• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning all  :)

catherinew said:
Good morning everyone. Mpicantes heat has headed our way for a few days. Love the summer!

GIP - 100 pepper plants are quite impressive! Any new-to-you varieties? I am trying a few ornamentals that I hope will be sweet and tangy. We shall see.

Hope your Thursday is an enjoyable day. Keep friends and family close.
Jane i have to many pepper plants again this year  :crazy:
i keep telling myself i will grow less, but then there are so many new to me varieties that i just gotta try  :lol:
then there's all the neat crosses too

also...
qSnOzBm.jpg
i've got garlic scapes  :party:

the wife thinks they are delicious, and was eating some while out in the yard  :lol:
i think they would go good diced up like chives and added to a salad or on top of a bowl of soup, but just chewing on it by itself was a bit much for me  :lol:
:think:  might also be good dehydrated, then crushed and added to dip or something
how do you prefer to use your garlic scapes ?

hope everyone has a fantastic Friday
S.M.I.L.E. :D and be excellent to each other 

the wife thinks they are delicious, and was eating some while out in the yard  :lol:
i think they would go good diced up like chives and added to a salad or on top of a bowl of soup, but just chewing on it by itself was a bit much for me  :lol:
:think:  might also be good dehydrated, then crushed and added to dip or something
how do you prefer to use your garlic scapes ?

I love it!!! Your scapes are just gorgeous. I'm afraid I am like your wife, eating a few right off the stalk though some get to be a bit hot! We usually cut them into inch sized pieces and freeze them for adding to the winter soups. I suppose you could dehydrate them for dips, etc. but we do that to the regular cloves of garlic. Sometimes the scapes can be really hot . . . and delicious :P .

I just cut my last-formed scapes this AM so I'm planning on digging them up in about 2 weeks. I look for the bottom half of the plant to be dead before I dig one up to check. I dug up some of last spring's overwinter elephant garlic that was close to being ready. If you planted any of these, look for the 'babies' attached to the head of the garlic. If you plant them, it will be about 2 years for maturity.

Back