• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

I'm back. BM in hand. Ready to catch up on some reviews. I made a giant one to catch up AJ. Your naga morich puree, my fatalii vodka and all the fixins including homemade habanero pickle.

way cool JayT....hey, by the way...who is that old codger in your Avatar?.... :rofl:

Good Mornin. You two are making me thirsty... Today will be a short day, finish setting the tile on the floor/ base in the Master Bathroom, then home, then drink for two days!!!!

mornin' to you scovie, then you can "catch up" with JayT and I....I wanna see your avatar sideways this evening...

getting the germinator cranked up for this season...checking all circuits, systems, and letting it stabilize to 84F

Nice. I need to get my stuff together too. I am planning on starting this weekend. AJ did you grow Rocotos last/this year?

yup...grew two plants and they got hammered by the first killing frost...had a couple of green pods on them too that froze solid so no Rocoto for me...

I seriously don't think I have ever had a Rocoto. I don't even know what they taste like. Seems everyone is all wound up about them though. What's the fuss? Are they that good? What's the heat like?

to me a rocoto has a slow building burn about hab level and effects the sides of the palate about mid way back...that is part of the burn I am trying to add to my arsenal...taste...OK I reckon but can't hold a candle to a 7 pot IMO

nope...some are red...I think

Geeme said she is going to send me seeds. I want to try to grow some. I hate that I haven't had one yet.

you can probably grow them good up there...our summer is just too hot and by the time they set fruit in the fall, it is too late for me...I think some of the Texas growers fruther south of me grow them and get pretty good production out of them but I just don't remember...

excellent...I would really like that...thanks man..

Good Mornin' to you guys! Just wanted to wish you a Fantabulous Day!!! You seem to be starting it out perfectly!!! (so jealous over here!)

Scov & I are gonna go rock out some tile, then roll up early to come home & PLAY!!! I have a clean kitchen and new box o' wine waiting for me!!! heh, heh...trouble is waiting patiently...

Hey, have either of you ever had "volunteer" pepper plants come up? I've gotten volunteer toms before, so I'm curious if peppers can do the same thing...

Ta for now...be good...but not too good!!! ;)

Good morning CJ. I personally have never had any volunteers. I think that normally occurs in the warmer climates. Go get that tile done and get yourselves back here. We'll be waiting. I have switched to beer and am about to make a Philly cheesesteak for lunch.

roflmao @ myself.....I get confused when I see my picture on JayTs messages...

one more bloody mary and this time I am gonna make a Scorpion AND 7 Pot puree one...lawwwwwwddddd have merrrcccy.....

am gonna start a new thread in the growing section in a little while...since I have gone back to hobby growing, I will probably follow my whole season on this thread...I forgot how much fun this used to be....the days of starting thousands of seeds are over...I may reach 1000 this season...thats for ~300 plants and a few to sale/give away...

@CJ....yup...volunteers happen with me...but that is because I reuse my potting soil from last year and the year before...it, of course, has been "augmeted".... my grandmother used to have volunteer pepper plants come up in here cayenne and some other pepper she called "her little bullets"...she would take them and plant them in the garden in rows...but that was only 40 miles inland from the gulf down in Mississippi...

Back