• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Gluten Free cooking with fire

Ok, Since I discovered I have Celiacs, I have been challenged with recreating some of our favorite recipes without wheat flour (which is in almost everything tasty to eat). Panko is one of my favorite breading for ......well, almost everything. I found that Rice chex can be crushed to create a Panko like gluten free alternative... Tonight, I made baked wings. Out of a basic recipe, I made Sauced wings with a typical wing sauce of hot sauce and butter and Parmesan wings.
Heat your oven to 425
foil line and spray shallow pans with non stick spray
Coat your cut wings with a mix of gluten free bisquick (or whatever gluten free flour you have on hand), garlic, pepper, and hot pepper powder of your choice ( I used Bhut)
Dip in egg wash (mix of egg, and water or milk {I used milk. for the Parm wings I added equal parts Paul Neaman's Italian dressing to the egg wash})
Coat the wings in crushed Chex. I added shredded Parm and Italian seasoning to Chex for the Parm wings.
Bake for 45 min.

Below are the pics. These where AWES"OME.....Please share your Gluten free recipes here!!!!!!!!

007_zps7463a7c9.jpg

003_zps34de73de.jpg

013_zpsb3fa73d3.jpg

Ok, been busy at the sic household so no posts in a LONG time, but I'll post one (actually two) tonight.....

Let us start with a cauliflower head, two eggs, and some salt and pepper..........

rice it, mike it, strain it, mix it, dip it, bake it...........wah lah!

Ridiculously simple

PIZZA

FISH TACO

So the basic idea is to process the cauliflower to a finer than rice like consistency.  Pack two full cups of riced cauliflower. place in microwaveable bowl.  cook, stir, cook, stir until tender ( a good microwave will cook in 2 two minute sessions, mine took 8).......  squeeze out all of the excess moisture.  mix two eggs, salt and pepper into cauliflower.  Mixture will be soupy.  Ladle out small tortilla size portions onto parchment paper and bake at 375.  flip after 10 minutes and bake 5 more minutes.  For crispier tortillas, place on hot skillet briefly.  These are thicker and "doughy" so I made personal pizzas.....surprise!  They are good.

The fish taco filling.......1/4 oil, juice of a lime, mild white fish, fresh mild jalapeno, cilantro, Lady Sic's salmon rub, sliced green onion.  toss fish into a marinade consisting of all ingredients.  marinate for 15 minutes. sprinkle a touch more Lady Sic salmon rub and bake fish at 350 for 10 minutes or until flaky. cool and flake. Load that taco up with all of your favorite ingredients.

Genius! Just genius!!!!!

I've heard of a similar crust using grated zucchini. I'll have to dig out the recipe to see if it's actually GF!  :)

And I KNOW those feesh tacos rocked the Universe 'cause they had your rub on the fish!!!!!   ;)

Thanks for the pic Lady Sic!!!!!!!!     :dance:

I'm going to try eggplants and then zucchini using this recipe just to see what happens. Thanks CJ.....
Now, off to have a cauliflower crust pizza for breakfast.

My zucchini isn't big enough to try this yet, but here's a pizza crust recipe I was given a couple years ago:

Grate 1 fairly lrg (not huge) zucchini. Put into a strainer w/ salt for 2+ hours, and squeeze till dry.

Mix w/ 1 cup GF flour (or rice, or chickpea, etc), 1 egg, and whatever spices you want.

Bake on a greased pan @ 350, for 30 minutes or so. It will crisp up more when toppings are added and cooked, but needs to be pre-baked.

Add toppings and bake...

I don't see why parm couldn't be added to this dough.....   ;)

Back