• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Going to try 1/2 a Fatali.......maybe?

POTAWIE said:
I've seen the fatalii rated as high as 500 000 SHU, but I think somewhere around 300 000 is probably where I'd place them.

I know I'm not telling any of you, anything you don't already know, but when talking SHU's it varies greatly from fruit to fruit depending on SO many variables!
In the ground
in a pot
early season
late season......

No matter who you are.... they are yummy and hot! :)

There are many, many different varieties of orange hab, most are likely around 200- 250000SHU, and of course SHU varies widely, even on the same plant

Let me go ahead and warn about jumping into a superhot. I jumped from eating oranger habs, like just taking bites out of them with my dinner and such. I tried about a 1/4 of a Trinidad Scorpion and WHOA!! Its on a completely different level than habs, completely different.

Well my buddy who ate the other half of the fatali and hadn't really eaten hot peppers until I brought some too him wants to eat a whole fatali then a few hours later a 1/3 naga tonight. My limit was 1/2 the fatali and I'm quite used to hot stuff. I think this guy is insane. I worked him up from tiny pieces a naga to whole thais, peruvian white habs then half the fatali. I'm shocked that he wants to continue........another chile head is born.

Well I brought a paper lantren hab instead of the fatali and a naga. He ate the paper lantren hab straight off. Hardly a reaction. Two hours later he said he was ready for the Naga. I cut off half for him. Not lenghwise, width wise so he didn't have much placenta. He popped it in and was noticably more uncomftable but still didn't say much. After about five minutes he said" cut the rest lengthwise and give it to me so I did. Now with the placenta he was hurting a bit but still, he did it. He only drank after ten minutes to ease his stomach. Tomorrow night he said he's doing a whole one so I'm going to video it. This guy is amazing for someone who never ate hot stuff before.:shocked:

Some people have a high immunity to it, might also be the case if he's on some kind of a neruo drug. I'm actually kinda curious if people on antidepressants or other brain-altering prescription drugs would feel it differently?

QuadShotz said:
Some people have a high immunity to it, might also be the case if he's on some kind of a neruo drug. I'm actually kinda curious if people on antidepressants or other brain-altering prescription drugs would feel it differently?

Never thought of that....but you might be right.

From what I understand, the pain pathways are different than the brain pathways for depression... different neurotransmitters and whatnot.

smariotti said:
From what I understand, the pain pathways are different than the brain pathways for depression... different neurotransmitters and whatnot.

The nervous system is one giant network that is interconnected. For example, certain antidepressants are used for treating nerve pain.

At Least with my fatlii's i have eaten, they seem to have a very nice flavor which is very noticeable compared to other hot where all you get is burn, but the Fatalii was lacking a little in the heat department(at least mine did they were fairly hotter than an orange hab(but much better in many ways) Have not eaten a 7pod or scorpion or jolokia yet which i'm assuming is and hoping is a big jump from the fatalii. they still kick my !?# a whole orange hab will ick my A as well. different flavor and different burns which makes it fun. no hot pepper seems to be the same:)grats on eating first fatalii!

Here's the video of him trying a whole Naga Morich after only a month and 7 peppers to work him up to it. Don't mind some of the stupid comments, we were at Tim Hortons when we did this and a crowd had gathered once the word spread. stay tuned for the yellow 7 pod and trinidad scorpion this weekend.

Noshownate said:
haha looks like his face is starting to ripen towards the end

I know, his eyes were bloodshot just after he ate it too. I ran out of space but after the heat died he had the chills and was shaking uncontrolably. He's a trooper because he wants more.

ITS THE INSTANT CRISP BURN THAT KICKS MY ASS AS WELL... FATALI'S ARE OK, BUT I PREFER SO MANY OTHER PEPPERS... IT HAS A GREAT, STRONG CITRUS/FRUITY TASTE, ITS ALSO VERY AROMATIC WHICH I DONT LIKE.... I PREFER THE NAGA HABBISH TASTE IN MY MOUTH... :)

AM I ON THE RIGHT THREAD HERE ?

I love the Fatali flavor, I've had a whole one just once to try and often cut them up to mix into food, but they tear up my stomach. I've had all sorts of habaneros that don't cause any stomach problems, but Fatalis always lead to pain later.

Back