• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Well, it's sunny and 74, on its way to 82 (rf 92). Calling for heavy thunderstorms this afternoon. Yesterday's storm dropped about .5" of rain. Haven't needed to water lately :halo:. Dr's appointment this AM, then some errands. @midwestchilehead, I'm not jealous John, just tryin to figure out what time I need to leave here to get there on time. :D Hope everybody has a wicked-good Wednesday. Good Morning!

Morning all - up early before it gets hot - high of 36C feels like 41C - oh joy!
I keep telling the peppers to hold on for a couple more days as there's RAIN and storms forecast.
Water butts getting low on water and I'm not sure how much longer the well will hold out.
Couple of jobs this a.m., then that's it - dark room with fan running.
Have a good Thursday and keep cool.

Last edited:
Haha Catherine we just decided to do nothing and watch movies yesterday. Today though Ive got to mow and sharpen and change blades along with several other chores. That will take most of my day. we are going on a walk first thing. Not sure what were having for dinner but steak salad sounds good. Have a great day and good morning.

@midwestchilehead, I'm not jealous John, just tryin to figure out what time I need to leave here to get there on time. :D
It turns out it the chile was ready at about 6 p.m. It sure was hot out there manning the grill, but I managed to get all that chile roasted, bagged and put away. It should last me at least a couple weeks into the winter.

Good morning. Great destiny, Sic. That’s our usual day when there’s snow on the ground. But for now, it’s work while the sun shines.
Dr. appt. this AM, then bread ‘n butter pickles on the docket. I got the jam made yesterday. No rest for the wicked, even in this heat.
Have a wonderful day. Stay healthy.

Good morning. Overcast and kinda gloomy looking, but supposed to be sunny by this afternoon. Currently 70 on its way to 83 (rf 89). The cool-off has finally begun to arrive. The next week or so is forecast for highs in the 80's, lows in the 60's. Maybe flower drop will stop and pods will start setting. Not a lot planned for the day - gonna just wing it lol. Hope everybody has a great day. Be safe out there.

Nice and sunny and 63, heading for 78 (rf 85). Less humidity today - yay. What a gorgeous day! Heading to the garden today. Gonna spray some BT on the Mexican Bean Beatles. Hopefully it will do something. Then, some grass cutting perhaps. I wonder how many/much fish Harry can bring home, if any. Hope everybody has a fantastic Friday. Good Morning!

Morning chilli people - another hot one today, 37C, feels like 42C - no breeze :( but wait! there's thunderstorms and rain forecast for tonight - yippppeeeeeeeeeee. That forecast better be right.
Been out for the daily stomp before it gets hot, cool and peaceful out there until I nearly got run down on a country lane by a bike rider, wouldn't mind normally but I was singing loudly and it's not pretty.
Today is my own to slob out and stay in the cool. BBQ and beer later.
Have a good one and keep cool :D

Good morning. We’re going to a Community Garden’s open house and check out their gardens and how much better their produce is this year. Then I’ll check out a nursery close by and see if there’s any sales. Peach bourbon jam is on the docket for today or tomorrow. Just waiting for cooler temps.
Have a wonderful day. Stay healthy.

Good morning. It's currently 61, on its way to 78 (85). Another beautiful, sunny day. Ten day forecast says highs only in the seventies. Are the sweltering days of Summer over? Probably not lol. Did some weedwhacking yesterday. Trimmer's not running right. Need to do some maintenance on it today. NFL pre-season starts today for the Washington Redsk....errr.....Football Te......err......Commanders. That's it, COMMANDERS!!! lol. Probably the beginning of another very long season for them. Hope everybody has a special Saturday. Be safe out there.

Morning all - storms overnight and the temperature has dropped to a cool 25C - more rain forecast for later.
Not much planned for today, doing all the stuff that I didn't do when it was hot.
Have a peaceful and cool Sunday

Good morning. Last day of forecasted 90F temps for a week or so. We all need that reprieve away from heat. Nothing planned yet, probably need to do beets soon. The red noodle beans are starting to form, very slow this year, or maybe I’m more impatient.
Have a wonderful Sunday. Take time for yourself.

It's currently 63, on its way to 78 (rf 82). Sunny right now but supposed to become cloudy with showers this afternoon. Finally sprayed the beans yesterday. Decided to use DE. I've never used it as a spray, only as a powder. And never used it on Mexican Bean Beatles, so we'll see. Need to run a few errands today, then chillin is in order. Hope everybody has a super Sunday. Good Morning!

Back