beer =[ GM's 1st 16x Batches, and/or 10 mo. Brewing ]=

grant for that porter you dont need the sulfate, so you are good for that one if thats what you got it for

whats the time frame on this? I want a bottle of it once you are done with it

wheebz said:
grant for that porter you dont need the sulfate, so you are good for that one if thats what you got it for

Just finished building the MM3 - took me like 3 hours, but I think it's gapped nicely (used the .18 + .22) and has good free-wheel-like motion ...

First I did it turned on the board (I'm using screwdriver/drill, not handle), and then when I fixed that and tried to be cute and flipped the board, I setup the mill upside down, and had to do all of the aligning etc for a 3rd time =/

Anyways ... I was just waiting for C-60, which is here now, and to have a mill because I've been ordering uncrushed ...

The only possibly issue right now would be whether or not I have British Pale, or whether I'll have to brew it w/ all M.O. ... in which case it wouldn't be exactly your beer ...

I don't mind ordering some British Pale (I'll order it now, and have it for Thursday from MoreBeer) if you'd prefer to have it be your exact recipe ...

I've already scaled it up to three gallons for my system, so that's done ...

wheebz said:

grantmichaels said:
The only possibly issue right now would be whether or not I have British Pale, or whether I'll have to brew it w/ all M.O. ... in which case it wouldn't be exactly your beer ...

I have British Pale - two kinds, even, LOL - Baird's and MoreBeer's (not sure which company's) ...

I'll brew it during the week this week, since work isn't too busy and I'll be able to get ahead of the lead time within a couple of days or working ...
RocketMan said:
You need to make it, so easy and good!

I might give it a go ... not really the kind of thing I'm trying to drive my diet towards, but maybe as a treat (for once I deserve one) :CHEERS:

MM3 ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454201678.915611.jpg

All setup, but drive-shaft setup for crank, won't be balanced w/ drill ...

Turn it around ... a flip it to align more easily ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454201758.907981.jpg

Cool.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454201804.287944.jpg

Not cool, now it's upside down =/

One more time ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454201846.244621.jpg

Finally.

Let's get gapped ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454201877.225622.jpg

So many screw-washer-nut assemblies ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454201914.160912.jpg

And once the guide is installed to the mill, it's not adjustable ... finger's crossed!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454202012.649935.jpg

Pretty menacing ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454202050.965046.jpg

... like deadly vagina ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454202124.322798.jpg

In other news, the brewery's a mess ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454202156.008046.jpg

Boxes of grains all across the floor ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454202189.661588.jpg

... and then some ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454202213.578813.jpg

Need to restore order!

So ... I'm experience some flavor-fade on kegged beer that's months in service ...

Miyagi stout's once-dominant (and wonderful) flavor is almost totally absent now, and was partially gone 3-4 weeks ago when I first started noticing it ...

The flavors from the yeast and the bittering hops and the maillards from one of the ingredients are ingredients using in the boil are still around, but the flavor from the main adjunct added at flameout are at a level low enough now that ONLY nitrogenating the beer brings them out ...

About a month ago there were noticeably absent right after pouring, while it was still really cold, but they would appear as the beer headed towards being on the warm side, close to room temperature ...

This is interesting to me, mostly because it seems to also be true of the hopping timing's ... the one's  used during the boil seem to have a much better half-life of decay that the one's used at any point after flame-out ... for whirlpooling ... for dry hopping etc ...

I think I've read anecdotal accounts along the way that would suggest that flavors added in secondary tend to fade over time, too ...

It's looking like if you've made something "too aggressive," flavor-fade is your friend ... but if you started out just right, you might get to enjoy a gradual decline in your brew ...

In this case, I'm sad ... the now-relatively-absent flavor was righteously delicious, and I would have pounded that 2.5 gallons straight-away without blinking an eye ...

Guess it's not just IPA's that wilt/fade ... time to update my strategy a bit ... and I guess I'll seek some flavor science 101, aging info, etc ...

Interesting ... and a little bit sad, really ...
PS - Unfortunately, I'm going to have to hypothesize that this is the long-term punishment from not managing oxidation during racking op's ...

Back