beer =[ GM's 1st 16x Batches, and/or 10 mo. Brewing ]=

wheebz said:
You will never ever ever duplicate recipes from your coveted local breweries.

It's the opposite ... it's trying to get recipe's with integrity for the one's I can't get (to try) ...

RR Pliny (Elder AND Younger)
Deschutes Fresh Squeezed, Union Jack
3 Floyds Gumballhead
Deviant Dale's (I got to have one ... single ... can, and my sister lives 150 yards from them)

I have instant Pliny fever now ...

D3monic said:
Purple haze, is that any good? I see it at just about every store but for some reason I keep feeling like someone here said it was no bueno

The Abita or whatever, I didn't like years ago ...

I'm talking about making my own Purple Haze witbier, though ... that's going to be purple from dried ube ...
tctenten said:
Once I make some real beer I would love to share. I would just be concerned with transport. Really looking forward to tomorrow's 2 gallon brew. Grains are all measured and I think I am ready to go.

It's only semi-illicit if you elect to use USPS ... Fedex and UPS don't really seem to give a fuck ...

grantmichaels said:
The Abita or whatever, I didn't like years ago ...

I'm talking about making my own Purple Haze witbier, though ... that's going to be purple from dried ube ...

It's only semi-illicit if you elect to use USPS ... Fedex and UPS don't really seem to give a f**k ...
I wasn't even thinking about it legally....more of a breakage issue.

D3monic said:

It's okay ... they don't have it listed when you go to provide the consent ... so it's vague and nested in their TOS or whatever ...

I used it to send to FB, he used it the other direction ...

There's an argument to be made that UPS/FedexGround is a better choice, is all ...
tctenten said:
I wasn't even thinking about it legally....more of a breakage issue.

It's functionally the same as the hot sauce bottles, I think ...

They are bigger, but the glass is thicker correspondingly ...

I love Abita's Purple Haze in the spring/summer.

From what I've read don't use the USPS to send beer. I wrapped them up in bubble wrap and then put them in ziplocks, so if they do break they hopefully won't leak through the box and get pulled out.

I just said I was sending a bunch of hot sauce and jellies. You could always say your sending live yeast cultures lol.
grantmichaels said:

It's the opposite ... it's trying to get recipe's with integrity for the one's I can't get (to try) ...

RR Pliny (Elder AND Younger)
Deschutes Fresh Squeezed, Union Jack
3 Floyds Gumballhead
Deviant Dale's (I got to have one ... single ... can, and my sister lives 150 yards from them)

I have instant Pliny fever now ...
If love to try a Pliny but they don't have it around here.

Well we will see if it makes it to grant in one piece. I was a little worried to begin with because the bombers lid and bottom where touching the sides of the box because it was a tight fit. I didn't have any room to pad between. Sides are protected. Will see how soggy the box is when it shows up lol. 

bootleg bio order came this morning ...

d9dd4329cefba5249f7a3106f9de8417.jpg

looking forward to getting funky up in the spot ...

i found their glassware irresistible ...

a16537e95ef03687f83201b62fa7b029.jpg

:cheers:

Looks like there's a product out there that could be used to rescue a cloyingly sweet beer ...

http://www.hoptech.com/products/iso-alpha-extract-2-oz

It would appear that this could have been added to my Charliewine batch to salvage it ... perhaps even after carbonation, although the verbiage wasn't clear about that detail.

The upside would be having gallons of beer I worked hard for, and which cost a fair amount (13% all-MO barleywine used a lot of supplies, if I recall) ...

The downside, it might not taste good, and the Isohop is only good for a few months, and is fairly expensive relative to the cost of ingredients ...

Had I know about it, though, I would have used it ...

Well ... didn't see this one coming =(

db32dd098e77d46ad8ac72a07020892e.jpg

Carbonated end of the Darkness Everybody stout ...

4a3fa82b0b8da9279c5062473205b66d.jpg

And ... in a matter of a moment or two ...

4eca738245f2f47ccc90234698aa8a72.jpg

Chocolate and two big stouts == heaven!

Good thing I only had bean burgers and a salad yesterday ...

burp!

79435cb8f386cd07cb487b61fc975e81.jpg

Goodbye, D.E. stout ... you were delicioso ...

Back