• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's 67F on its way to 90F. Warm and sunny. Sic .... sounds like a party! Mowed yesterday and ended up trimming trees too. Did not get out to the garden to continue the tear out. I might get out this morning. First, I've got a call with my former work about working part time again ... lol. Beverages this afternoon. Grilling burgers this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's overcast and 64F, on its way to 69F. Calling for rain, on and off, all day. We picked everything that needed picking yesterday - dried beans, green beans, cukes, squash, a few tomatoes, and peppers of course. Today we'll start processing it. Sic - I feel your pain with that early morning airport stuff. Harry - go fishing instead. Catherine - how is the back lawn being "removed"? Curious minds. Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday. Be safe out there and enjoy the warm weather, while you can.🙂

Downriver - lawn removal - they used a sod cutter to cut ‘strips’ that are very difficult to remove as hubby stupidly watered the morning they were to start. If it was perfect, they would just roll the sod. Not here! They’re having to use flat shovels to get the stuff out. Much manual labor.

Good morning. It's raining and 64F, on its way to 69F. Day 2 of rain. One more to go. We really need the rain, and this is a nice, light and steady, rain. Started feeling puny yesterday, and ended up not doing much. It feels like today may be more of the same. We'll see. Still might mess with seed inventory. Hope everybody has a wonderful Wednesday. Be safe out there, and get your yearly vacs.

Good morning. 50-80F today, no rain until Saturday. The guys are having a difficult time w/our lawn. The neighbor’s tree roots are everywhere and our hard clay soil is just that. No wonder it’s been horrible these past few years. Coffee group and grocery shopping, plus garden chores are on for today.
Have a great day, enjoy these cooler nights. Stay healthy and hydrated.

Good morning. It's 71F on its way to 92F. Partly cloudy and hot. Too hot to work outside in the afternoons. It's still summer in Eastern Kansas. Trimming this morning then futzing. My wife and I are going to the match this evening. We'll stop and eat on the way up there. Nothing much else is happening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's 67F on its way to 90F. Warm and sunny. Sic .... sounds like a party! Mowed yesterday and ended up trimming trees too. Did not get out to the garden to continue the tear out. I might get out this morning. First, I've got a call with my former work about working part time again ... lol. Beverages this afternoon. Grilling burgers this evening. Be safe and be good.
You really don't know how this retirement thing works, do you Harry? 😃

Off to Doctor Bens. Guitar and wine this afternoon. Do need to go to store and pick up a few things. I had these hot sausage things last night and woke up at 2 with some serious problems,lol. Wife made it to TN and had a busy day, another one today helping my mom get ready for a yard sale. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. Overcast and 64F, on its way to79F. Partly clearing with a few showers this afternoon. Good day to do some trimming, etc, but not sure if I'm up to it. We'll see how the day goes. Hope everybody has a terrific Thursday. Be safe out there and try to avoid those sic bugs.

P.S. When I logged in a bit ago, I was the ONLY person logged in. Not sure if I've seen that, at least not in a long, long time. I swear I hear crickets!🦗

Last edited:
Good morning. It's 72F on its way to 99F. Sunny and hot. It's a good day to get new main HVAC insulated ducting installed .... LOL. The guys were here in the dark to get started before it gets too hot. Hopefully they get it done in a reasonable amount of time. Sic .... hot sausage thing attacks in the middle of the night are not pleasant. Been there many times. Not sure what I'm doing today. Probably just take it easy. It's too hot and I'm too sore to do anything serious today. Leftover ribs this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. 50-80F, comfortable evenings. This week has been a trip. No water for most of yesterday, finally could water the garden at night. Sod is supposed to be delivered today. We shall see. Tomato plant take down at the CG, we’ll see how far I get. I still have green toms, but my friend will make her infamous Green Tomato Pie with them. She’ll make more pies than she can give away.
Have a great day. Autumn will soon be here, and winter’s not far behind.

Good morning. 50-80F, comfortable evenings. This week has been a trip. No water for most of yesterday, finally could water the garden at night. Sod is supposed to be delivered today. We shall see. Tomato plant take down at the CG, we’ll see how far I get. I still have green toms, but my friend will make her infamous Green Tomato Pie with them. She’ll make more pies than she can give away.
Have a great day. Autumn will soon be here, and winter’s not far behind.
Remember to tell the sod installers that it gets installed "green side up"!

Good morning. The sod is in, green side up, and our water bill for the next week will be huge. OTE w/the girls for lunch, then taking down more tomato plants at the CG before the rains come on Saturday. The landscapers had a tough time w/tree roots, especially in our tiny front yard - the autumn purple ash had invaded the sprinkler system, so these guys worked hard chopping roots, etc. That was our vacation.
Have a great Friday. Stay cool in these unseasonable temps.

Good morning. It's 68F on its way to 96F. Still hot. Running a couple of local errands this morning. Dropping off a biiiiggg box of jalapenos at a friends. Nothing much else is going on! Waiting for cooler weather to arrive this weekend. Grilling a jalapeno/cream stuffed pork tenderloin this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's foggy and 62F, on its way to 83F. Calling for a mostly sunny day. All told, I think we got a little over 3" of rain the last three days, which we needed. Didn't do much yesterday. Still fighting this bug. Need to get down to the garden and pick squash and cucumbers. They're probably baseball bats by now. Hope everybody has a freaky good Friday. Be safe out there and enjoy your day.

Good morning. It's 74F on its way to 90F. Hot with rain in the area. This should be the last day in the 90s. It cools off significantly tomorrow. Heading out in a few minutes for breakfast. After that, watching the futbol matches. CFB this afternoon. Match tonight up in the city (we'll see if the WX holds). Be safe and be good.

Back