• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. Sunny and 58, on its way to 78 (85). The humidity is slowly creeping back up - yuck. Still, should be a pretty day. Didn't work on gate - helped process some tomatoes. Took stuffed tomatoes and peppers over to Mom. One of her favorites. Need to run a few errands this morning then, just maybe, I'll work on that gate lol. Hope everybody has a terrific Thursday. Be safe out there.

Last edited:
Good morning. 80F temps are back, but much more comfortable than those hot 90F days. Still dealing with all the peaches, and loving it since the tomatoes are a bust this year. The neighbor had his apple trees sprayed for Japanese beetles, so they did our 1 peach tree since they’re so close together.
Harry, enjoy retirement. If you decide to go back to work, keep it to a couple days a week. You’re important to them but you and family come first.
Sic, glad to hear your son’s visit was enjoyable.
Have a wonderful Thursday. Stay busy and productive. 😀

Morning all - very cool out there this a.m., glad I moved the hot hots back into the greenhouse. High of 25C today, it's lovely not to be cooking in your own juices.
Work this morning, then the day is my own. Need to go have a tidy up at the veggie patch.
Have a good Friday and keep cool :D

Well, it's sunny and 59, on its way to 82 (rf 87). Should be a pretty day. Got the gate built yesterday. Now it's time to haul it down to the garden and hang it. Not sure what else might be going on. Hope everybody has a fantastic Friday. Good Morning!

Good morning. It's 66 on its way to 86. It's sunny now .... storms are forecasted for this afternoon. Not much going on today. Picked the super hots and made my deliveries yesterday. I'm going to work in the barn and on fishing gear today. Grilling and beverages this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Cooler day to visit the CG and see what’s ready - probably beans. Birthday bash with the coffee group this morning, then making some hot peach jam for some friend of hubby. I need to buy more pectin with all the peach jam I’m making.
Have a wonderful day. Enjoy earth’s bounty.

Morning all, hello lovely weekend - bit drizzly out there today, not complaining!
Planning on taking out the mini sweetcorn and start thinking about overwinter cabbage #living the dream
MotoGP qualifying this afternoon, everything stops for that
Have a good weekend and keep cool

Good morning. It's 68 on its way to 88. Sic ..... Plenty of macabre, oddities, curiosities and evil up in the big city ..... just walk around up there :lol: ! I need to mow this afternoon. First off this morning, I'm making some charred salsa with a mixture of garden goodness. Not much else is going on. Shrimp jambalaya and beverages this evening. Be safe, be blessed and be good.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's sunny and 70, on its way to 82 (rf 90). Should be a pretty, but kinda hot, day. Set the threshold and got the garden gate hung yesterday. It's a swinger! lol Great minds Harry. I grilled burgers last night, then charred tomatoes and some peppers. Will be making and canning salsa today. Also need to cut some grass this afternoon. Hope everybody has a super Saturday! Be safe out there.

No photos Tink but seen lots of crazy things. Weird taxadermy, suspension hanging, Lobster boy Jr was there. Crazy trinkets and planty of strange folks, good times. We went to a decent restaurant on the water afterwards. Bike ride in the swamp then plenty of chores, My hour meter isnt working on new mower so need to figure that out or take it on tomorrow also. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. It's 63 on its way to 83. It should be a great day. I made my charred salsa yesterday but I didn't get the mowing done .... so I need to do it today. Heading up to the city this evening for the match. Not much else is going on. Be safe and be good.

Back