• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's sunny and 39F, on its way to 61F. Finally starting to warm up a little. Still need to till, but it's waay too wet. I'm hoping I can later this week. Might try and do some more yard maintenance. Still a lot of twigs/branches to be picked up. Or, I just might chill and watch golf, lol. Hope everybody has a quiet and peaceful Sunday. Stay safe and enjoy your day.

Good morning. It's 54F on its way to 72F. Mostly sunny but still very windy. Should be a nice day. Well, I didn't win the Powerball. Watching the early PL match and then heading up to the city for the SKC match. Still need to mow but it's got to wait until tomorrow. Got out some ribeyes to grill this evening. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. The fierce winds shook the house during the night, and have calmed down a bit, but still wreak havoc with the trees and whatever isn’t battened down. The brown cloud pollution should be in Europe by now.
Busy morning, quiet afternoon. I’m hoping to transplant SOMEthing this week, maybe broccoli. The tomatoes are beginning to pop, even a couple from 2017 that are new to me.
Slowly, but surely. Spring is here.
Enjoy your weekend. Hug your pets, Pay it forward.

Morning all - another Monday, inevitable :lol:
Hurt my back sometime Friday or Saturday, could've been a sharp movement or something else, hurts like buggery and I'm incapacitated for a while, although it's getting easier every day, drugs help.
Taking it very easy today and hoping to get more pricking out of peppers done, just waiting for it to warm up outside.
Caught a snail munching on my habs this a.m. grrrrrrrrrrrr think I lost 4 to his breakfast.
Anyway that's it from me, have a good Monday - keep warm, dry, painfree and smile :D

Good morning. It's 41F on its way to 74F. Extremely busy day today. Office work, seedling moves, trimming and mowing. I'm busy from now until dark. Didn't grill those steaks last night so will do it tonight. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Sunny and springtime temps. Solar eclipse day, but we’re not really in the path. I have the glasses just in case. Lots of scheduled power outages yesterday because of the wind. We were lucky.
Enjoy your day. Tink, heal that back and feel better soon. Stay healthy and pain free. Hug your pets.

Good morning. It's sunny and 45F, on its way to 72F. Chance of a passing shower. Still should be a pretty day in my book. Shorts weather! Hauled the 2 boxes of pre-assembled shed down to the garden yesterday, in preparation for assembly. I was surprised it wasn't as wet down there as I thought it would be. Just soggy. Still too wet to plow till. The instructions to put this thing together are a joke. Nowhere does it say what the actual dimensions are. I'm going to have to put the bottom frame together so I can measure it to determine what lumber I need to build the floor. Next step will be to go purchase lumber. Was able to scratch Ellie's head a little yesterday, but only for a few seconds. She's still very scared, but she's getting a little better each day. Take it easy with your back, Tink. Trust me, I feel your pain. Way too early in the Spring for us to have back problems! Hope everybody has a marvelous Monday. Be safe out there and dig out those shorts!

Hope that back is feeling better Tink. Yesterday started with taking truck to the shop hopefully its fixed today. Using the van which really sucks for work. Have to mow Uncle Bens and a small yard but need to run some errands also. Chilling this evening. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. It's 45F on its way to 70F. Cloudy. Yesterday, I finally mowed and trimmed for the first time this year. It took 5 hours. I was out mowing during the eclipse. It was surprising to feel how cool it got during the eclipse, and we weren't in the totality path. Meetings this morning and nothing much planned for this afternoon. I might get out and work on landscaping. Bacon chicken ranch pasta tonight (sounds interesting). Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's partly sunny and 55F, on its way to 76F. Chance of a shower this afternoon. Down right balmy out there today! Glad I found my shorts yesterday. We were working on putting that shed together during the eclipse. The thing I noticed was the mosquitoes came out for about 15 minutes. After peaking, the birds started chirping like it was sunrise. Speaking of shed, we spent 3-4 hours on it and are on step 6 of 30. :shocked: Assembly instructions say two people - 3 hours. I claim BS. The good news is I think I have enough lumber around here to build the floor, so there's that, ha. Plan on working on it some more today. Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday. Be safe out there and enjoy your day.

Good morning. 31-59F and sunny. Eye doctor then going to the CG to work on the mutilated plastic orange fence. The wind did a number on it, but looks like we might use it for another year. City regulations say no permanent fencing where the garden is situated, so we comply. Meeting this afternoon and then work on the home garden.
Heal that back, Tink.
Enjoy the day, take time for yourself and pets. Hugs to little Ellie.

Good morning. It's partly sunny and 55F, on its way to 76F. Chance of a shower this afternoon. Down right balmy out there today! Glad I found my shorts yesterday. We were working on putting that shed together during the eclipse. The thing I noticed was the mosquitoes came out for about 15 minutes. After peaking, the birds started chirping like it was sunrise. Speaking of shed, we spent 3-4 hours on it and are on step 6 of 30. :shocked: Assembly instructions say two people - 3 hours. I claim BS. The good news is I think I have enough lumber around here to build the floor, so there's that, ha. Plan on working on it some more today. Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday. Be safe out there and enjoy your day.
My BIL and I assembled a shed like that. It took us an entire weekend (Saturday-Sunday) to assemble it. Just the amount of hardware was unbelievable. I'm thinking 20-24 hours (2 guys w/power tools).

Good morning. It's cloudy and 58F, on its way to 74F. Chance of scattered showers. Going to check to see if ground is dry enough to till today. Supposed to rain all day tomorrow. That will delay tilling another week. Come to find out, I don't have enough wood for the building floor. Need to make a run to Lowes. Maybe today - we'll see how it goes. Thanks, Harry. That tells me it'll take us two weeks to get the building done, lol. Hope everybody has a good day. Be safe out there.

Good morning. It's 47F on its way to 68F. Cloudy. @ Sic: Yikes on the $900 truck repair bill. Need to mow a few lawns to take care of that!
I've got a meeting this morning and then this afternoon, I'm going out to start cleaning up the landscaping around here. I've got boxwoods, knockout roses, lilacs and some other stuff (that I can't remember) that all need some cleanup. All the landscape needs some weeding too. Probably 2 full days of work. Zucchini pie with fresh asparagus from the garden tonight. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Spring and sunny, no rain. Coffee group, then errands. Yesterday we tried to put the CG fence where it’s supposed to be, but that will take more work. It’s ok for now. Lots of debris to pick up there from the wind.
Sic, you’re living the retirement life. Today anyway. Good luck on the shed, Downriver. That project will be worth the time and trouble this summer.
Enjoy your day. Stay safe and healthy. Hug a pet.

Back