• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

good news!

thanks for the post. well i admit i have slacked off a little here and there in working out..and in my no beer diet...but i have still lost some weight, and am just about within the weight range for my height. i'm living at my grandmas house temporarily instead of renewing a lease for another year or signing a new one. also, if i stayed at a friends house, i'd probably slack off more and drink a lot more.

as of right now, i am waiting for them to send me some cd with a program in the mail (technical difficulties on their end caused me to not be able to download it in an email)..i need to run that program and fill out whatever needs to be filled out. i also have a handful of forms i need to fill out for the next meeting at MEPS in tampa.

once i'm within the weight range, i'll finally take the physical..then i have to take the fitness test within 13 days of that or the physical is void. then about a week or so +/- i will do my formal interview and then just wait for all my stuff to get processed.

sounds like you have your priorities right. just keep us updated on this. also down the road we could send you care packages, which I know all military people love to see care packages when they're far from home.

thanks everyone. i really appreciate the support!

chilehunter said:
sounds like you have your priorities right. just keep us updated on this. also down the road we could send you care packages, which I know all military people love to see care packages when they're far from home.

haha i'd love to receive the hottest care package ever! sounds great to me! :lol:

CONGRATS!!!! We've been P.Ming quite a bit and I didn't even see this. This is good to hear!!! As you know I was in Iraq and served 6 years in an Airborne LRS unit for the Army. I respect all of the views on this board as God made everyone different. I however don't mind serving and a good fight once in a while. It's definitely not something that's easy and the stomach isn't for everyone, but honestly whether people want to admit it or not. Soldiers are the backbone of EVERY country. Without them policies and diplomatic matters have no backbone. I respect what your doing. Keep me informed on how things are going. Later on when your out of basic I may send a care package with some hotstuff, if you'd like.:rolleyes: God bless.

Back