• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

food =[ grantmichaels' skunkworx thread ]=

Someone hurry up and cook that ...

Swineapple ... that's great! ...

@Booma might get on that one if he see's this ...
On second thought, that's not a roulade ... I can probably swing that one =) ...

Maybe soon, sounds delicious ...

I saw that the other day.  Looks and sounds really good, but I gotta think that is not easy to pull off.  I think the sausage has to be at least par-cooked before insertion or the pineapple will fall apart/melt away before it is finished.  I'd love to see someone here pull that off!

I might have that one in me ...

I'd make a piercing in the bottom to let the sausage juice run, I think, though ...

Across the grill from the vortex ...

grantmichaels said:
I agree. I will probably have to get around to giving one of those some Trans-Pacific seasoning, and let her rip ...
 what wait?  .Trans-Pacific??   . I thought you wanted to do Pan-Pacific not Thai.. Was  gonna  post up a meme pic but can't bring myself to google ladyboy seasoning.. BAHAHAHAHA 

LOLOL ... good one!
I'm about 45 mins to an hour from done ... and then I'm headed to the couch to work out the final details for my first stab at some Dashi ...

maybe some contrasting, red, fire-roasted pimento's w/ improve folks interest, lol ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432622739.885339.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432622753.536223.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432622765.369882.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432622777.453335.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432622790.338154.jpg

enjoyed that w/ end of the gulden draak ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432622816.439640.jpg

still a couple of hours of work to go, yet, this evening ...

been so rainy, and no end in sight.

I know there's not very many people who are into sous vide cooking around here, but if anyone is, the Chef Steps class is half off ($5) at present ...
http://chfstps.co/1LXuicR

I think I might have to change courses on dinner. I was figuring to just repeat last night's taco-ish ish with some hot sauce, but I think after experiencing WaffleTom's deconstructed swineapple that I'm going to have to do some Japanese ginger and raspberry jelly dressed  beef tamaki rolls and have something w/ a little more whizzbang ...

Mmmm ...

Back