beer =[ GM's 1st 16x Batches, and/or 10 mo. Brewing ]=

tctenten said:
No rush here. Plans every weekend from now till the new year. Deviant Dales has a very distinct taste to me. Will be interesting to see if I can figure out what ingredient it is.

tctenten said:
No rush here. Plans every weekend from now till the new year. Deviant Dales has a very distinct taste to me. Will be interesting to see if I can figure out what ingredient it is.

Distinctly Columbus hops.

BBS summer wheat (w/ fresh apricot) ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448149004.335067.jpg

This is the keg I've got in mind for the killing ...

A high-school classmate is a senior bev scientist at Bacardi, and posted this to fb: http://cocktailwonk.com/2015/09/unveiling-the-thea-one-aging-reactor-from-lost-spirits.html

Pretty neat!

Just gave the contractor and his helper a taste of 3x of my beers ...

10:30AM beer was much more challenging conceptually for the helper than the contractor, LOL ...

That's hoptastic!
As much as I like my DIPA recipe in going try some different hops in the next one. I really want to try the citra out. Stones Ruination 2.0 has them and Simcoe and I really like the flavor.

Ozzy2001 said:
That's hoptastic!
As much as I like my DIPA recipe in going try some different hops in the next one. I really want to try the citra out. Stones Ruination 2.0 has them and Simcoe and I really like the flavor.

I'll try a bunch I'm sure, but I have a strong sense that I'll have a permanent spot for a Columbus + Citra IIPA ...

Looking forward to trying the Galaxy, though, with Wheebz' raving about it and all ...

:CHEERS:

Galaxy is AWESOME! 

Go gentle with it, a little goes a long way.  I like to use 15grams dry hopped in my pale ales, balances the citrus of hops like columbus, simcoe etc beautifully.  Also great for bittering at 14% alpha acids!  Nice to see you coming from the dark side to the hop side!

Bumper said:
Galaxy is AWESOME! 

Go gentle with it, a little goes a long way.  I like to use 15grams dry hopped in my pale ales, balances the citrus of hops like columbus, simcoe etc beautifully.  Also great for bittering at 14% alpha acids!  Nice to see you coming from the dark side to the hop side!

Welcome back...good to see you are still around.

Bumper said:
Galaxy is AWESOME! 

Very much loving a limited selection of hops as of very recently, yes ...

Believe me, I felt the same way ... was going to be dreadfully boring only doing stouts ... 60 min bittering addition w/ no hopping schedule thereafter == BORING!

tctenten said:

Welcome back...good to see you are still around.
Thanks TC, insane couple of months work, Ange's dad died, too much going on. Summer is here for us though, and taking December off, so shall be hitting you all with pics of pods, beer and food shortly! 

Bumper said:
Thanks TC, insane couple of months work, Ange's dad died, too much going on. Summer is here for us though, and taking December off, so shall be hitting you all with pics of pods, beer and food shortly! 

Sorry for your loss.  Will look forward to seeing all three.  I started a couple of 1 gallon kits on the brew front, pepper season is behind us now. 

wheebz said:
dont ever use a dedicated aroma hop like galaxy as a bittering hop

that is such a waste

Maybe, I guess I have so much of it it didn't really worry me.  I picked up a couple of bricks of it (500g each) for $50 last year, but perhaps you are right, it is a luxury.  

Man, dying to brew some beer ...

I don't even have a single recipe ready, though, or anything ...

Worst yet, I let my inventory text file become outdated, so I can't even count on that without real-world verification ...

1st world problems, I realize ...

Back