• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. 30*F right now, warming to 60. We made 12 pints of applesauce and 2 apple crisp desserts yesterday so they should be set for awhile. Nothing planned today but there’s still outside stuff to get ready for the cold temps coming this weekend. I see most of the leaves have fallen in the last few days, so we can gather those and shred for next spring’s mulch.

I hope you all have a wonderful day. Stay healthy and wear those masks.

Good morning.  It's 37 on its way to 40.  Snow tonight and tomorrow morning.  I've got a few hours of office work to do this morning.  Hopefully the wife will cut my hair sometime today.  We've also got a few outdoor chores to complete before the snow comes.  Chiefs game later this afternoon.  Today is pot roast day with carrots, potatoes and onions from the garden.  Be safe and be good.  

Good morning. Snow most of the day and really cold. Happy birthday to Mrs. Harry. It looks like an inside day with Netflix and maybe more gathering of stuff going to ARC. We raked and shredded leaves yesterday, the rest will probably fall soon because of the cold. Have a wonderful day and stay healthy.

Good morning.  It's 30 and snowing.  The temp will continue to drop on its way to 27.  Busy work schedule today.  We did get a bulk of the outdoor chores completed yesterday.  We got all of the hoses in and put away most everything from the decks and patio.  We still need to rake out all of the pepper pods and debris from the raised beds and haul that to the burn pile.  I think we'll do that next weekend when it's forecasted to be warmer.  Not sure what else we've got going on today.  Be safe and be good.  

Good morning. It’s 7*F with snow, stopping some time this AM. Big, brave cat was wanting to go outside to see the birds. She walked outside into the snow and stopped. We will try again today. Monday errands are planned, but they may wait until tomorrow. I hope your day goes well. Take some time for yourself and stay safe.

Good morning.  It's 28 on its way to 36.  Rain/snow mix in progress. Extremely busy meeting schedule today with three Program Reviews on the schedule.  Not sure what my wife has going on today or what else we have going on later.  Be safe and be good.  

Good morning. We did our Monday errands and more yesterday, seeing the many snowplows in action. We delivered a few meals to a dear friend I haven’t seen since the Covid started. He has a person staying to cook, etc., so it was good to see him in person. Birthday dinner with the kids tonight, and looking for new tires for hubby’s car. It’s 18*F but should rise above freezing. Have a wonderful day and stay safe.

Good morning. It's 31 on its way to 43 with rain this evening and overnight. By the weekend it should be in the high 50s.  Another very busy office day.  Kansas on Monday reported record highs for its seven-day rolling averages of new COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations, and the Gov said she was considering calling the Legislature into a special session to impose a statewide mask mandate.  We're still staying home but will have to make a store run to pick up a few things later in the week. It looks like we'll have the grandkids this weekend.  My wife is going to do garden cleanup today.  Be safe and be good.  

Godd morning chiliheads. It's already 79 degrees here in Louisiana. We are expecting another hurricane to hit our coast. This one will bring some wind and a little bit of rain my way but nothing too terrible. Looking forward to the cold front that will come through when it is all said and done. Looking ahead to high temperatures in the sixties within the next few days. I'm pretty excited about that. I hope you all have a great day

Good morning. Need to go to lowes and get some crap and a price on a couple things for a potential customer. pressure wash the mower and vehicles also. Need to replace a brake pad and un bend a rotor on my road bike,hopefully today. Be awesome,bless up and have a great day.

Good morning. Our birthday dinner with family was excellent. Great Mexican food and we were the only people dining in the restaurant. It was nice to see them and talk about happenings. After dinner our son and wife came to the house and picked up extra produce. Then they gathered all the cat stuff and took her home. We had the cat for over 7 months, but it’s nice that she’s home with their dogs. Now starts cat withdrawal. Have a wonderful day and stay safe. Wear those masks.

wife is headed to Fort Myers for the day to visit her father. I need to pick up several things for a job tomorrow and hopefully pay for some sod. waiting on the local company to get it cut. Bike ride after a egg and cheese omelet. Have a wonderful day and good morning.

Good morning.  It's 39 on its way to 45 and raining.  I'm totally slammed at work today.  Makes me wonder why I would ever consider going part time at year end.  Maybe I should just be done with it.  My wife is going to visit her Mom in the assisted living facility sometime today.  It's about 20 miles from here.  I guess it's a visit.  They're all masked up and sit at a table at least 15' apart and can chat for 15 minutes.  Not sure what else is going on.  Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It’s warming up temperature wise, but there’s still snow on the ground that should be gone by the weekend. We have a few errands to run and maybe a walk at the mall. I’d rather be outside. I hope your day goes well. Stay safe and wear those masks.

Good morning.  It's 27 on its way to 61.  Heat wave!  Only 2 major meetings this morning.  It looks like I'll be able to shutdown by early afternoon.  Both grandkids will be here for the weekend.  Tonight is homemade pizza night.  The kids love it.  I'll have some adult beverages later on.  The weekend WX looks nice.  I think we'll get the final garden cleanup completed.  Its been almost 2 weeks since the last time I left the property!  I think my wife goes somewhere every day.  Be safe and be good. 

Went to pick up sod and dude sold my pallet. He promised me that the truck is in the field cutting and he would have it at 930. Mowing a lawn then going to pick up sod. Probably end up at the shop later. have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. Happy Friday. We walked the mall yesterday and saw many empty Store spaces, but we did visit a new store selling hot pepper products, from salsa to powders to jellies. He said their base of operation is in TN near Knoxville. Hopefully they will stay in spite of the Covid restrictions. I did buy 2 prs. of shoes for hubby’s birthday gift. The weather looks promising for a warmer week ahead, with low temps in the 30’s. With snow in the shady parts of the yard, we’re still waiting for the rest of the cleanup.

Enjoy your day, be smart and stay healthy.

Back