• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Giant Pumpkin+veg. GLOG!!!

I've got some special sun flower seeds too, but I definitely dont have room to grow something that big!

I couldnt wait for the bad weather to end to measure and picture, its going to be bad for ages.

188 inches 153lbs/69.5kg!!!!! I'm really happy with this pumpkin! Even with the season over and not a whole lot of sun, its still growing and beaten my personal best!  Its actually getting big enough that I dont think I'll be able to lift it by myself!!
Once we get some good weather here I'm going to keep it uncovered so it will colour up some more.
P1050266_zpsu3jpq3ot.jpg

P1050267_zpswvpv5rcw.jpg

P1050268_zpsdv3xygyb.jpg

Got that done just in time! its pouring down now

What a monster!!!

Speaking of monsters I got MONSTER tomato seeds from the current world record holder, Dan MacCoy. He sent seeds from his 8.41 world record tomato. Only three seeds in each packet so I really hope for at least one tom.
QXfkWN8.jpg

Going to wait until tomorrow to start these seeds, that is when I get my heat mat.

ThePepperTrent said:
What a monster!!!

Speaking of monsters I got MONSTER tomato seeds from the current world record holder, Dan MacCoy. He sent seeds from his 8.41 world record tomato. Only three seeds in each packet so I really hope for at least one tom.
QXfkWN8.jpg

Going to wait until tomorrow to start these seeds, that is when I get my heat mat.

what would one do with a tomato that big?

BigB said:
what would one do with a tomato that big?
Big BLT my friend :D

Yeah David I am excited about these. Hoping they do well and I actually get some germination. My germ rates have been horrible lately. So wishing for the best... I will take a 4 pound mater any day.

Wow...Nice! I grew Big Zac last year and they were all smaller 1+lbs. Hopefully you get some nice ones Trent!
Great Looking pumpkin Dave! My Big Moon is growing very slowly. Still have it in a 5 gallon bucket. Been too busy the past couple weeks...hopefully get it in the ground this weekend. I've been fertilizing with MG 1/2 strength, should I use full or recommend anything else?
20150409_132701_zpsj6cuxqac.jpg
Just took this pic...hasn't grown much, maybe an inch or 2.

Fertilize at half strength is best, at this stage very little fertilizer is recommended. Once vines go, then you will want to increase. Possibly doing a foliar spray as well.

Here's my Dill's just eight days after poking out of the soil. This thing is growing too fast, I still have a little over a week until the average last frost date.

RobbieWT said:
Here's my Dill's just eight days after poking out of the soil. This thing is growing too fast, I still have a little over a week until the average last frost date.

That thing is huge! Bigger than my Atlantic was. It looks great, hopefully you can get it in the ground soon. It will really take off.

That little pumpkin is doing well!!  Looks like very rich soil!

My tomato, had to cut the net bag off it because it out grew the bag and it was squeezing on it.  I also found a bit of damage on the bottom left where I think a grub dug into it.  So that might have ruined the tomato, I dont know if its still growing or if it will colour up soon, I'll have to keep my eye on it.

P1050272_zpszabkyvc9.jpg

P1050274_zpsld6pypfl.jpg

P1050271_zpsjyepmzyu.jpg

Beautiful tomato David. Hopefully you break the 4 pound barrier, it looks big. Don't shade and it should color up. I have seen the growers pick it when it's mostly green and the ripen it inside.

How long did it take to germ?
How long did it take for the first flower and fruit?

didnt take long to germinate at all, less than a week I think.  Every time something takes less than a week I feel spoilt, I blame chilies for that.
Not sure how long it took to get the first flower, I really didnt keep track of the plant

Na the guy I got them off never got back to me about its history, I might send him a picture soon and ask again! I'll let you know when I know

I was looking at the forecast and saw no temps below freezing. So the Dill's Atlantic and Jumbo Pink Bananas went in the ground. They are planted in raised beds that are about 20 inches to ground level and filled with mostly composted leaves and grass clippings.

The Atlantic Giant is on the right, the other two are Jumbo Pink Bananas.

RobbieWT said:
I was looking at the forecast and saw no temps below freezing. So the Dill's Atlantic and Jumbo Pink Bananas went in the ground. They are planted in raised beds that are about 20 inches to ground level and filled with mostly composted leaves and grass clippings.

The Atlantic Giant is on the right, the other two are Jumbo Pink Bananas.
Looks great. Just remember vine falls opposite of the first true leaf.

Back