• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Bike ride this morning with wife and a friend. Then ill wash 2 bikes and chill. Have to go to the horse stables to mow tomorrow, ill be quitting that job before summer. Do have a patio set I need to drop off to one of our customers. We painted it yesterday, well wife painted it. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. It's 40 on its way to 60 and raining. Reorganized the freezers yesterday. That took longer than I thought it would. Planning on working in the office for a few hours then back to splitting firewood. Winter will return in a couple of days. Not looking forward to that. Not sure what else we've got going on. Be safe and be good.

Good afternoon. It’s been a long day and I’m now warm in bed under an electric blanket. The last 2 weeks have been challenging health wise so hopefully things will turn the corner by 2022. It’s been December cold, windy, so I’m enjoying a bit of comfort and warmth in bed.
Have a wonderful day. Stay healthy.

prayers for you Catherine. Hope you get to feeling better fast. Headed to the stables shortly, get in and get out. Chilling tonight, cant wait to be snuggled up on the couch watching a movie. Hopefully harry isnt to sore after wood splitting. Did my share in upstate NY. Yall have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. It's 20 on its way to 32. It's cold out! They're forecasting our first snow for Saturday. I was sore and chilled last night ..... sat in the hot tub for an hour, had a whiskey and felt much better. Catherine .... we hope you get to feeling better. My nephew and one of my nieces have COVID. I'm convinced we're all going to get to it sooner or later. My son has caught the COVID 3 times now (original strain, delta and now Omicron) .... he says the new variant was much milder for him. He works in health care and is fully vaccinated. Going to do some office work for a few hours and then I'm going to work on organizing my fishing room. I walked in there yesterday and just shook my head .... I've got no idea where to even start! Not much else is happening. Be safe and be good.

Gods morning. 11*F this am, with predictions of snow on Friday. I’m staying home where it’s warm. I have a few tests tomorrow, but today will be OK. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers, this sort of took me by surprise.
Have a wonderful day and stay healthy. Prayers for Harry’s son getting all the Covid strains. It’s not easy being sick!

I feel ya Harry, bike room is a disaster and needs to be re organized. Headed to Appolo Beach to work bees this morning. Have to take apart 2 hives and find the queen. I guess this is advance bee keeping, nothing like jumping right into it. Best wishes for your tests catherine. dragonsfire its nice to have another in the thread. We are getting pretty thin here. Yall be good and good morning.

Good morning. It's 30 on its way to 46 and cloudy. We are under a winter storm watch for the weekend. Doing some office work until mid morning then my wife and I are heading to Costco to pick up a few things. This afternoon I'm going to walk past the fishing room and see if anyone decided to clean it up while we were out :rolleyes:. I think my wife is making a pot roast. Not sure what else is planned for today. Catherine .... I hope you're feeling better. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Hope Catherine is feeling good. Yesteday was really cool. Took two hives apart and removed a swarm from a tree. Ate the tiny honey filled comb out of the tree that the bees started, oh my! Was warm and fresh so good. One yard to mow today then chilling. Yall be safe and have a great day. Good morning.

Good morning. It's 35 on its way to 55. Indeed .... I sure hope Catherine is doing OK. Sic .... bee stuff is really cool .... I dabbled into it a long time ago. Bracing for the winter wonderland that's supposed to arrive tomorrow. Splitting more firewood today. Not much else is going on. Grilling and whiskey tonight. Be safe and be good.

Good evening and happy New Year soon. These past 2 days have been less than desirable - went to ER last night and just got into my own room. The nurses have been phenomenal and I have a bit more to go before I’m satisfied. Thanks so much for the thoughts and prayers as they are appreciated. It will take time.
Have a wonderful day and stay healthy.

Good morning and Happy New Year. Catherine .... I hope you're are on the road to recovery. We're thinking about you. It's 24 (-4c) on its way to -2 (-19c). Snow in progress. The winds will be picking up soon. It's going to get nasty. Hopefully we're on the southern edge of the storm. From the forecast, it looks the majority of the snow should be to the north of us. Nothing on today's agenda ..... just chillin' indoors. My wife made a pot roast. Beverages and football later. Be safe, be blessed and be good.

Praying for you Catherine. Thought we were going to play DnD today but wife is "upset" about something? Who knows what we are doing. Ill end up going for a walk if we dont go play. Not much else going on, chilling this evening. Yall be good and happy New Year. Good morning.

Happy New Year everyone!

I've been reading this thread since AJ started it, lol. I never bothered to post in it because, as the title says, "...for those who get up really early". I don't do that anymore.:halo:

But, it looks like times have been a-changing, as they say. So, with the start of a new year, I thought I might chime in. Don't know about every day, but we'll see.

First off - @catherinew, you get better! Please know you're in my thoughts and prayers.

As far as today goes, we're fixing our traditional pork loin, kielbasa and sauerkraut dinner, with black-eyed peas and cornbread. We'll share it with my mother and brother. Weather is kinda ugly - gray, dark, misting rain, but it is near 60. Average is usually in the 40's. Not to worry, temperature is supposed to crash tomorrow night into 20's.

Good afternoon. Thanks so much for the thoughts and prayers. They are very much appreciated. The high winds on Wednesday created fires mostly north of us, losing about 1000 homes. My neighbors 30’ fir tree fell close to our driveway, huge roots. We’ve had snow the past 2 days, no much, but the temp was close to 10*F. One more test today and maybe going home tomorrow. These hospitals seem to be quite full, lots of Covid patients.
Have a wonderful beginning of 2022. Good to see dragonsfire and Downriver.

Back