• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's 75 (24c) and cloudy on its way to 87 (31c). Fantastic cool down for one day! Forecast is to be back in the furnace tomorrow. Heading to town to pick up a couple boxes of Amish sweet corn and then I'm going to mow/trim. My wife is headed out to meet up with her sisters for breakfast. Chillin', grillin' and beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

No rain again yesterday - all around us, just not on us. TODAY is supposed to be the day! It's currently cloudy and 68, on its way to 72 (rf 78). Nice cool-down anyway. Forecast is for periods of rain and a thunderstorm. We shall see. Watered the garden yesterday and did some weeding. I think I'm gonna join the chill out gang today. Maybe work on configuring the laptop. Everybody have a super Saturday. Good Morning!

Morning all - thank you for the get well wishes. Pain not so bad today, still taking it easy. I hate relying on someone else to look after my chilli plants, they're MY babies :lol:
Anyway another warm, breezy day - thank goodness for that breeze we'd all cook otherwise. Supposed to be going to see friends this afternoon will have to see how my back is holding up.
Have a good Sunday :D

Good morning. It's 70 (21c) on its way to 92 (33c). Humidity is really high. It will no doubt be uncomfortable. Didn't mow yesterday and need to do that today. Not much else is going on. Harvesting tomatoes and blackberries daily. Harvesting peppers every other day. Be safe and be good.

Good Morning. It finally happened. A nice soaking rain yesterday, even made puddles in the driveway. Got over 1/2". Much needed. Currently it's overcast and 68, on its way to 80 (rf 87). Supposed to be nice today, before the oven returns this week. I did work on the laptop yesterday. Still more software/updates to do. Nice rainy day task. Today we've got some errands to run, then more chillin hopefully. Maybe watch the golf match. Hope you all have a peaceful Sunday.

Good morning. It's 75 (24c) on its way to 93 (34c). Another hot one. Finally mowed/trimmed yesterday. Nothing on the agenda for today. I expect I'll water the patio garden. I've got some office work to do but that shouldn't take long. I noticed (when I was mowing yesterday) that I've got some trees to trim ... I might do that. We'll see what happens. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Yesterday’s 101F kept us inside most of the day. Time to check out how the CG did with the heat. Nice day today, but the 90’s return for a couple of weeks. Monday errands, coffee group, then time to enjoy nature.
Have a great day. Enjoy the little things in life.

A nice day on tap. Currently sunny and 66 on its way to 84 (reel-feel 88). Ordered parts for the mower deck. Problem is the grass needs cutting now. @sicman, you busy this afternoon? Haha. Have some errands to run today, then maybe some garden chores. Hope everybody has a marvelous Monday. Good Morning!

Morning all (and hotheads) another warm, 35C day with a NE breeze, god help us when the breeze drops.
Work work work most of the day. Watered everything in the garden last night, absolutely no rain on the horizon for at least 2 weeks.
Have a good Tuesday :D
And the breeze dropped, feel like I've been working in an oven - hotter than a hot thing :hot:

Last edited:
Downriver I drove by and it looked like someone had already mowed, what a waste of time.
Did not get yesterday done have 2 left. Also going to go to stables and mow the house to get a jump on tomorrow. weed eating the gardens and mowing and weed eating some of our property this morning as i cant start on my residentals until 8. chores later this afternoon. day is ruined with work so I might as well embrace the suck. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. It's 72 (22c) on its way to 87 (31c). Very pleasant day on tap for us. Going to have to start processing tomatoes .... I've got a bucket full. Picked another 3 dozen jalapenos .... I will make poppers with those to take on my Canada Fishing Trip. Got all the watering done yesterday. Hand watering the containers and irrigation of all the beds. That took around 12 hours. Drained and refilled the grandkids stock tank pool. Not much is on today's agenda. I'm still searching for some good pork chops .... I might head to town to see what I can find. I'll pick another bucket of blackberries this morning. That's about it. Be safe, be blessed and be good.

Good morning. Hot and humid back on tap. It's sunny and 72, on its way to 88 (rf 96). Chance of severe thunderstorm this afternoon. Made my first attempt at Mexican street corn yesterday. Came out ok - recipe needs some tweaks. Not a lot planned for today. Some garden chores, and maybe finish hauling the last of the mulch to the garden for the pathway. Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday! Be safe out there.

Morning all - it's going to be another hot one out there, high of 36C, the peppers are loving it. I'm wilting.
Gardening first thing while it's cool, first crop of runner beans, well 3 :lol:
Catching up on indoor stuff today and throwing myself onto the kitchen floor when I get too hot - the cats do it so it must work, right!
Have a good hump day :D

Back