beer =[ GM's 1st 16x Batches, and/or 10 mo. Brewing ]=

Ozzy2001 said:
Gotta love it when it's they're idea. My wife gets annoyed at how the bags of frozen peppers make everything in the freezer tast like them. Grant, does your vac sealer keep that from happening?

It would go a long way towards that, yes ...

There's ingress through plastics, but it's minimal ...

I have a lot of vac stuff to do, soon ...

Have to break down bulk grain orders into vac sealed 'packs' ...

I really have a bunch of not-fun/chore crap to do in the coming months ... including bottling, I guess ...

Ozzy2001 said:
Gotta love it when it's they're idea. My wife gets annoyed at how the bags of frozen peppers make everything in the freezer tast like them. Grant, does your vac sealer keep that from happening?
I do not have as fancy of one as Grant, but it works. Sometimes I have to seal it a couple of times because air gets in. Not sure if it is seal or the peppers puncturing the food saver bags.

tctenten said:
Don't laugh, I am not a science guy, but don't forget the CO2 weight. If it has any weight.

I think that's relatively negligible in this case ...

There's only 5 lbs of gas in the full tank (at high psi), and it doesn't take much liquid volume to get to 5 lbs, so I doubt there's much weight from CO2 at only ~10 psi ...

Good thought, though!
Ozzy2001 said:
Just put a whiteboard by your keezer and Mark it off when you pour one. Unless your wanting to get exact.

That kind of thing, tracking/management ... how do I put this ... is a real downer for me, LOL ...

Ozzy2001 said:
I'm mean....how important is it that you know how much is left? You can pick it up and kind of tell.

I've been doing that, but two things complicate that once you're freezers are full:

1) It'll invariably cause beer to come out of a neighboring picnic, or ...
2) I have beers w/ fined sediment, dry hops, yeast, and oak spirals etc on the bottom - that I'm serving off the top using Clear Beer ...
* Not that a scale will fix those, but it will make it easier to know where one truly is ...

wheebz said:
just pick it up real quick and put it down again, like an inch off the bottom of your cooler isnt gonna matter

that's what i've been doing ... not getting as good of a feel for it as I figured I would, I'm assuming because of the mixed 2.5 and 3 gallon kegs ...

it's another stupid thing that won't matter once i knock out bottling w/ the B.G. ... i need to empty some kegs is all ...

i'm getting to where i have a lot of shit that i want to brew ...

Back