really really like the colour of this thing, I can see the orange getting ready to coming out.
P1050226_zpsewvolrpt.jpg

P1050227_zpsrmjrdhea.jpg

Even though is looks odd I love the shape and color... Nice job David! 

Well my big moon is looking... not good... It has odd small dark green leaves that come up then stop growing. I am thinking it probably won't make it. A grower from Phoenix is sending me a big care package of seeds. I will see what he sends but he is sending a lot... I may start another Rahe so I can keep the orange genetics true or I may start some seed that he is sending. He says he is sending tons of giant veg seeds, tomato, carrots etc, as well as watermelon, squash and pumpkin. All giants. So I will have a  nice collection to choose from. Will post pictures tomorrow probably...

Question for David,
When do you start pouring on nutes for a seedling?

ThePepperTrent said:
Even though is looks odd I love the shape and color... Nice job David! 

Well my big moon is looking... not good... It has odd small dark green leaves that come up then stop growing. I am thinking it probably won't make it. A grower from Phoenix is sending me a big care package of seeds. I will see what he sends but he is sending a lot... I may start another Rahe so I can keep the orange genetics true or I may start some seed that he is sending. He says he is sending tons of giant veg seeds, tomato, carrots etc, as well as watermelon, squash and pumpkin. All giants. So I will have a  nice collection to choose from. Will post pictures tomorrow probably...

Question for David,
When do you start pouring on nutes for a seedling?
Mine are hydroponic, so I'm pumping in the nutes from day one!
maybe a little weaker when its really young but once its first and second leaves come out I've got it planted and I go nearly full strength.

socalgardengal said:
Wowee...have some roots! Nice though. That's gonna grow quick.
Beautiful Dave! Love the color in the bright sun...grown alot also!
Thanks! Its my favorite pumpkin ever

I have been reading some, it sounds like you  can start feeding pretty early. Like you said though, weaker when it's younger. I am thinking about starting the 823 and crossing with 895. Need more compost and soil though.

ThePepperTrent said:
I have been reading some, it sounds like you  can start feeding pretty early. Like you said though, weaker when it's younger. I am thinking about starting the 823 and crossing with 895. Need more compost and soil though.
More pumpkins the better! Some vines dont do as well as others and sometimes its hard to get pumpkins pollinated.  If you've got the space go for it!  Wish I could have more!

I think I will have room. I will wait for the big moon, just to see what it does. But now that I think about it, I really don't want a small pumpkin around my BIG one. 

ThePepperTrent said:
I think I will have room. I will wait for the big moon, just to see what it does. But now that I think about it, I really don't want a small pumpkin around my BIG one. 
It gets that way, before I was fully addicted I was growing other sorts of pumpkins, but after a while you just want to maximise your chances of a massive pumpkin!

Big moon got pulled... I made sure to dig deep so I could look at the roots. The root ball was literally the size of a tennis ball. Pathetic and just down right bad looking. My week old Rahe already had a root system 4 times the size of big moon.  I have no idea what could have caused this but now I have another spot for a new pumpkin. I have another pumpkin called a 626 Wolf, it has strong orange genetics so I may grow that out and cross with Rahe. 

I really want the Rahe to do well. AZ weather is looking good from here on out, I can't wait to see what this pumpkin does! Will post pictures possibly today and Wednesday just to document growth. 

Alrighty gunna bump this thread to show off what I got in the mail today... The grower from PHX sent me a nice collection of seeds here we go. He sent so much so I will just say what I am going to grow. Giant Sun Flower, Carolina Cross Watermelon (216 pounder). Going to start those plus the 823 Rahe. 

ThePepperTrent said:

I really want the Rahe to do well. AZ weather is looking good from here on out, I can't wait to see what this pumpkin does! Will post pictures possibly today and Wednesday just to document growth. 

Alrighty gunna bump this thread to show off what I got in the mail today... The grower from PHX sent me a nice collection of seeds here we go. He sent so much so I will just say what I am going to grow. Giant Sun Flower, Carolina Cross Watermelon (216 pounder). Going to start those plus the 823 Rahe. 
That sounds good! I had some carolina cross watermelon seeds at one stage, I grew a couple of small ones, but didnt really know what I was doing with my hydroponics, I should revisit those next season.
I've seen pictures of those giant sun flowers! Looks like hard work to grow them that big!

It sure is and the coolest part is to actually see it grow. Something enjoyable about starting something from this little seed, then going to a huge fruit. I can't wait to see what this Rahe does!!! How are your plants coming along?

EDIT

Got seeds from socal for giant tomatoes!!! So here is what I will grow.

Belgian Pounder
Garden Leader Monster
Delicious 
Giant Belgium Pink
Chocolate Cherry 

Will start those once I have some space on my germination mat.. Thanks Christine!

Back