• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's sunny and 71F, on its way to 85F. Humidity down to 78%. At least that's something. Yesterday was a washout, as forecast. Today I need to start cleaning out undergrowth around the pines and cedar trees. The Tree of Heaven is not so heavenly. Also, it's the favored tree of the Spotted Lantern Fly, which started its invasion in PA. It's now been found in VA, as close as 30 miles away from here. Bad bug. Hope everybody has a marvelous Monday. Be safe and drink plenty of water out there.

Good morning and Happy Taco Tuesday. It's 72F (22C) on its way to 94F (34C). 80% humidity. Storms tonight. This is the last day of the cool WX. Starting tomorrow, summer arrives with unbearable heat. I best get the outdoor work done today. Probably start working on getting my Canada fishing gear together this afternoon. Homemade subs and beverages tonight. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. 93F yesterday, a few more days like that until the weekend. Tink - I snoozed also when the heat finally hit my routine outside. Good idea.
Dr. this AM, then maybe digging up a few more garlic at the CG. They look much better than the ones at home with little stem (!). Hubby is working on a project bringing power outside to some lights he just put up under the deck. No clue what he really is doing.
Hope you have a wonderful day, keep hydrated in this heat. The weather throughout can be nasty.

Good morning. It's sunny and 71F, on its way to 89F. Humidity has dropped to 61%. Hallelujah! Did some chopping on the undergrowth yesterday. Hauled two loads to the burn pile. That was enough. Still plenty more to do, but just gonna do it a little at a time. It'll get done eventually. Need to work around the garden fence today - mowing and weed whacking under the electric fence. Gotta keep Bambi at bay. Glad you got some rain, Sic. Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday. Be safe out there and keep cool.

whooo hooooo Hump Day already and it's lovely and cool and actually rained a bit this a.m. not enough though, so I went out and watered everything.
Chores, errands and shopping for today and if I'm lucky a nap this afternoon.
Have a good Wednesday, keep calm, cool, pain-free and smile :D

Good morning. It's 77F (25C) on its way to 101F (38C). Heat Index will be 110F (43C)+ this afternoon. It's going to be a hot one. T-Storms this evening. Watering today. Picked our first okra of the season, a few eggplant, a few tomatoes, a few carrots, a few jalapenos and some blackberries this morning. Working on fishing tackle in the barn ..... heading to the match this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's sunny and 75F, on its way to 90F (Real Feel 97). Thankfully, humidity is only 60%. Did the mowing around the garden and weed-eating under the electric fence yesterday. Watered everything. Today is errand day, prepping for a BBQ event this weekend. @midwestchilehead, I coulda had a judging seat for ya. Of course, it's only 750 miles each way, ha! Hope everybody has a wonderful Wednesday. Be safe and try to stay cool out there.

Morning all - here's that flirty Thursday with its whiff of weekend.
Cooler temps again, thank goodness.
Not feeling brilliant at the moment, not sure what it is so I'm going to have a quiet day and hopefully I'll feel better to party tomorrow on Bastille Day.
Have a good one pepper people - keep calm, cool, pain-free and smile :D

Good morning. It's sunny and 75F, on its way to 90F (Real Feel 97). Thankfully, humidity is only 60%. Did the mowing around the garden and weed-eating under the electric fence yesterday. Watered everything. Today is errand day, prepping for a BBQ event this weekend. @midwestchilehead, I coulda had a judging seat for ya. Of course, it's only 750 miles each way, ha! Hope everybody has a wonderful Wednesday. Be safe and try to stay cool out there.
At this point, it looks like I will have to drive 750 miles to judge a contest. Yet another came and went with no word yay or nay. I have signed up for one more - the KCBS world championship. If I don't hear anything from that one, I will know the judge selection process is flawed. Good luck in your contest!

Good morning. It's 73F on its way to 97F. Hot and uncomfortable. Lots of rain around us last night but nothing here at the house. Late night at the match .... moving a little slow this morning. Not sure what's on the agenda for today. I've got some office work to do for a bit .... then I'm headed out to the garden. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's sunny and 79F, on its way to 89F (Real Feel 97F). Another toasty day in the neighborhood. Packing and heading out today. Another seat opened up this morning @midwestchilehead, lol. Maybe next year? Hope everybody has a terrific Thursday. Be safe and eat BBQ whenever possible!

Morning all - it is Bastille Day and party time.
Luckily I'm feeling better so bring it on
Just been out in the garden while it's cool, +30C forecast today, and trimmed all the big leaves off the tomatoes, had a damned good hoe and pulled several thousand flowers off the cucumber plants (this may be an exaggeration)
Coffee, then party, piss up, fireworks, then bed.
Hoping not to have a hurty head tomorrow.
Have a good Friday people - keep calm, cool, sober and smile :D

Good morning. A few degrees cooler today, so I may get something actually completed outside. One more row of garlic to dig up - elephant this time. I just need it out of the garden so maybe I’ll get beans by frost.
You’re a good listener, Sic. Hope he can return the favor someday.
Have a wonderful Friday. Stay healthy and hydrated. Share.

Back