• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good Morning. It's sunny and 35F, on it's way to 35F. HOAs - a necessary evil I guess. Most of the time they're expensive and painful, but when your neighbor down the street uses the tree in his front yard to pull an engine from a wreck and then leave it hanging there for 6 months, they're pretty helpful. Have a great day and be safe out there!

Good morning. It's 9 (-13c) on its way to 20 (-7c). Busy meeting schedule today. Received another seed order yesterday ..... this time from Delectation of Tomatoes. Only one more order is outstanding. I need to do a final inventory on our seed starting supplies to make sure we've got everything we need. Not much else is happening. My wife is baking bread today. I'm going to grill some sausages later on. Beverages this evening. Be safe and be good.

49 with a high of 52 and raining most of the day. I need to go to the horse stables this week but not sure about today. I also gave my notice there, cant afford to work at all for anyone else anymore. It was handy last winter but a total pain during the summer. I promised myself when I got another yearly mowing contract that made up for it I was gone, ive gotten 5 others so im out. Yesterdays ride was kinda a shit show. I feel and hurt my ankle and my neck a little, Geoff feel and lost a shoe in mud:rofl:and Chris feel twice, once cracking his helmet breaking his left shifter and bending his handle bars. He also hurt his neck way worse than I did. I dint even wash my bike just locked it on the rack and parked the van in the barn, its absolutely filthy. Im going to try and burn some stuff when I go and feed the horse and check cattle before the rain hits. Might not do anything else productive today? Hope everyones week has kicked off great, yall behave yourselfs. good morning.

Good morning. It's 9 (-13c) on its way to 20 (-7c). Busy meeting schedule today. Received another seed order yesterday ..... this time from Delectation of Tomatoes. Only one more order is outstanding. I need to do a final inventory on our seed starting supplies to make sure we've got everything we need. Not much else is happening. My wife is baking bread today. I'm going to grill some sausages later on. Beverages this evening. Be safe and be good.
Hard to beat grilled sausages, unfortunately im the only one in my household that likes them 🤣

Good morning. Snow for much of the day, just a hassle for the commuters. The Kroger grocery strike has ended here and many of the shelves are bare. Luckily the freezer is full. Sic - sounds like your bike ride was a disaster, probably due to the weather. Hope you and you buddies are OK.
Have a wonderful day, stay healthy and warm.

Well good morning everybody! It's a cloudy 36F on its way to 39F. Going down to 13 tonight. These overnight lows in the teens and single-digits are some of the coldest in recent memory. Burrr! Gotta run some errands today - post office, grocery, pharmacy. Need to spend more time on seed inventory. Enjoy your day and be safe out there.

received_672892363731781.jpeg

Lol Geoff after 5 minutes of looking for his shoe, funnier thing is if you look closely thats his wifes electric assist mountain bike that he is destroying,lol. He is actually having surgery today and used that bike because hes not %100. But as you see cant really blame the weather for the wrecks more like the terrain. Good ol Green Swamp.

Didnt do much yesterday and today is going to be a repeat its spitting ice at the moment. Im drinking a beer and watching Dark Shadows. Wife has to go to the stables as she is keeping her job there, she likes it and it gives her her own personal money to spend on candy and whatever other things little girls like,lol. I will cook her breakfast when she wakes. We were in bed like at 6pm so I got me a solid 7 hours. have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. It's 9 (-13c) on its way to 30 (-1c). Looks like the green swamp is living up to its namesake. That's a rutted mud hole! Light meeting schedule today. I might actually get some work done. I've got all my tomato seed for 2022 pulled and ready to go. My pepper seed is pulled but I need to sort and store the other 800 varieties that I'm not growing this year :banghead:. Not much else is going on. My wife baked bread yesterday. Not sure what she's doing today. Ham and potatoes this evening. Whiskey later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning, nice cold one anyways. Seem to want it to be Friday already,but do have some fun things planned for today, taxes and groceries. After I finish helping my little girl with her home work it will be time to start planning which seeds i'll be growing this year and planning out my business plans. Have a nice day everyone.

Heard a nasty rumor about a potential blizzard this weekend. It's only Wed, so let's hope they're way wrong. Currently cloudy and 15F, on its way to 32F. Forecasting 4F tonight. More brrr. Not a lot of anything planned for today - gonna kinda wing it! Sic - I don't think that motor's big enough for that terrain! I'm thinking V-8. Hope everybody has a great day and be safe out there.

Good morning. Sunny and 12-40*F today. We got 8” snow yesterday and more predicted in a few days. The old McD’s coffee group is meeting at Denny’s this morning as we haven’t met for almost 2 months since McD’s closed their dining room. Still waiting for seeds, though I’ve been choosing only 9-10 varieties of peppers and close to the same tomatoes. So far.
Have a wonderful day and be kind to animals.

Heard a nasty rumor about a potential blizzard this weekend. It's only Wed, so let's hope they're way wrong. Currently cloudy and 15F, on its way to 32F. Forecasting 4F tonight. More brrr. Not a lot of anything planned for today - gonna kinda wing it! Sic - I don't think that motor's big enough for that terrain! I'm thinking V-8. Hope everybody has a great day and be safe out there.
I've got subcontractors in the Frederick, MD area that are telling me they're expecting a huge storm on Friday.

Headed to the stables this morning to do a couple things. Going to be 25 sunday, coldest its been in over 4 years. world has lost its mind with all of this gender identity crap, absolutely nuts. Amazing people are actually as crazy as they are. Watched a woman cry during a city hall meeting because she wanted a kitty litter box in the schools bathroom for the kid that identifies as a cat, did yall hear what I said? A cat:rofl:mental illness is a trend these days. Over populated with maniacs running the asylum. Yall have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. It's 29 (-2c) on its way to 38 (3c). Indeed .... the world has lost its mind. Total wacko across the board. I quit watching the local news because of it. Busy meeting schedule today. Got my pepper seeds ready to go and the seed inventory re-organized. Waiting on one last tomato seed order .... I see that it shipped yesterday. My wife baked more bread yesterday. Damn it's good. Not sure what else we've got going on today. I've have to head into the office tomorrow to pick up few things. Contemplating calling it quits and retiring by April. Going to give it some serious thought over the weekend. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. 12-29*F with snow looming overhead. Sic - your 25*F temp is way too cold for Florida! Brrr. Here that’s normal in the winter. Harry, your farm is your next job after retirement. Enjoy the family. Travel. Just enjoy. It was good to see the old coffee folks yesterday. Only one of them is a gardener, so they mostly talked sports.
I hope your day goes well. Stay safe and warm.

Good Morning! Well, it's sunny and 15F, on its way to 36F today. 26F tonight. Looks like that "blizzard" is gonna stay to the East of us. Right now they're forecasting flurries. FLURRIES! From a blizzard to flurries in less than 24 hours lol. Gotta love the Weatherman. Need to run an errand or two today. Thinking about whipping up some chicken sliders for dinner. Have a great day and stay safe out there.

Good morning. It's 22 (-6c) on its way to 30 (-1c). Working from the home office until mid morning and then heading into the main office for the rest of the day. My wife is baking cinnamon raisin sourdough bread today. Back to working in the fishing room for the weekend. BBQ and beverages this evening. Be safe and be good.

Back