• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's 46 on its way to 66. Should be clear and sunny. Not much going on. Going out to harvest the last of the peppers in a few minutes. It will be a large pull of several thousand. Then I'm going to split firewood. Chiefs game later this afternoon. Lasagna for dinner. Be safe, be blessed and be good.

Good morning. It's partly sunny and 45, on its way to 73. Pretty nice day on tap, but cold is on the way. More pepper processing today, and maybe one last pass through the garden. Hope everybody has a restful Sunday. Be safe out there.

Good morning. Cloudy and cooler, 40s to 50s today though the weather station on the roof said it got down to 30. Yesterday I finished the pickled beets from the CG, so the tiny ones are a free for all. Also made Candy Apple jelly with habaneros - a bit warmer than I remember. More applesauce is on the docket soon.
Marturo , those peppers look beautiful. Nice job.
Have a great day. Spend time with loved ones.

Good morning. It's 37 (3c) on its way to 48 (9c). Clear and cold for the next several days. Forecast is for our first freezes of the year Tuesday and Wednesday morning. All pepper pods have been harvested for the year. My wife will remove all remaining plants this week. I need to run to the post office this morning and I've got office work this afternoon. Not much else is going on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's cloudy and 54, on its way to 65. Cloudy and cooler today. So, the cool down begins. Finished first batch of hot sauces yesterday. Not much planned for today. Didn't go down to the garden yet - maybe this afternoon. Might go Mexican tonight - It's Margarita Monday! Hope everybody has a marvelous Monday. Be safe out there.

Good morning. Frost warning for last night, so we moved a few plants into the basement where they’ll stay for the winter. I’m hoping it will warm up enough to pull beans off the fence and finish taking down the garden this week. Not much else planned, there’s a bucket of apples just waiting.
Have a great day. Stay safe.

Good morning. It's 24 (-4c) on it's way to 43 (6c). Hard freeze in progress. Clear and cold. Office work this morning. More firewood splitting this afternoon. Looks like it will be back in the 80s starting on Friday. This weekend will be the final garden cleanout. Stakes and cages will be removed and stored. Any remaining plants will be hauled to the burn pile. Garlic will be planted. Be safe and be good.

It's sunny and 33, on its way to 53. Chilliest day in a while. Went to garden yesterday and picked some more ripe peppers. Just a few of these and a few of those. Still lots of green pods down there. Probably begin processing peppers....again. Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday. Good Morning!

Good morning. Frost on the lawn, so I know Fall has come closer to winter. Not yet, I hope. I pulled all the beans from the fence and dug up a few carrots yesterday. Now to finish pulling bean vines so we can remove the fencing. Hope to have the garlic planted by the weekend, then we can breathe again. The bucket of apples is still waiting . . .
Have a wonderful Tuesday. Kudos to everyone getting their garden jobs done.

Hey @sicman, check it out!

IMG_20221017_135714711.jpg

I'm claiming Victory!....I think. I'd say it's time to celebrate, but Margarita Monday was a little rough on me last night. Maybe later, lol.

Last edited:
A tear ran down my face Downriver :rofl:

Well its 50 outside, I assure yall thats not groovy. Not positive whats going on. I want to ride but its got to warm up first. I only ride in below 60 weather if I have to and today I dont have to. I have a bid to give tomorrow that I may go a head and do today several errands I could also do while it warms up. Going to be even colder this time tomorrow so we will find some movies to watch this evening and hibernate. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. Sic .... damn that's cold. I hope you're doing OK .... maybe I could send you a parka or blanket :lol:! Good morning. It's Whiskey Wednesday! Here in the middle it's 22 (-6c) on its way to 55 (13c). I think we start a warm up tomorrow. 80s (27+c) by the weekend. I am not sure what we've got going on today. I've got some office work to do sometime today. There's always stuff to do on the ranch. DR .... Nice to see that Kubota running/cutting again. Be safe and be good.

Last edited:
It's sunny and 41, on its way to 51. Remember that Memorial service we went to on Saturday? Got a text from the daughter Tuesday morning saying her mother tested positive for Covid Monday night. Oh joy. Now the wait is on. Not planning on going anywhere today. If it wasn't so cold, I'd cut grass! Ha. Probably process peppers. Hope everybody has a wonderful Wednesday. Good Morning!

Back