• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good Afternoon. Slow start this morning. Looks like The cold is moving back in. High today is 35F, heading to 14F tonight. Not feeling 100%, so probably gonna just chillax today. Not up for looking for bees, but my guess is they aren't flying here either. Have a great day and be safe out there.

Remember Sic, you got rights! lol
No mask.png

As a bonus yesterday we found, trapped and marked two queens. Got to "be" around lots of angry bees. Pulled 40 stingers out of my gloves, they dont seem to like when the big polar bear rips the roof of their house off and steals the queen,lol. Worked close to a million bees, thats a lot of bees flying around your face. Also sampled some home made mead that was awesome and tested a $200.00 bottle of bourbon. Two big jobs today then getting our stuff ready for a DnD game tomorrow morning. Havent played in two weeks, hopefully our characters are still alive,lol. Yall stay warm and Harry dont freeze. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. It's 3 (-16c) on its way to 24 (-4c). Looks like we're starting a warming trend. Working 1/2 day and then I'm taking it easy. The grandkids will be here this evening through Sunday. Planning to work in the fishing room tomorrow. Not much else is going on. Grilling pork chops this evening and having some beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. More snow on the way, which is a welcome bit of moisture. My neighbor on chemo is doing OK, though has been having rough times lately. I haven’t taken their dog out in 2 months, but hear about my friend through her husband. Sis - exciting adventure with the bees! Are you and your buddy going to start 2 hives for you? It’s a great and productive hobby.
Have a wonderful day and stay safe.

Good morning. It's 22 on its way to 42. Going to work in the fishing room and then watching some futbol/football. The grandkids are here. Not sure what else we've got going on today. Thinking about picking up some BBQ sometime today. Be safe and be good.

It's a tad chilly this morning. It's currently 3F, heading for 30F. Super cold for these parts. Don't know what's up for the day - maybe more label work and/or some football later. Stay safe out there, and Good Morning!

I will be starting some hives Catherine but not from his bees. Im still learning and collecting all my tools ,ect. Cant wait to have some though, Im loving it. So zen! Wife and I are going to play DnD in a bit then running a couple chores. Weather is crap and I dont want to go outside. Movies and beverages this evening for me. Wife dont drink, little girls dont need that type of stuff in their lives,lol. Yall be good and have a great day. Good morning.

Good morning. Nice to see the sunshine with temps 20-40*F. It looks like a good day to work on the basement, lots of junk leftover from last year and way too many little pots and cups. And dirt on the floor. Downsizing will take more time but truly needs to be done. Sic-figure out exactly what you will do with the honey now. Kind of like zucchini when the harvest comes in, who wants 20 zucchini?
Have a wonderful day. Take time for yourself.

Going to be selling and trading it Catherine, Ive looked into all my inspections and permits and we will be adding bee removal to our business. Im hooked and on my way to becoming a master beekeeper. So, its 41 and going to be 30 tomorrow morning. Does that make yall happy is it cold and miserable enough? Not doing much today dont really plan on going outside. Reading and watching will be done. Yall have a wonderful day and good morning.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's 30 on its way to 37. Better layer up and hunker down Sic. I've got nothing on today's agenda. Some futbol watching this morning and football watching this afternoon. Grilling and beverages later on. Be safe, be blessed and be good.

Good morning. Nice to hear about Sic’s new business. I bet that honey will tasted great with all your tropical flowers. Our neighbor had (an illegal hive) for 2 years before he was ratted on. Those years were the best for our garden production. He has now moved so no more hive. Looks like a beautiful sunny day w/no plans except basement.
Have a wonderful, cold day. Need a parka, Sic?

You and harry joke, maybe ill just freeze to death! would that make yall happy:rofl::rofl: I did brave the terrible tundra and went out to feed the horse and check on cattle. Actually have a parka that i got in upstate NY 20 years ago. Looks brand new as Even in TNI could only wear it a couple days of the year. Its a serious one made for sub zero temps, Ive litterally had it on once in the last 11 years living in Florida. But I have it. Only had to wear a hoodie and socks with my flip flops this morning, lol. Still aint going outside again unless its to feed the cats this afternoon and doing laundry. Have to drip some lines though tonight as half of our irrigation is probably only a foot deep. Hard to dig in ball bearing sand that the water is 6 inches underground. Well dial will freeze and that sucks.

Mid 30's forecast for today, 19F tonight. Started updating seed inventory with last year's harvest / new orders. Gotta know what ya got before you can figure out what to grow. Probably watch some football later. Catherine - didn't know about "illegal" hives. You have to have a permit or something? Stay warm and be safe out there!

Downriver, it's the Homeowner's Association that won't let us have hives. They also have to approve landscape changes, change in house color. We've been here 30 years and haven't changed much in those areas, though we do have a few illegal things in the back yard.
Sic - we truly have no clue how you grow in sand, but hope the lower temps aren't hurting your garden.

Downriver, it's the Homeowner's Association that won't let us have hives. They also have to approve landscape changes, change in house color. We've been here 30 years and haven't changed much in those areas, though we do have a few illegal things in the back yard.
Sic - we truly have no clue how you grow in sand, but hope the lower temps aren't hurting your garden.
Crazy HOAs. I live in a housing development ..... I'm the only house. We actually have a HOA and bylaws. LOL. A few illegal things in the backyard never hurt anybody.

Good morning. It's 40 on its way to 50. No complaints with the WX. Moderate meeting schedule today. Besides working in my basement office, not sure what else we've got going on today. Be safe and be good.

Cant imagine a HOA there would be a angry mob with pitchforks at my door. Garden will do what it does but should be ok. Sun and warms up to 55 with a quickness. Me and two buddies are riding at 11 in the Green Swamp today then ill be washing my bike. Relaxing this evening, I have busy days coming up. Yall have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. Monday errands plus a trip to see the Dr. This am. Started on the basement, but it’s still too cold for me to work down these. I found some seeds so I’m getting there - still have so much more to do before seed starting.
Have a wonderful day and pamper yourself.

Back