beer =[ GM's 1st 16x Batches, and/or 10 mo. Brewing ]=

grantmichaels said:
I feel dirty ... I overnight'd a stout made partially with extract when I suddenly realized I could brew tomorrow afternoon or Saturday, a little ...

The bad news is that Amazon fucked up my order and my stout ingredients won't arrive until tomorrow ...

The good news is that Amazon fucked up and charged a different CC (hard to imagine this is possible) of mine and they refunded that charge and told me to keep the package when it arrives tomorrow ...

Now I can still say I've never purchased an extract kit, at least ;)

LOL!

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I love Amazon, they almost always do right by the customer! 

I agree. I sometimes pay a little more to have Amazon be the seller, just because I know I can count on their customer service, and their leverage on shipping charges enables them to simply outperform everyone else at returns/exchanges ...

Buying from Amazon is great, but returning things to Amazon is light years ahead of the competition IMO ...

Cost-free 5 gallons of stout - WIN!

I needed to fix the ratio of not-stout to stout in my keezer ASAP, so this was my solution ...

Even though I usually can only do ~3 gallons (easily, anyways) using all grain, I think I can brew the whole thing (5 gallons) in my equipment (6 gallons) since it's extract - or else I'll just do two 2.5 gallon batches from it, but one session would be nice ...

CHEERS!

No kit, but I found the details online ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437783948.866723.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437783958.848553.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437784093.224754.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437784101.606507.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437784111.957396.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437784146.208962.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437784212.965460.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437784226.080220.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437784252.431623.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437784268.566191.jpg

Sheer joy.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437802637.953127.jpg

Saison L'Orange is wild, and good.

Orange zest is much more palatable and subtle than the grapefruit zest was.

And it seems like it's alive ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437802785.695778.jpg

So happy - this one had the lowest odds of success.

So far, every homebrew that's made it to a glass has been great!

Much thanks to Wheebz, Bob S., Bumper, RM, HTH, and everyone else whose been following along ...

I have to have another now ...

CHEERS!

I have to xfer the Choc Maple Porter into the 3 gal keg that the SLO vacated, and let it sit in the keezer (cold) this week ...

I need a distributor block and a CO2 refill STAT - or self-service will halt, LOL.

Ohh…you made the Chocolate Maple Porter….I missed that.  I thought it was going to be down the road a bit.  It might be cheaper If I just have Amazon deliver a case of 16oz ez top bottles to your house.  Hint Hint!

Ohh…you made the Chocolate Maple Porter….I missed that.  I thought it was going to be down the road a bit.  It might be cheaper If I just have Amazon deliver a case of 16oz ez top bottles to your house.  Hint Hint!

I have to get a 2nd CO2 tank, and figure out the Beer Gun for O2-free bottle-filling and then it's on!

Be fun to trade beer AND pepper stuff, way more interesting than either ...
Where's Bumper ... ever since he disclosed his love of art and culture he's been MIA, LOL ...

Not sure…have not seen him in a few days.   Wish he wasn't so far away, seems like he would be able to join in as well.  Although shipping wasn't crazy expensive, it was actually cheaper than I would have guessed.  

I was tempted to throw some beer in there too.  I know he has been wanting to try a 10 Fiddy.   I didn't because I was afraid the altitude might burst the can.  Science isn't my thing, I could be way off about my concerns.

Ten Fidy isn't avail to me right now. Worst, not avail at Oskar Blues ... my sister tried to mail me some for my bday and it's out of season at the brewery ...

Oh well!

Back