beer =[ GM's 1st 16x Batches, and/or 10 mo. Brewing ]=

Seems like a slow moving hobby. Especially if you alone are expected to drink everything you brew. One thing I am learning through my pepper products(hot sauce, jelly, etc) is that while I enjoy tinkering and making it....I do not know what to do with it. I gladly give it to friends and family and they actually ask for more when they run out, but I still have more than enough. I see the parallels in brewing. I want to brew a stout, an ale, a lager, IPA, etc.....but I can probably brew it faster than I can drink it.

tctenten said:
Seems like a slow moving hobby. Especially if you alone are expected to drink everything you brew. One thing I am learning through my pepper products(hot sauce, jelly, etc) is that while I enjoy tinkering and making it....I do not know what to do with it. I gladly give it to friends and family and they actually ask for more when they run out, but I still have more than enough. I see the parallels in brewing. I want to brew a stout, an ale, a lager, IPA, etc.....but I can probably brew it faster than I can drink it.
I do a pretty damn good job of drinking it haha.

RocketMan said:
Working on a DIY BeerGun based on a design I saw.

Cool! I can't recall whether it was expensive or not at this point, but I know you like the build-process regardless ...

Once I get the minimum amount of work I need to get done, done today, I need to go into the brewery and inventory and weigh my grains ... so I can see what I can make this weekend!

I need to brew something, or a couple of things ... and I should have the time/space to do it, for the 1st time in some weeks ...

Danielle's just spent two full day's cleaning the kitchen earlier this week, though, so I'm going outside - for both of our well-being =)

I'll just use my 24qt system in the garage this time, and run the hose through the plate chiller and drain into the yard ... no biggie!

tctenten said:

Total opposite Thu of last weekend ...

Last weekend I knew I was fscked for the whole weekend ...

This weekend the jobs have gone "easy" and I'm going to be able to create lots of free space for activities this weekend ...

Pretty sure I'm going to brew once, and might even just go for twice - once AG, and once using extract + steeping grains ...

I ordered some fresh grains to come next week, which I plan to use over the holiday weekends coming at month's end ...

Going to be brew-city, pizza's, and maybe some Q ...

tctenten said:
nice plan...I saw you ordered Golden Promise.  Do you know what you are making with it yet?    That was one stars in Golden Mosaic which I liked.

no real plan yet =) ... i'll be working on it's use next week, since it's coming middle of next week (MoreSaver shipping) ...

definitely going to be brewing some more things to dry-hop, though ... loving the hoppy Citra beer, and expecting the same from the Galaxy and Falconer 7C ...

i have a grain-crushing attachment for the Kitchenaid mixer, so I ordered my specialty grains whole this time since 1 lb is multiple servings, and only ordered the base malts pre-milled ...

i just ... need to brew ...

Don't K own what thread but I saw fenugreek was going to be used. I think it was grant. Either a thread or email or text or Google chat or facebook or whatever dumb way you get in contact with me. BTW grant keep it simple. Just text me. I don't need 17 things popping up on my phone.

Anyways. Fenugreek in beer is a horrible horrible addition. Don't use it.

BOOM!

d442139ac55e330172f22c909fadfd9e.jpg

Not as limited for this weekend as I thought, after all!

I think that's 5# MO, 11# Pale, 3# Munich, and 10# Pilsner for BM's ...

A far cry from having only Pilsner, like I thought ...

97d06077f3798f18ee9f2213905f67ce.jpg

I have plenty of SG's, including some flaked rye, victory, special b, red x, carared, maize, and al, the roasty/toasty one's for stouts/porters etc ... hmmm ...

Maybe I'll brew the Fall Guy ...

Fall Guy
3 gallons at 55% efficiency

64 oz maris otter (35.3%)
64 oz pale malt (35.3%)
 8 oz melanoiden malt (4.4%)
 8 oz special b (4.4%)
 8 oz victory (4.4%)
 4 oz caraaroma (2.2%)
 4 oz blackprinz (2.2%)

Mash for ~13.5 Plato

1/4 oz 12.5% AA Galena Pellet Hops @60mins for 19 IBU

Whirfloc @15mins
Yeast Nutrients @15mins
Trader Joe's Pecan Pie Filling In A Jar @15mins (previously posted)

Consider Apple Pie Moonshine Spices (previously posted) in 2nd, or via vodka tincture from siphon.

arent victory and melanoidin the same thing?

yep i was right, victory, melanoidin, amber, aromatic, pretty much interchangeable

yeah, yeah ...

i think we established that the first time the recipe was being worked on =)

just unburying it, really ...

i am more interested in brewing a galaxy beer this weekend, and using up the pilsner malt and saison yeasts ... which are all many, many months old ...

couple more hours of work and then i can figure it all out ...

Wow ... another Amazon #fail ...

This time they sent Fennel Seed instead of Fenugreek ...

Since Wheebz gave it the 'no bueno' I just opted for the return/refund and didn't request a replacement ...

The rose hips didn't come yet, but I hope they get that part right, because I do want to check those out ...

Moar citrus ...

Back