beer =[ GM's 1st 16x Batches, and/or 10 mo. Brewing ]=

If I have to order that kind of take-out, which happens when time gets away from me, I like the hot sandwich thing from Dominoes ...

I like the Italian one ... D likes the Philly one ...

If it's really late, then I have to go Five Star ... they deliver until 4AM ...

... and if I miss it, then there's only Munchies, and they're open until 4:20, naturally ...

Ohh my. No local pizza delivery joints? I guess a difference in where we live. The Papa Johns actually closed down here. ... But there are probably 10 pizza joints in town that deliver.

tctenten said:
Ohh my. No local pizza delivery joints? I guess a difference in where we live. The Papa Johns actually closed down here. ... But there are probably 10 pizza joints in town that deliver.

Well, there's Solorzano Brothers ... they're from your neck of the woods, lol ... I like them, too ...

But there's not a zillion that deliver ...

There are, however, lots of brick oven places in town, they just don't deliver ...

Pookie has it the best. He is in the pizza mecca as far as I am concerned. At least it was the pizza mecca... Haven't been there in a long time.

I am fortunate that both brick oven places, coal fired and just regular pizza places all deliver. Not late night.., but regular hours.

The only other place that delivers by me is Marianos and their pizza sucks. Tastes like cardboard and you end up paying $40 for it. 

In Nebraska we had Da vincies. Their pizza sucked but they had amazing philly cheese steaks. When we was high as fck we would order them with "the works" onion, mush, green pepper and I'd add jalapenos and pepperoni .... OMG

Pookie has it best for every category of food ...

All day and night, everything ...

Amazing multi-layered forms of delivery, both native and 3rd party ...

Just ... everything ...

I'd imagine PIC1/SF/bierz have it pretty good, and then like hogleg/SavinaRed out there in wine country w/ access to SF, and then maybe the Austin, PNW, and New Orleans folks ... and then NJ/Virginia/Delaware, and then Colorado and Miami and a zillion other places, probably including FB by this point ...

grantmichaels said:
Pookie has it best for every category of food ...

All day and night, everything ...

Amazing multi-layered forms of delivery, both native and 3rd party ...

Just ... everything ...
Yes. But especially pizza. In my opinion Brooklyn is...or was just the place for the best pizza. Queens is probably right there too.

Munchies is so horrible. It's like all the food is really shitty but they just toss it all together on one sub anyways because they know you are drunk/baked and don't give a shit

Eat it sober and ohh god its nasty

wheebz said:
Munchies is so horrible. It's like all the food is really shitty but they just toss it all together on one sub anyways because they know you are drunk/baked and don't give a shit

Eat it sober and ohh god its nasty

there's one single thing to get there, and it's always been good ... the chicken philly ... everything else is lame as fuck ...

like ... contrived stoner food ... like what a non-stoner would imagine a stoner would want ...
basically, i don't order from munches unless i literally have to order food between 4AM and 4:20AM ... so, that's rare, but not impossible ... working from home and all ...

I love the oyster bar across the street though. That was the first bar I was ever at in Sarasota and they would hook me up with a dozen monkafellers when I walked in every once in a while

i mostly rock the il panificio, it's really close by and the downtown one is quite accessible ...

wheebz said:
I love the oyster bar across the street though. That was the first bar I was ever at in Sarasota and they would hook me up with a dozen monkafellers when I walked in every once in a while

exactly ... monk's ... coolest bar, where i go ... play pool, hockey's usually on ... the oyster monkfella ... fuck yes ...

If you ever go to beerys tell Chris ferro Jared the old brewer from Darwins tells him to shave the animal off of his face and get a real job
Troegs perpetual IPA for me tonight.

Nice ... how's the beer? ...

I want to homebrew an ESB ... reads like a style I should like, and perhaps Red Hook is just a shit example these days ...

I don't think you can buy Fuller's version here, but it might be on tap somewhere ... like, maybe Shakespeare's or WOB ... hmmm ...

I feel like an ESB could be another style that I might enjoy, that I just have to discover via homebrew ...
wheebz said:
If you ever go to beerys tell Chris ferro Jared the old brewer from Darwins tells him to shave the animal off of his face and get a real job

I've not had anything from Troegs, but I've heard good things more than once ...

I've never been to Beery's, actually ... I'm so close to Shakespeare's, and next time I do venture out for beer, I'd probably check out Shamrock on your rec ... especially since I know I can login and check the tap handles ...

I'm likely to go there and watch some soccer and get hammered during the day during the next world cup ... planning to Uber for that, being right near the popo and all ...
wheebz said:

I wanted to go to Vierge Day up at Saint Somewhere tomorrow, but I have too much work to brew and go to Vierge Day Sat. and brew again on Sunday ...

I wanted to brew 3x times this week (9 gals) and run 'em through the freezer in a grouping, so their all out of there in 6-8 weeks, when I plan to brew the 1st big batch ...

I have a bunch of tangential shit to learn before then ... canned starters, harvesting/ranching/cellcounting, water chemistry adjustments, counter-pressure transfers, and bottling via BG ...

It'll probably take me 6-8 weeks to get all of those things up to speed, honestly, so it's all good ...

About to up my game a little bit for the beginning of next year ... alongside improving my pizza game ...

Good times ...

Jesus ...
0462f8da5051b6958b7834df8ea4d6b9.jpg

It was like 24 hr ferm ...

1.018 = 4.6P ...

21.25 -> 4.6 = 9.25% ABV at like 78% attn
20.00 -> 4.6 = 8.5% at 77% attn

I threw in an oz of Galaxy pellets and I'll let it sit for two days at 67F, then I'll pour it into a 3 gal keg on another oz Galaxy and plug it into the keezer at 12 psi w/ a Clear Beer, and drink it after a week or so ...

Off the second dry-hops, but without the yeast or first batch of dry-hops ...

Crazy ferm ...

Troegs is always good

if i see it, i'll def grab some ...

Back