• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's 71 (22c) on its way to 87 (31c). Sunny and extremely windy. Red fire danger today with gusts up to 50 mph. A front is supposed to come through this afternoon with rain (excellent) and much cooler temperatures (60s) tomorrow. Not much going on today. Watching EPL this morning and NFL this afternoon. Enchilada soup and salad this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good afternoon. Late to the party today. Picked another bucket or 2 of apples before tonight’s proposed freeze. We made cinnamon applesauce with the previous bucket and plan on one more batch. After that it’s dehydrated apple slices and the rest to donate. Such a beautiful day, though quite windy.
Planted elephant garlic at home, just a dozen to have on hand later next year.
Have a wonderful rest of your day. I love fall and harvests.

Morning all, another Monday rolls around. Still very mild weather even though the geese migrated.
Today I'm waiting on other people, which I hate.
So I'm just going to get on with stuff and they'll have to work round me :lol:
Have a good Monday and keep safe

Good morning. It's 71 (22c) and that will be the daytime high for today. Heavy rain is in the forecast starting mid morning with the temperature falling throughout the day. I'm hoping that the rain will losen up some of those stubborn remaining garden stakes :lol:! Found homes for everything from our final harvest. My sister came and took 5 giant flats of paste tomatoes (good luck with those)! I've got office work this morning and then I'm not sure what we've got going on after that. I've got a vehicle that won't start .... suspect battery ..... I need to work on it. It's also the time of year to figure out what vehicles stay parked in the garages and which ones go out in the barn. Today is my bride's birthday .... I expect we'll go out to dinner. That's about it. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. A freeze is predicted for some time today, no moisture yet. The mountains look beautiful with their snow blankets. Dr. follow up appt. this AM, then shopping and errands.
Happy birthday to Harry’s wife. Enjoy the day.
Sic, what’s wife got growing in her garden?
Have a wonderful day. Stay healthy and safe.

Good morning. It's mostly sunny and 44F, on its way to 71F. Should be a nice day. Garden clean-up is on the agenda for today. Don't know if Margarita Monday is in the cards this week. Maaaybe, We'll see. Hope everybody has a marvelous Monday. Be safe out there.

Catherine I really dont like okra that much but she loves it. She just fries it or puts it in soups. Sonya has lots going on, on our property. Ill get some pics of everything.
Have a lawn to mow today then suppose to be getting 2 rolls of hay. Stick removal job this afternoon. Probably 2 full trailer loads, its only 5 miles from the house so we can drop and burn it here and it wont take forever or have to charge for dumping fee. Sticks are also in t piles for the most part as we have picked them up all year while mowing. Relaxing tonight. Good morning and have a great day.

Good morning. It's 44 (7c) on its way to 54 (12c) and blustery. Our rain total is a little over 1" from yesterday. Sic .... indeed anything fried is good ..... even okra :lol: . I've got office work this morning. Not sure what I've got going on this afternoon. Maybe give those garden stakes another shot ..... maybe split firewood. It'll be a workout whichever I do. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's foggy and 47, on its way to 73. Another pretty day on tap. Well, its been 10 days and negative tests, so I guess we didn't contract Covid at that memorial service. Yay! Worked a little in the garden yesterday. Errands to run today, then maybe some more garden work. Stewed okra and tomatoes over rice is awesome! Can't get enough of it during the season. Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday. Be safe out there.

Light rain currently and 48F, on its way to 66F. Supposed to clear off by this afternoon and be partly sunny. We'll see. Didn't make it to the garden yesterday, but it's not going anywhere. Not sure what's on tap today - gonna just play it by ear. Hope everybody has a wonderful Wednesday. Good Morning!

Good morning. It's 36 (2c) on its way to 61 (16c). Clear and frosty white. Checking on some office stuff and then my schedule is wide open to work in the garden and split more firewood. Not much else is going on today. Be safe and be good.

Hope yall had a great time Catherine. Went on a little bike ride this morning. have to go mow a yard, one time thing for people that are selling. Lady was like my husband doesnt want to or have the time and pictures are being took friday. I quoted them high and they were happy. Im not keen on doing one shots so it need to be worth my time. Stick job was bigger than I though and we got one load removed and burnt yesterday after getting 6 rolls of hay, so we have to finish that at our leisure. Chilling this evening and I believe we are having steak salad. Have a great day and good morning.

Morning all, on the fast slope to the weekend.
I'm hating these dark mornings, they make me want to stay in bed longer. Clocks are doing their thing on Sunday, think it's an hour back but I'm always getting it wrong.
Bit and bobs to do this a.m., then I'm out with friends to lunch.
Have a good Thursday

Back