beer =[ GM's 1st 16x Batches, and/or 10 mo. Brewing ]=

Pizza and beer….focusing on what counts.   

Right?

Well, been exercising (walking) and eating veggie burgers and cabbage soup otherwise, but yeah!
It's eerie how little natural co2 there is in solution, or in the keg, but it's beer ...
Yakima Valley Hops order ...

1x HopShot Extracts (10mL)
2x GR Saphir (2oz) - 2014 CROP
2x NZ Nelson Sauvin (2oz) - 2015 CROP!
2x Fermentis Safale S-04 Dry Ale Yeast 11.5 Grams
2x Mangrove Jack's Dried Yeast British Ale M07 - 10g
6x HopShot Extracts (3mL)
1x Armadillo Experimental Leaf (8oz) - 2015 CROP
2x Summit™ (2oz) - 2015 CROP!
2x Nuggetzilla (2oz) - 2015 CROP!

some indie hops for the indie yeasts, merry christmas to me ;)

That seems like a shit-ton of grain for 3 gallons. Wow!

This one's the 2nd in the experimental series that I started w/ the Bhut Subduction beer, certainly, and a test of mashing in series to get a 17 lb grain bill into three gallons of beer, hopefully without overloading the kettle for mashing each half of the total grist in series ...

Should be able to stir and handle it much better with only 8.5 lbs of grist in the basket at any time ...

It's a monster though, fo shizzle ...

I actually made another recipe last night, the 3rd in the same series - Get The Fuck Stout! ...

LOL.

Enjoying the journey, you know, not having a TTB to deal with, and being able to get whatever experimental hops sound fun, and just doing whatever the fuck I want while the batch size is real small still ...

The cost of ingredients is a little different story - and much more significant - for twelve gallons ...

wheebz said:
im gonna brew bourbon county as one of the first beers I do just to do it

I have the recipe from Goose Island directly, I just never made it

true that ... in know you were right there on their block etc ...

it's still a pretty great beer this year ...

the mouth-feel is down a bit this year, but the taste is still there ... beautiful beer ...
Ozzy2001 said:
Yum....you have their Barleywine recipe? I liked that more than the stout.

just this year, though ... the previous years BCBS was the wiener ...

i have to say, the barleywine is brilliant this year ... better than the base stout ...

i bet the coffee, rye, and rare are delicious ...
wheebz said:

nice sig :cheers:

Ozzy2001 said:
Yeah, I'd really like to try the coffee.

i like it when the beer has coffee notes from the grains, a lot more than when there's actually coffee in the process ...

i love coffee, and i really know a lot about coffee, but i haven't bothered to mix it into my beer brewing ...

and like ... i don't really l like Founders Breakfast Stout, truth be told ... was disappointed in that one ...

that Two Brothers Red-Eye Coffee Porter is brilliant, though ... in fact, I'm going to put one in the fridge, now =)

wheebz said:

Woohoo...looks like a good reason to take a road trip.  My timing was terrible as a couple of places I buy my beer at sold out very quickly.  I need to figure how to get on their secret sitchy list when beers come in. 

wheebz said:

You going to do a pre-paid bottle program a la The Bruery / Rare Barrel etc? ...
Ozzy2001 said:
I love the Founders Breakfast stout. Actually I need to pick up another pack of them before its out for the season.

It's okay, but I was let down ... I got myself over-hyped to try it ...

Ozzy2001 said:
It's okay if you don't like it ;). Fortunately, there are many beers for different tastes.

I like it, I just don't love it ...

I had been reading clone recipes for a while before I got my hands on it, and from the text descriptions I became somewhat incensed by it in my mind ...

It just didn't live up to the surreal ideal I constructed, is all, no fault to the beer ...

It's still got a row in my cabinet, but I'd exchange them for Two Brothers Red-Eye Coffee Porter at 2-for-1 =) ...

Internet is shoddy in the stormy weather and it's making working inefficient, so I just quit that shit until tomorrow ...

Time to clean and sanitize my rig ...

This is going to be a fun one, later, and by that I mean, a real PITA I'm sure ...

Back