beer =[ GM's 1st 16x Batches, and/or 10 mo. Brewing ]=

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
     Just getting caught up on the fate of my berries. I see you used them to brew a sledgehammer. I can't wait to see that stuff all cleared up - so the color can really shine through.

I have only had the mulberry so far and it is delicious.  Real nice flavor, sweetness and texture.  

tctenten said:

I have only had the mulberry so far and it is delicious.  Real nice flavor, sweetness and texture.  

Glad you like it! And thanks for the feedback. This is the fourth year I'm made jam from wild berries and I think I'm really starting to get the whole process nailed down from picking to canning.

Hybrid Mode 01 said:

Glad you like it! And thanks for the feedback. This is the fourth year I'm made jam from wild berries and I think I'm really starting to get the whole process nailed down from picking to canning.

I would say you have nailed it.  Really look forward to trying the others….but I am going to be disciplined about it….only one open at a time.  I have had to do the same thing with hot sauces.  

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451778254.921101.jpg

#latelastnight

Ozzy2001 said:
I like to spread pepper jelly on some smoked Gouda with some wheat thins. Actually I need to get some more so I can empty the jars I have and try 1010's.

:think: Hmmm... 1010 makes pepper jelly, too? I see more jelly feedback coming my way!  :cheers:

Also, I gotta try that. I looove smoked gouda. I bet it goes great with pepper jelly!

Talking about filtration and phenols making me guilty ...

Might try to do these transfer, snag FG's, and hook up the Mild and the Mulberara to gas ...

What are people's guess for the FG on the Mulberara? ...

I'm guessing 1.035 ...

Wheebz wants like 1.025, or something like that ...

Beersmith guestimated an FG of 6.5P ...

Guesses? =)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451879522.712750.jpg

The Mild is reading FG of 1.016 at 35F, which is 1.015 corrected ...

Beersmith suggested that beer would end up 4.810P, which is 1.019 ...

So that beer is right around where it was predicted to land ...

It started at ~13P, which is 1.053 SG ...

So ... it's 5% ABV with the S-04 coming in at 71% attenuation ...

The hydrometer sample tasted nice tonight, with my palate intact (still) ...

Mulberara coming up =) ...

Back