• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning.  It's 70 on its way to 95.  Busy work schedule.  My sister is driving back to Colorado Springs today. We're sending lots of veggies and berries with her.  Our pepper, tomatillo and tomato plants look great and we're picking a bucket of blackberries everyday. Starting to harvest a few peppers.  No ripe tomatoes yet but lots of green ones are out there.  Nothing much else happening.  Be safe and be good.

Good morning everyone. Usual garden chores plus adding more mulch/leaves where I dug up the garlic, then planted beans. After that, it's patiently waiting for harvest. Glad Harry's sister went home with special garden bundles. She's a lucky gal. I heard the Dog Days of Summer are 40 days of “relaxation”, starting July 3. I’m waiting for the relaxation part of it.

I hope you all have a wonderful summer day. Stay hydrated, keep loved ones close.

Good Morning.  It's 77 with light rain and we're under a severe thunderstorm watch.  Heavy T-Storm with wind predicted by mid morning.  At least I won't have to water the garden today!  Today's forecasted high is 88.  Got the lawn mowed last evening in anticipation of the rain.  Picked a bunch of red Jimmy Nardellos last evening.  Our annuums are coming on fast and we're inundated with blackberries. Our 3 year old grandson spent the night with us.  Everything should be back to normal around here later on today.  We'll have our 8 year old grand daughter for the weekend.  Then we're hunkering down for the next couple of weeks.  Moderate meeting schedule today. I hear ya Catherine .... No relaxation around here.  I've still got 4 major projects on the Must Do list.  Wondering if the Canadian border will open to nonessential travel. Our annual fishing trip has been delayed until mid August and it wouldn't surprise me if that trip gets cancelled.  The wife and I have a vacation to San Diego planned for late August and that doesn't look promising either.  Be safe and be good.    

I'm expecting everything to be canceled, no more bike races for me? Small job today and some kind of exercise. Possible rain most of the day. Yesterday was a wash rode 20 miles in pouring rain, had to stop twice because I couldn't see. Took longer cleaning my bike than the ride. See how today plays out. Bless up have a great day and good morning.

Good afternoon, a little late to the party. I was watering the community garden at 6am, plus weeding and picking beets (early for me) to pickle later on today. We had errands to run before it got too hot - yesterday it got to a very dry 99*F at our house. Today it should only be about 94*. Heat wave all week. I picked my first (of many) zucchini this AM, probably for dinner tonight. Still have the many projects to work on when it gets cooler.

I hope you have a wonderful day ahead. Stay hydrated and keep cool.

Good morning.  It's 64 on its way to 92.  Looks like the weekend might be a little cooler with highs around 90.  Severe T Storms are forecasted for tomorrow morning.  Today's meeting schedule doesn't look too bad.  I'm going to shut it down at around noon.  Our grand daughter will be here this weekend.  We've got to run some errands and have lots of chores.  Going to re-supply and then we're planning on hunkering down for a few weeks.  Be safe and be good.

Nice to see Chuck around. Have a great time with the grandbaby Harry. Definitely stay hydrated in these parts if you want to be active and survive. Its 86 at 5:30,lol. 8 mile walk with the wife this morning then mowing and watering plants. Have a wonderful day and good morning.

Good morning.  Well the weather prognosticators completely messed up the forecast.  All day yesterday they were forecasting severe T Storms for this morning.  It wasn't a matter of if but when.  Doom and gloom.  Head to the basement.  Now nothing.  Beautiful morning.  Chores and grilling accompanied by adult beverages later on.  Be safe and be good.  

Good morning. I love when the weather gal says, "cooler temps for the day" when it's going to be 93*F. Not my definition of 'cooler'. Hubby is replacing a couple of lawn sprinkler heads where a neighbor's tree root called home. They surely follow the water. I have a few garden chores, watering, and then maybe did up a huge clump of iris - not in any order - only thoughts for today.

Nice to see Chuck is still around and kicking. What's new on the Western Slope? Peaches will be scarce but I still need a box or so. We're hoping to sell boxes of #2s as a fund raiser for digging water wells in Zimbabwe.

Have a wonderful day everyone. Stay cool and hydrated.

Good morning. Pulled lots of purple larkspur this AM, saving many of the seeds. If anyone would like these beautiful pests, I’ll be happy to send some your way. They’re just too tall in places, but the bees and hummingbirds love these annuals that re-seed quite easily.

Another hot day so I better finish weeding before 10. Have a beautiful Sunday. Take time for yourself and keep those masks handy.

Good morning.  It's currently 67 with a forecasted high of 90.  No rain in the foreseeable future.  Light chores yesterday.  Replaced the garage entry door window insert (flung a rock with the weed whacker and busted it - of course it was special order at Lowes and it was supposed to be available in 3 weeks .... it took 9 weeks), assembled/installed an arbor in the garden and we started digging potatoes.  Yesterday, the wife and grand daughter tie dyed a bunch of masks. Picking peppers daily now.  Lots of green tomatoes but no ripe ones yet.  The lettuce is about done for now.  Giving bags of it away to anyone that comes to the house.  Moderate meeting schedule today.  Be safe and be good.  

Had a busy weekend; overrun with In-laws and hornworms.  Hornworms taken care of for now; hens have been very happy. I will have to find a different way to dispose of the in-laws though.

Nephew, who lived with us the past four years, graduated from high school this weekend.  Ceremony was drive by - each family was limited to two carloads of people, when it was your turn you pull up in front of the temporary stage, get out of the car, stand in designated place to take photos while your child is handed the certificate, get back in car so next family can do the same.  He's already got a job and has moved out.  He has some of my chile plants; three each choc. hab. and 'mosco' pueblo mirasol at his place. 

I have my eyes on his former bedroom at our place as my grow room for next year.  His bedroom was in the basement and has a nice-sized walk-in closet and two built-in bookcases -  plenty of space for storage and room for tables and the three-tier grow stand.

Take care everyone.

Good afternoon everyone. Hot weekend so the community garden really needed to be watered. Picked beets for canning tomorrow, lettuce is doing OK for another week and then waiting for it to bolt so I can replant and save seeds. Tomatoes are very slow, many blossoms dropping from the heat. This too will pass. I'm starting to dig/divide iris - that is definitely a chore!

Hope you all have a wonderful day. Stay cool and hydrated. Keep those masks handy.

Back