• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's 4 (-16c) on it's way to 15 (-9c) and windy. -20 (-29c) wind chill. Snow covered. It's looks like a good day to stay indoors. Not much going on today. Watching a little football. Pasta for lunch. Going to do some work in the fishing room later on. Catherine .... I hope you're doing ok. Be safe, stay warm and be good.

Good morning. Get better and hurry home Catherine. It's overcast and 55F, on it's way to 62F. Might have to grill something with this weather, but it would have to be today. First snowfall of the year forecast for tonight. 1-4 inches. Have a few errands to run this morning, then watch the WFT visit host their buddies, the Dallas Cowboys other buddies, the Philadelphia Eagles. Have a great day everyone!

Last edited:
30 mph winds and going to hit 40 over night. Need to fix my chainsaw this morning then we have a job. Im not positive Im not going to put it off until tomorrow? We shall see. Not much of anything else going on , even the rest of the week. Yall be good have a terrific day and good morning.

Good morning. It's 13 (-11c) on its way to 36 (2c). This is my last day of vacation. Back to work tomorrow. Taking it easy today. Working on seeds for awhile. Doing some laundry and cleaning. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. I am finally home and in a comfortable place, without being bothered once every hour. Not 100% yet, but I’m on the mend. Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. They really helped and warmed my heart. No plans for today, though I may peruse a few seed catalogs.
Enjoy your day and share your blessings.

Well, there's some great news Catherine! Rest and take er easy. Currently 31F on it's way to 34F. Recieved 4-5" of snow overnight. Sure is pretty when it falls, especially if you don't have to go out in it. 14F forecast for tonight. Have one of my fermented hot sauces in process - will finish it today. Might start thinking about seeds soon. Contemplating making a pot of chili - might happen this afternoon. Have a great day everyone!

Good morning. It's 30 (-1c) on its way to 47 (8c). It should be cloudy and windy but not bad. Yesterday, I worked on tomato seeds. I think I've put together a super grow list for 2022 .... even though I'm several months away from starting. Back to work today. Moderately busy work schedule. Not much else is going on. Be safe and be good.

Didnt put job off yesterday, its done. Cleared a large spot out so dude can see the lake from his "porch" looks really good. Have to get some dirt for gardens today and do some chores in the barn. Need to swing by the bike shop also if I have time. So happy to hear Catherine is home! take it easy and get all better. Yall be good and have a great day, good morning.

Good Morning. Starting out sunny and chilly at 15F this AM, on it's way to 40F. Routine doctor's appointments on the agenda today - one for the new kitty and one for the BIL. Neither of them drive 🙂. Bottled one fermented sauce yesterday, still one more in process. Hopefully will bottle it this afternoon. Didn't get to making the chili yet - maybe today. Be safe and have a marvelous day!

Good morning. Another day in paradise, electric blanket and all. Very windy, hopefully bringing snow tomorrow. I’ve been trying to choose tomatoes and peppers, but so far everything is on hold. It will be a late start for sure.
Have a wonderful day and stay healthy.

Got a bunch done yesterday around the property. Going to bike to the Green Swamp to check hunting dates then stop at bike shop on my way home. Maybe a couple chores afterwards? Relax this evening as the next two days are pretty busy. Yall be good be patient be kind and have a great day. rest strong Catherine!! Good morning.

Good morning. It's 17 (-8c) on its way to 22 (-6c). Snow tonight and back down to single digits. Yesterday was a long day ..... it looks like today might be just as bad. I've got a full schedule from 9:00-18:00. Our seed starting supplies have started to come in. That's fun. Not much else is happening. Be safe and be good.

Well, it's 36F, on it's way to 46F today. Warmer than the last few days but not enough to entice me to go outside lol. Ground is still covered with snow. Finished processing a hot sauce ferment yesterday - probably moving on to the next one today. Leftover chili for dinner tonight. Hope you're feeling better Catherine. Good morning everyone - be safe.

Good morning. Temps range from 10-36*F, hoping for snow this afternoon. Thanks so very much for the well wishes as they brighten this PITA dreary time. Covid seems to be rearing it’s head in CO this week. Think I’ll stay home.
Have a wonderful day everyone. Find the little things that make you smile.

Good morning. It's 6 (-14c) on its way to 14 (-10). Snowing and windy. Crazy busy work schedule today. My calendar has 13 meetings on it from 0900-1800. Today is my Friday. Lunch tomorrow with an old friend in Lawrence. It looks like all of our seed starting supplies have arrived. Now to complete the final grow lists. 1st seeds get started in mid-late February. Catherine .... order up some more rest and relaxation! Not much else is going on. Beans-n-ham this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. We got a beautiful blanket of snow yesterday, though we need lots more to help w/the drought. I can hear snowblowers in the neighborhood, so we should have a good deal of moisture when it melts. It was 0*F last night, warming to normal temps.
Thanks for the healing thoughts. Things are progressing slower than I’d like.
Enjoy your day, the snow, the sunshine.

Good morning. It's 4 (-16c) on its way to 22 (-6c). Cold and windy. It's my day off but I'm working for a bit this morning. Seems like the virus is spreading like crazy in the KC metro. We're hunkering down out here in the sticks and not planning on venturing out for anything for at least a week or two. My 2022 tomato grow list is done and I think it's killer. My pepper grow list is not done. I've still got outstanding seed trains and trades to complete. Cancelled lunch with my buddy today until sometime after the current virus spike. Not much else is happening. Be safe, be blessed and be good. S.M.I.L.E.

Back