beer =[ GM's 1st 16x Batches, and/or 10 mo. Brewing ]=

Ozzy2001 said:
very cool.

just ordered the 3rd 5 gal corny this morning, now that I know I can have 3x in the ferm chamber at once ...

i'm pretty much all set now, with the only future project being a 16 gal kettle build for doing 5-7 gallon batches comfortably ...

grantmichaels said:

just ordered the 3rd 5 gal corny this morning, now that I know I can have 3x in the ferm chamber at once ...

i'm pretty much all set now, with the only future project being a 16 gal kettle build for doing 5-7 gallon batches comfortably ...
yeah, my 7.5g Turkey fryer pot filled to the top is definitely not ideal.  Fermcap helps, but I still need to hose off my burner and driveway afterwards.

Yeah, that's really what I've been working on ... mess-prevention/mitigation ...

Working on making brew day less impactful, LOL ... especially for Danielle ...

What I'm trying to say, is that I'm working on taming the mess such that I can leave it for Danielle to clean.
Just attached the 4x distributor and a fresh tank that's sat out w/o leaking appreciably for the last 2-3 days now ...

The kegs still had pressure, too, so they can't be leaking from their seals really, either, I'm thinking ...

Hopefully it'll just work ... this is a different setup ... single regulator -> distributor block ...

I need to be able to drink homebrew again, although I've had the best couple of days of beer in my life, certainly ...

Once the kegging is square, the next order of business is bottle out of the kegs using the BeerGun ... that'll be my next challenge ...

In my ongoing saga of keg folly, enter popping the picnic tap on with the tap itself locked fully-open from cleaning w/ the pressure at like 12-13 psi (at 37F) ...

Foam party bitches!

Hoping to make a Saturday #brewday possible by working overnight, tonight ...

Have to handle some keg transfers 1st, but I think it might be possible to squeeze in a brew this weekend ...

Danielle's going make taco's Friday night, so that'll provide leftovers through the weekend ... which helps make brew day have a lot less impact on the household! ...

Need to brew Wheebz sekret stout, and then WaffleBum's indie batch next ...
So curious about these ... been hand's off, 100% ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441846730.641556.jpg

Darkness Everybody and Charliewine will start getting carb'd Friday night, after transfers ...

The Darkness Everybody stout has been in primary for 5 weeks today, and the Charliewine a month.

They've been at crash temp for a week.

In the coming couple of days, probably Friday, I'll open up those primary fermenters and see what we've got, and then transfer them through the 150 micron filter to their final kegstinations and get them carbed up over the weekend ...

I'm very curious if they'll be decent at this point in time, or if they'll be greenish ...

Will be tackling the BeerGun, and doing a lot of cleaning/sanitizing of beer lines and kegs and the freezers themselves ...

When it's all over, I'll be in prime shape for the next round of brewing ...

I'll have 3x empty 5 gallon kegs, which will allow me to have 3x batches at 67F fermenting ...

I can add kegs along the way and use those for room temp lagering, and of course the space for those is relatively unbounded ...

I'll have some bottles of the Saison L'Orange and the Chocolate Maple Porter (if there's any in the keg - not sure) once I work out the BeerGun procedure, and the Wheebz Saison, Summer Wheat, Darkness Everybody stout, and the Charliewine barleywine will be in the keezer for service ...

I've got a bunch of hops and yeast and grains in-house, and this weekend I'll be vacuum sealing all of the grains in the chamber vac ... yet another device to tackle.

