• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It looks like a beautiful day to enjoy the garden before the heat sets in for a week. We mulched the veggies with shredded leaves, and will have to do that again in August. Harry, your plethora of bugs must be coming from your abundance of nature. We have houses, you have acreage. I’m hoping the Japanese beetle doesn’t return. They devoured many peaches besides the usual plants last year.
Have a great Saturday, and enjoy the weekend.

Good morning. It's 72 (22c) on its way to 82 (28c). Rainy and much cooler. Not sure what we've got going on today. I'd like to find a place to get some good local farm raised pork. That's my challenge for today. I might hit several Farmer's Markets and look. Our grand daughter is here .... must have been a change of plans with our grandson as he didn't make it. Not sure what else we've got going on. I expect I'll be grilling something this evening. Beverages later on. Be safe, be blessed and be good. S.M.I.L.E.

Good morning. Sun and clouds making way for rain and thunderstorms this afternoon. Currently 76 on its way to 86 (rf 96). Planted squash and okra yesterday. The okra is to replace seedlings pulled up by birds. I don't plant squash until July 1st, after the squash vine borer season. Not much planned for today. Need to install shower grab-bar over at Mom's and a new blind in her bedroom. Have a spectacular Saturday everybody!

Besides a little mowing I slobed out yesterday. We will get a walk in then chill. Im sure a couple chores need to be done. Ordered a part for oven should be here today, Trying to spend 30 instead of 1000. We actually fix a lot of stuff a couple times before getting new, Have saved lots of money. Have great day and good morning.

Good morning. It's 72 (22c) on its way to 88 (31c). Very humid .... 95% RH. Got some local pork yesterday. Worked on fishing tackle the rest of the day. Nothing special going on today. Heading to the match this evening. My normal match buddy has COVID and my other buddy has a pool party this evening ..... So, my lovely bride is going to the match with me .... she gets "dinner out" for her participation :lol: . Our grand daughter goes home this morning. Be safe and be good.

Currently 72 and cloudy with showers likely this a.m., then partly sunny and 84 (rf 92). Installed the grab-bar (pita) but not the blinds. Maybe today. Other than that, I'm thinking slob out the rest of the day myself lol. Probably something on the grill later. Hope everybody has a lazy Sunday. Good Morning!

Morning all - Happy 4th July Mercans. Have a good holiday.
Off to work then I'm going to sort out my tomatoes which aren't looking happy. I shall tell them jokes and give them a hug. Actually they'll be getting a feed and a stern talking to.
Going to be a warm one today.

Good morning and Happy Fourth. It's sunny and 60, on its way to 86 (rf 93). Gonna be sticky today. Got the blind up at Mom's yesterday - another pita, but it's done. Nothing planned for the day. Maybe work in the garden some, and do some watering. Then chillin and grillin at home. Have a marvelous Monday everybody. Be safe out there.

Good morning. Happy July 4th. CG chores, coffee group, then a visit in the mountains with family. Here’s hoping the traffic won’t be too bad on the way home. Most cities have decided not to have fireworks because of the dry weather. I heard a few are using lighted drones. Might be interesting.
Have a wonderful day. Celebrate with family and friends, and plants too.

Good morning and Happy Independence Day! It's 76 (24c) on its way to 96 (36c). Nothing planned for today. My daughter and friend will be here this afternoon/evening. Grilling burgers and having adult beverages. I will be sooooo glad when all the fireworks are over. For the past 4 nights the explosions have continued well past my bed time :banghead:. Be safe and be good.

Morning all, work and work and work today and it's going to be hot hot hot this afternoon. Everything in the garden doing ok, although I'm still waiting for the tomato plants to either keel over or get on with it, gave them a good feed yesterday - are they grateful? NOOOOOOO :lol:
Correction: Just had a check on the tomato plants and they're looking marginally better 😁
Have a good Tuesday.

Last edited:
I need to go ride today, Im not doing good with my training. Havent rode since last tuesday. Starting to get where I dont want to do anything if im not working. Tired but I guess I need to HTFU! What did you ever decide about a mower Harry? Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. We had a wonderful time in the cool mountains with rain for an hour or so. No rain down here though. The garden is progressing slowly, so much later than in previous years, but no complaints. I planted a couple zucchini on July 1 like Downriver said. Maybe I’ll have a few squash by September.
Have a great day. Take time for yourself.

Good morning. It's 74 (23c) on its way to 100 (38c). Heat Index at 110+ at 1500. I will be sitting in the kid's pool! Sic .... holding off on a new mower for the time being .... my 15 year old JD ZT is running OK and my frustration level is low at the moment. Starting to plan for the fall garden. Need to make a Costco run to pick up a few things for my Canada fishing trip. Not much else going on today ..... too hot. Need to water today too. Be safe and be good.

Overcast and 71, on its way to 89 (rf 97). Forecast says "heavy" thunderstorm this morning, followed by a "strong" thunderstorm this afternoon. The idea of rain sounds good, but not the rest of it. Watered the garden yesterday. Pulled a few weeds. There's always weeds. Had to replace a laptop. With all this rain coming, maybe I'll work on configuring/loading it today. Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday. Good Morning!

Back