• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning friends. No work yesterday,just a bike ride. Had to take wife to urgent care last night because of tooth pain. Of course she couldn't get any pain pills because all the junkies ruined that for people that really could use some. Did get a antibiotic. She is going to be in pain until Tuesday when she can get to the dentist, holiday weekend has office closed on Monday. I'm going to go on some kind of ride and do a few chores and chill today. Have a positive day and bless up.

Good morning everyone. Hot day yesterday, so much that's it's a new record - 97F. We spent most of Saturday buying a new car that hubby's been eyeing for a year or so. It's his car so my vote counted only on color interior.

The tomatoes are finally starting to ripen, peppers are doing OK, but only a few are ripe. Busy day planned at the CG with weeding, deadheading flowers, etc. A friend says she hears the locusts (what locusts?) have been singing and they predict a freeze in 2 weeks. You can tell she's not a gardener!

Have a great day and keep your friends happy! Healing thoughts for Sic's wife. Pain is definitely a 4-letter word.

Good morning all :)
Busy weekend, lots of pets, one of our part time drivers is on vacation, Busy busy like the bees  :party:  (this is a good thing)
going to get some yardwork done today, and try to get some pics of the peppers for a long overdue Glog update 

@Sicman
Clove oil put on a small piece of cotton and rubbed into the gums around the affected tooth may provide a temporary reduction in the pain until she can get to see a dentist. That or Orajel maybe ?  Should be able to find both by the toothbrushes at your local drugstore.
Tooth pain SUCKS  :mope:

hope everyone has a wonderful day
stay safe, have fun, and S.M.I.L.E. :D

Good hazy morning everyone. Smoke from Mntana's wildfires is here, so we're advised to stay indoors. It should be a cooler day, and so much easier to work outside.

Sic, you have one tough lady. Sorry she has to endure that pain. Now we know garlic has another use.

Enjoy your coffee and stay safe. It's a beautiful day even without the sunshine.

Good morning all :)

Sunny and 55F / 13C this morning with a high of 62F /17C  predicted for this afternoon
going to pick and ship some peppers this morning  :dance:  then take it easy the rest of the day
I'm thinkin fish tacos for lunch :drooling:  but we'll see. 

Hope everyone has a wonderful day
don't forget to S.M.I.L.E. :D

Been up all night watching Irma tear through the northern Leeward Islands.  Passing over Antigua a few hours ago, the storm sustained 180MPH winds, with gusts over 200 - well into the realm of an EF-5 tornado (the sort that reduces buildings to small chunks of debris.)  It's clobbering Anguilla and St. Martin now.  The storm's strength hasn't been measured in a few hours, but it doesn't look to have weakened.  (A Hurricane Hunter aircraft is also entering the storm just now, and we should soon have some good wind speed data.)  I don't want to succumb to the hype, but with ~100K people on the two islands, I fear thousands may die.   :(   

Edit - the latest aircraft recon shows a very slight weakening, but the storm is still pushing 175~180MPH sustained.  (Gusts presumed to be near 200.)  Both Anguilla and St. Martin took a direct hit immediately before the plane arrived.  

Edit #2  First videos arriving.  No total destruction, but plenty of serious damage.  I guess the actual surface winds were quite a bit weaker than I thought they would be.  Still gotta think there must be places on the island that took the full force of the storm and are pretty much wiped out.

Good morning everyone. Sic - glad to hear your wife's tooth is fine for now. Re: Irma - I'm fearful for you folks in Florida. Hopefully the storm will lost its ferocity when it hits land.

We have a bushel of Anaheims to process today. Never done so many! I'll be in the kitchen all day though I'd rather be outside.

Have a great day and share the wonders of the day with everyone. Stay safe.

Back