Inventory

freshly dried hop cones:

cascade hops (freeport bum's)

leaf hops:

columbus 2 oz
citra 1 oz
ger hallertau 1 oz

pellet hops:

HBC 438 experimental 1 oz (x3)
aus galaxy 1 oz
cz saaz 1 oz
ger polaris 1 oz
ger brewer's gold 1 oz
ger northern brewer 1 oz
ger tettnang 1 oz
ger hull melon 1 oz
ger magnum 1 oz (x2)
uk challenger 1 oz (x2)
us fuggle 1 oz (x2)
us northern brewer 1oz
us golding 1 oz (x2)
columbus 1 oz + 4 oz
equinox 1 oz
falconer's flight 7 c's 1 oz
citra 1 oz (x2)
galena 1 oz (x2)
amarillo 1 oz
pacific jade 1 oz
sorachi ace 1 oz
zythos 1 oz (x2)
wakatu 1 oz
strisselspalt 1 oz
simcoe 1 oz
hallertau 1 oz
hallertau mittelfruh 1 oz
willamette 2 oz
jarrylo 1 oz

misc hops:

hopshot (1x)

yeast vials/smack-packs/packets:

ecy-11 belgian white
bootleg biology arlingtonesis
white labs wlp940 mexican lager
white labs wlp566 saison II
white labs wlp001 cali ale
white labs wlp090 san diego super yeast
white labs wlp862 cry havoc
white labs brettanomyces claussenii
white labs brettanomyces bruxellensis trois
wyeast 3711 french saison
wyeast 3724 belgian saison (x2)
wyeast 5151 brettanomyces claussenii
safale us-05 (x3)
safale s-04
saflager w-34/70
saflager s-23
safbrew s-33
safbrew abbaye
safbrew T-58
safbrew WB-06

grains:

15 lb thomas fawcett maris otter
11 lb briess pale ale malt
10 lb pilsner malt as "simple saison"
5 lb 2-row pale
3 lb weyermann munich malt
1 lb weyermann acidulated malt
1 lb weyermann melanoidin malt
1 lb weyermann caramunich III
1 lb weyermann carafa type 3 dehusked/debittered
1 lb weyermann roasted barley
1 lb weyermann caraaroma
1 lb weyermann carared
1 lb best maltz red x
1 lb briess carapils (x2)
1 lb briess caramel 60L
2 lb flaked oats (maillard malts)
1 lb flaked oats love2brew
1 lb briess black
1 lb briess victory
1 lb gambrinus honey malt
1 lb briess caramel 60L
1 lb dingemans biscuit (MR50)
1 lb dingemans chocolate (MR900)
1 lb dingemans special b
1 lb rice hulls
1 lb flaked maize (unmilled)
1 lb flaked rye (unmilled)
~11/16 lb pale chocolate
~.5 lb black roasted barley
~.5 lb carapils
~.5 lb crystal 15
~.625 lb black patent

extracts:

briess golden light dme
briess pilsen light dme
briess cbw golden light lme
muntons extra light dme

miscellaneous:

1 lb lactose
1 lb cascade beer candi syrup (vanilla bourbon molasses)
3 oz hungarian oak chips - med roast
4 oz french oak chips - med roast
4 pk fast pitch canned wort (x2)
4 oz cacao nibs (ghana)
1 oz sweet orange peel

The 4x kegs have been plugged into the gas through the distributor-block setup and they seem to be holding pressure ...

I've made a pair of short (sub-1') picnic taps, and I've been disconnecting them when I move on from drawing from a keg ...

So, the kegs spend most of their time hooked up to gas with empty liquid posts ... I think that might address where the leaks were coming from (connection of liquid post) ...

I haven't changed the seal yet, either, so that might be a future improvement to make everything less touchy ...

Anyways ... so far, so good ... beer service is back on, and it's a good thing too, because drinking good beer is damn expensive if your buying it =)

Tomorrow we'll find out what we've got in the two big beers ...

Saturday is BeerGun wet-lab day.

Sometimes it's the little things ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442273869.168112.jpg

Ordered the puppies over from China via aliexpress ...

They are similar to the carbonator cap I use to make soda, and/or force-carb beer in 2L PET's, but they accept both gas and liquid keg connections, which means you can attach picnic taps etc to recirc cleaner/sanitizer in the KegWasher II ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442273883.352244.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442273893.219392.jpg

Back