beer =[ GM's 1st 16x Batches, and/or 10 mo. Brewing ]=

1010 - at some point in the future with coordination, if I want to get something from NYC, and I can get it delivered to you while you are in the city - is it easy for you to send it out overnight between the ferry and your house? =) ...

grantmichaels said:
1010 - at some point in the future with coordination, if I want to get something from NYC, and I can get it delivered to you while you are in the city - is it easy for you to send it out overnight between the ferry and your house? =) ...

More details will help me, help you.  Whatever you need as long as it is feasible.  

tctenten said:

More details will help me, help you.  Whatever you need as long as it is feasible.  

i've become aware of this place's pastrami, and their pastrami sub - which looks incredible ...

http://www.meatandsupplyco.com/new-page/

at some point in time, if i can't stop thinking about it, i might have to give in to my urges and pony up to treat myself to it =)

it looks like it's $30/lb for pastrami, and if i were to go for it, i'd probably try to overnight a couple of pounds and the pastrami sub some Thu or Fri ...

i'm kind of hoping i just forget it exists ... but it's been described as arguably better than Katz's, and as the foie gras of pastrami ...

my cousin lives in Brooklyn and works in Manhattan, and I have another cousin who lives AND works in Manhattan, I think too ...

it might be easiest for her, i'm not sure what the constraints would really be ...

tctenten said:
I was just checking it out.

That is feasible... You would just have to tell me how to pack it. Do you think the "by the pound" is sliced or vacuum sealed?

Sliced and not vacuum sealed, but wouldn't need to be ...

I'd eat it when it arrived the next morning (and pastrami, being corned and all, isn't much of a microbiological risk) ...

The sandwich might not hold up all that well, but I'd ship one just to get to poke and prod at it regardless of how it fares ...

I hope I forget about it ... but I keep thinking about it ...

Someone here ordered smuggled some home on a plane and insists it's better than Katz's ... and he's a food critic ...

Ugh ...

So...after doing a little web surfing on google maps...this should be pretty easy.

I head up there after work on a wed or thurs night. I enjoy dinner and grab what you want. Then I hop on ferry and go home. Package it up and danielle drops it at UPS the next morning. Sitting in Grant's kitchen the next day.

tctenten said:
So...after doing a little web surfing on google maps...this should be pretty easy.

I head up there after work on a wed or thurs night. I enjoy dinner and grab what you want. Then I hop on ferry and go home. Package it up and danielle drops it at UPS the next morning. Sitting in Grant's kitchen the next day.

ok, hopefully I lose the fascination, but thanks for working the logistics!

tctenten said:
Yeah. I know your going to be honest. Wish I could have included Baby Piney.

Don't be so sure!

It took me months after initially hinting at the initial sparkling, to suggest to Ozzy that I thought one of his was infected :shh:

The IPA he sent me had foam and phenol's that tasted just like the open-ferment saison I did where the fermenter was wrapped in a fermwrap ...

We've decided he likes dry beer, and a yeast (WLP007) that's regarded for making it, though ...

tctenten said:
I will take my lumps. Sent you my first AG brew. Just let it sit for a few days and leave some in the bottle when you pour. I know you detest floaties.

Sounds good! ...

You can't taste those floaties in those commercial beers, but I do really kind of hate watching them stir-up when I lift the glass to drink ...

That is what I did on Piney. Not the most efficient thing to do, but I will gladly sacrifice a bottle or two to not suck up some trub.

Learning as I go and make corrections.

tctenten said:
That is what I did on Piney. Not the most efficient thing to do, but I will gladly sacrifice a bottle or two to not suck up some trub.

Learning as I go and make corrections.

Same here, believe me ...

Seems I'll end up crossing all of the bridges, too ...

Every. single. thing. I said I wouldn't bother with, I'm now bothering with =/

Back