• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Buddy and I are doing a century today. There is a new tunnel they put in at the end of a trail in the area. We want to go see it. its 50 miles away so a century it is. Chilling this evening. Had to buy hay and sweet feed for the cows as pastures just are not growing as we need rain. They are eating better than me at this point. I think the cow with the limp is getting better? Have a great day and good morning.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's 62 on its way to 85. Headed to the lake in an hour or so. Mowing/trimming after that. Continuing my battle with the Japanese Beetles. I am now winning and the war should be over in a couple of days. Cut the hay yesterday. The coyotes were following the mower trying to get anything the came out. Grilling and beverages later on today. Be safe and be good.

Sunshine whoop whoop - had a great day yesterday, chilli head friend is going to take my last lot of toddlers that I haven't got room for so I don't have to commit chilli planticide again and spent most of the day eating curry at another friends' pop-up curry shack.
Potting up the last of the stragglers today, hoe hoe hoeing the veggie patch, spose I better fit a bit of work in somewhere.
Have a good hump day y'all :D

Made it to the tunnel and back,it was a hot one. Off to the stables. Couple chores this afternoon. Behave yourself and good morning. Picture was took for a loser friend that couldn't ride because it was too hot and too long of a ride, thought yall might dig it 🤣🤣 got to give your friends a hard time.

Attachments

• USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image-211259007.jpeg
    USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image-211259007.jpeg
    90.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Good morning. It's 64 (18c) on its way to 90 (32c) and sunny. Seems to be increasing humidity but no rain chances. The weekend looks to be rainy .... especially Saturday. Next week we're back to the furnace. Yesterday, fishing was decent. Caught some crappies and some white bass. Didn't mow yesterday so I'll do that today. Damn Japanese Beetles are still around but I've made a major dent in them. Waiting on the tomatoes to turn colors and for the peppers to get bigger. Maybe take a walk after dinner. Not sure what else we've got going on today. Beverages and grilling this evening. Be safe, be blessed and be good.

Good morning. Another day with high 90 temps wears me out. Next week’s the same oven. CG watering soon that should take about 2 hours since I have 3 gardens today. Dug garlic yesterday from home, much smaller and will hang a couple of bundles to cure and give the rest away.
Enjoy your day. Stay hydrated in the heat.

Good morning. It's sunny and 61F, on its way to 85F. Should be a pretty day, albeit warm. Might work on mulching the main pathway in the garden. Not sure what else is going on. Hope everybody has a wonderful Wednesday. Be safe out there.

Morning all, nearly a whiff of weekend. Rain, rain, rain - the garden needs it and apparently it's going to be hot hot hot again next week.
Harvested a load of courgettes (zuccini) and cucumber yesterday. Bit of work today but mostly fannying around catching up.
Have a good one!

Good morning. Just waiting for the predicted rain that seems to elude us. I need to dig up rogue garlic that has invaded the flowers, a definite weed that leaves it’s babies everywhere. Kind of like the grape hyacinths that I can’t seem to remove all of them. Downtown parade that I’ll watch on TV, too many people in too little space.
Enjoy the last day of June. I hate to see it go.

Good morning. It's 66 (19c) on its way to 91 (33c) .... hot and sunny .... another repeat WX day. Yesterday, I started working on fishing tackle to use around here and for my annual trip to Canada (that's coming up in a month). 6 hours later it was too late to do much else. So, I'm going to mow/trim today. Harvested our first peppers of the season .... looked to be around 20 jalapenos. We've started picking blackberries daily. I grilled some salmon and corn on the cob last night ..... delicious. The potatoes will be ready for harvest soon. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Sunny and 62, on its way to 87 (realfeel 95). Hot and muggy. Hauled mulch and covered some of the garden pathway yesterday. About 2/3 done. Hope I have enough mulch. Several errands today, including poke #4. We have a bbq comp mid-July. There will be tons of people and we feel it can't hurt to be boosted. Hope everybody has a terrific Thursday! Be safe out there.

Good morning. Sunny and cooler, good sleeping temps. CG chores, am meeting up with a person who will help with watering the guys garden while he’s away. Better for me anyway. I haven’t seen too many bugs yet - grasshoppers, but no June bugs. Something is eating the plants besides flea beetles. Maybe slugs?
I hope you have a wonderful day. Stay hydrated.

Currently sunny with a few clouds and 73, on it's way to 88 (realfeel 97). Chance of a late afternoon thunderstorm. Another hot, muggy day. Arm is a little sore this morning. Other than that, no issues. Got some grass cutting to do. Might weed whack around the garden as well. Hope everybody has a fantastic Friday. Good Morning!

Good morning. The weekend is here! I'm working on realizing that everyday is the weekend for me now :lol: ! It's 72 (22c) on its way to 91 (33c). Today's "Tornado Alley" forecast includes hot WX with severe storms this evening and all day tomorrow. Normal stuff. Mowed/trimmed yesterday and stocked up on supplies for the week. Catherinew - we are inundated with insects .... grasshoppers, June Bugs, Japanese beetles, Colorado potato beetles and multitudes of assorted wasps. I remove at least 2 mud wasps from the house everyday. Today's agenda includes watering (I'm on the fence on this chore because of the WX forecast for rain), making a batch of poppers and working in the barn. The grandkids will be here for the weekend starting this afternoon. Tonight is pizza night. Beverages for me later on. Be safe with those fireworks and be good.

Back