• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Good general use hotsauce wanted

yup the postage is hurting us all. You'd think in this day of open market etc...there'd be e decent set-up already.
Hoping there'll be enough THP members one day to run our own little discount distro network.

Heya Bent,

If you have Paypal set up, I can send you a few bucks to help defray the cost of sending us those bottles...if you've mailed them off. Send a PM and let me know.

- Joe

Cap said:
Use the USPS International shipping calculator to find the exact cost of shipping. Here is the USPS calculated cost for a 1lb or less package from my location in the US to the Netherlands.

http://postcalc.usps.gov/IntlMailServices.aspx?Country=10298&M=2&P=1&O=0&sd=1
[/quote]

From my experience with receiving stuff from the US, I know that the shipping calculator is often quite a bit off. I don't know if those issues have been fixed yet, but in the past I've had a friend from the US (west virginia) mail stuff to me, on multiple occasions the calculator gave quotes for $50+ shipping, but when he got to the post office, shipping was less than $20.
Like I said, I don't know if those issues with the shipping calculator have been fixed yet, and it's not that i don't appreciate your offer. But I get the feeling that you are not taking my advice seriously, even though I'm just telling you about my experiences, trying to help you out in reducing shipping cost, so there will be a lower threshold for intl. customers to order your products...

My bottle of Woody's Reserve came in today :D

just had a first little taste, I love it!!! Thanks Woody!!

This sauce is absolutely fantastic on extra matured Gouda cheese :)

Coop said:
My bottle of Woody's Reserve came in today :D

just had a first little taste, I love it!!! Thanks Woody!!

This sauce is absolutely fantastic on extra matured Gouda cheese :)
=============================
Hmmm...an interesting combination...

walnut said:
Blair's Salsa de la Muerte...is a great general sauce IMO
===========================
Good sauce. Very garlicky.....your girlfriend may not approve.

But it is a good sauce. I save it for when I'm back in my dorm (I go home to the wife and kids every weekend)

Glad you liked it coop, it might be worth trying a few others to see where it rates, but for heat and flavour you can't go far wrong :)

Well, I had my Woody's Reserve for a while now and this stuff is nothing short of magic... It actually made the free frozen meals I get at work when I'm on the late shift edible! And I assure you, those are bad... One of the meals we sometimes get, 'chicken by grandmas recipe with baked potatoes' has all the guys in my department wondering if the people who make these meals actually know what a chicken is, and that it's not something that grows on trees...

Coop said:
One of the meals we sometimes get, 'chicken by grandmas recipe with baked potatoes' has all the guys in my department wondering if the people who make these meals actually know what a chicken is, and that it's not something that grows on trees...

:lol: I bet its a misprint on the label...its actually made out of grandmas by chickens!

bentalphanerd said:
:lol: I bet its a misprint on the label...its actually made out of grandmas by chickens!

That still doesn't explain the lack of meat ;)

I do have a few more sauces on my wishlist, but I'm moving to a new house in a couple of weeks, so I won't be ordering any stuff until I'm living in my new place. Just to make sure there won't be any mix ups with packages...

But to stay on the subject of chicken, I made a nice and simple but quite tasty meal today, in which the woody's reserve was used:

Serves 2-3 persons:

Ingredients:
1 large onion
400 gram of green beans
2 chicken breasts
2 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons of currypaste
150ml of coconut milk
Salt, pepper & woody's reserve to taste
3 tablespoons of sunflower oil
Naan bread

How to prepare:
- Boil the beans for a few minutes, until they're the way you like them
- Chop the onion & garlic, stirfry them in the oil for a minute
- Cut chicken in cubes add salt and pepper, add to the onion and stirfry until the chicken starts to turn light brown
- pour the liquid off the beans, add them to the chicken & onion
- add the currypaste, stirfry for another minute
- add the coconut milk, let it simmer for a couple of minutes and occasionally stir
- add Woody's reserve to taste

Serve with warm Naan Bread.

I know, it's going to be hard... But I have a little stock of 'not too spectacular but still edible sauces' to help me through.... Would be good to finish some of those off, less crap to move to the new house :P

Thanks! I'll be glad when I move, because then my 110km (one way) daily commute will be reduced to a 8.5km (one way) daily commute. So I will have more time to play around in my new (and very nice) kitchen... Maybe I'll even try cooking my own tearg.. eh... hotsauce. :P At least I'll have a decent sized garden there, so finally a place to grow my own peppers.

Sounds awesome, I'm happy for you!
BTW 110km one way?! HOLY CRAP!!! I'm not sure how to say it, but here it's a long way (guess I just did).
I'm pretty sure that the longest distance between two points in Israel is no more than 1,000km. and it's a narrow country.
Going 110km is insane.

Well, the Netherlands is 195km wide at the broadest point. (and only 310km north to south), but next week all of that insane commuting will be over! in 3 days, I will receive the keys to my new house, 8.5km from my work, so from then on, I'll be doing my daily commute on my Challenge Hussicane Sport USS recumbent bike...
Only one problem.... where am I going to put my mug of steaming hot Chai on my bike??

Coop said:
Well, the Netherlands is 195km wide at the broadest point. (and only 310km north to south), but next week all of that insane commuting will be over! in 3 days, I will receive the keys to my new house, 8.5km from my work, so from then on, I'll be doing my daily commute on my Challenge Hussicane Sport USS recumbent bike...
Only one problem.... where am I going to put my mug of steaming hot Chai on my bike??

Get a storage box like some of those deliverymen.
BTW the Netherlands is still twice the size of Israel.

helmet.gif

coffee in one side - hot sauce in the other.

Back