beer =[ GM's 1st 16x Batches, and/or 10 mo. Brewing ]=

'tis the season, is all ... i saw the winter warmers coming into stock, though, so stout season's probably starting to fade a bit ...

i just like variety!
on age, dunno really, long enough probably ... big beers, probably just keep on changin' ...
I'll have to work or be at a holiday engagement all of the weekend except for:

Gators vs 'Bama 4PM Saturday ...
Bucs vs ATL 1PM on Sunday ...

There. Will. Be. Much. Beer. Consumed. During. Those. Hours.

Fresh diced reaper jerk brisket ghost pepper queso nachos with fire roasted corn relish and salsa and tctenten's mystery wine plum sauce ...

23426393081_630000a18f_o.jpg
23426425201_85b8ee1151_o.jpg
23508804535_1f593e9c27_o.jpg

And, why we're here ... some other BB-aged stout ... not nearly as awesome as the BCBS, but still tasty ... lightweight at 6.9%, but who can really tell after the reaper? ...

23426440651_e28f893538_o.jpg

I'm going to be shopping for some small barrels in the coming weeks ... woot!

How big is your chest freezer that you keep your kegs in?  

Also, are your kegs ball or pin lock?

Igloo 7.1's ... hold 3x five's and 1x two-and-half and a tank ...

I have ball lock, but thereare such killer deals on pin lock's I'd probably have picked them had I known ...

Uhm ...

I can't answer ...

I'm ultimately going w/ taprite single to a secondary w/ 4x regulators ...

I want per-keg regulators, long run, but am using a distributor block right now ...

Get a good Taprite....you can add dual later with a nipple and tape.  Get a dist 2-3 way block.  You can add more later with a nipple.  Most all manifolds/dist blocks come with backflow shut offs to prevent shared Co2 and liquid getting into your Co2 lines.  A simple nipple connects all in any configuration.  Pin locks make it harder to f'up mixing the Co2 and liquid line when drunk.  They are all interchangeable.   You can buy parts to convert a pin to ball later.  It's not important.  You have a short tube (above liquid) coming in to supply pressure.  You have a long tube to the bottom for liquid out.  When you clean all the tubes come out with O rings....you just have to put them back so you know where the short tube is for Co2 input and long lube for pressurized liquid output. 

So ...

It's pretty straightforward for me right now, in terms of "what's next" ...

I have to brew up some gallon batches to use up yeasts, and then do a big batch outside to break down into side by side yeasts for a stout batch, and a red-eye batch to break down for side by side dry hopping ...

Kind of boring compared to the pace I was learning before, but it is what it is ...

Not boring.  It will be cool to see how those splits go.  The thing that sucks is that you're bound to like one more than the other.  Then your like damn...I guess I'll drink the lesser one after I drink the good stuff lol.

I mean, that's like 20-25 gallons, so that'll do it for like spring/summer, lol ...

Two batches ...

I'll do measure and do water chem for 'em ...

I'll get started canning starters and prepare to ranch during the time, I guess ...

But ... won't be brewing as much, that's for sure!

It's okay, going to code up a website related to barrels ...

Back