• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Couple chores and errands before the storms today. More retirement life this afternoon. There was a bad accident on the corner yesterday. Guy running from the cops t boned a truck. Both air lifted out, traffic was backed up in front of the house for four hours. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. Spring weather for a few days then back in the 20s at night. Making mini loaves of banana bread this AM for daughter’s freezer. It’s much easier to enjoy from the freezer and then warmed up, or so they say. Doing a few transplants after the bread then working on basement. Typical retirement day. Ha.
Enjoy your day. Make someone else’s day a bit brighter.

Good morning. It's 48F on its way to 65F. Mostly sunny but crazy windy. It should be in the mid 80s by the weekend through the middle of next week. One meeting this morning and then heading out to run errands. Hitting the Costco, Beer Store, HD, BPS and the Butcher Shop. Yesterday, my wife made some zucchini bread .... we've been snacking on that. Probably futz around outside this afternoon and maybe some futbol watching. Grilling chicken later on. Beverages too. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's currently cloudy and 65F, on its way to nowhere. Calling for rain most of the day, with a thunderstorm possible. Don't see it on radar, but it must be out there. The WXguessers are never wrong, ha. Well, I finally got the tilling done yesterday, the first pass anyway. Still a lot of shovel work ahead, forming rows/paths etc. Didn't make it to Lowes yesterday for lumber for the shed, and probably won't go today because of the rain. Think I'll work on up-potting some of the peppers. Hope everybody has a terrific Thursday. Be safe out there and hug your plants!

Good morning. It’s looking to be a beautiful day, no moisture so I need to water a bit. I’m trying to dig out a section of wild geraniums that have been ‘there’ for years and I must miss a few roots. They can definitely be invasive as are a few other weeds that find their way here.
The seedlings are growing slowly, not even close to transplant for another week or 2.
Enjoy your day, send some rain out west, Downriver. Hug your pets and stay healthy.

Good morning. It's 40F on its way to 72F. Stocked the beer fridges this morning. Got some pea gravel work to do on the landscaping. Mushroom hunting mid-morning. Mowing again this afternoon. Planning to start hardening off the tomatoes tomorrow. We'll have the grandson this evening. Pizza tonight. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's overcast and 55F, on its way to 60F. We got about an inch of rain yesterday/last night. The ground is saturated. Lots of standing water out there. Today is supposed to be cloudy, breezy, and another shower or two. Wish I could send it back your way Catherine, but I think it's heading toward Tink, lol. Ended up futzing around in the storage unit that should be a garage a bit yesterday. I dream of it returning to my workshop someday. Not much planned for today. A few errands, then prep for a quick trip North, Sat/Sun. Hope everybody has a freaky good Friday. Be safe out there and have a great day.

Good morning. It's cloudy and 54F, heading to 63F. Calling for mostly sunny and windy today. The wind part is already here. Gusts up to 40mph this morning. Loading up and heading North for a quick overnight. Hope everyone has a super Saturday. Be safe out there and drive safely.

Last edited:
Good morning.

Been ill with abdomen pain for a few days. Doc says can’t find anything wrong yet. Feels better today. Hope it just goes away.

Doing some mechanics later on push mower and electrical on 85 GMC. Teaching my son how to fix things himself. Save him some money in the future if he can change his oil, brakes and basic repairs on things. We meet with a recruiter in a few weeks. He wants to join the Army.

Have a fun time at the concert Sic.

Have a good day you all.

Good morning. It's 55F on its way to 85F. Mostly sunny, windy and warmer. My tomato plants are outside hardening off. 1-2 weeks until plant out. Watching the matches this morning then futzing in the garden this afternoon. Spaghetti mid afternoon. Heading up to Arrowhead this evening to watch Inter Miami (w/Lionel Messi) play against Sporting. Beverages late. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Windy again, warm for the weekend. Spent much of yesterday watering the flowers and digging up plants for the swap next month. Also helped the non-gardener neighbor dig a ‘few’ of his wife’s perennials to future relocations as he has a guy coming to dig out the extensive crabgrass invasion in his flowers. Two years of neglect can really do a garden in. I still have more to do, but it’s a start.
Enjoy your day. Make someone else’s day a bit brighter.

Hey chickens, sorry I'm late.
It's a glorious day and my back is now much better so thought I'd catch up on all the chores in the garden.
Which I've nearly all done. It's very warm out there now and in the greenhouse it's boiling so I've been pricking out the tommy plants this afternoon.
Have a good weekend everyone. Keep cool, hydrated, calm and smile because it is sunny :D

Good morning. It's 61F on its way to 89F. Sunny and very warm. Watered all the starts .... the tomatoes are now at ~20" tall and very thirsty. They need water every 3rd day. Watching the early match and then working outside. The radishes, lettuce, onions and brassicas are all up. The apple trees have finished blossoming. Drinking beer and grilling sausages later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Spring weather is here, time for raking the neighbor’s wood mulch from our tiny lawn. Thanks to the wind last week we have lots of extra stuff. Yesterday we shopped at Lowe’s for potting soil and wood mulch. We’ve been looking for a cement birdbath as our ceramic one is flaking the coating. Nothing yet.
Have a wonderful weekend. Stay healthy and safe.

Good morning. It's sunny and 71F, on its way to 83F. Chance of a thunderstorm this afternoon. Back from PA. Nothing exciting going on up there. Today I've got some up-potting to do, then probably go to Lowes for shed floor lumber. Might even work on the shed a bit. It does sound like an ambitious day. I might have to re-think that, lol. Harry, I saw there were 72k+ at Arrowhead Saturday. Wow! Is that typical? Hope everybody has a marvelous Monday. Be safe out there and have a great day.

Back