• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

food =[ grantmichaels' skunkworx thread ]=

grantmichaels said:
I subjectively disagree. The reaper powder makes me sneeze ... the chocolate lava is nicely warm, but for whatever reason, wreaks major lower GI havoc the following morning ...

Like getting shanked ...

I don't find reaper powder to be overly hot. I've had plenty of other powders that feel much warmer but for some reason it give me belly cramps. 

i'm so tired, but i really want to make small batch tacos using the PLF short rib beef, tonight, too ...

... and i have these beautiful spicy pods from WM, too ...

#YOLO

I'm itching to make my tacos but I have my boys tomorrow night and they have severe gluten allergies. I can't be making my tortillas with them here. That and it's supposed to rain tomorrow. I'm going to rub my pork loin down and marinade it tomorrow at least and let it sit vacuum sealed until sat morning then it's going into smoker all day. 

Cherry before you ask. Cause I know you will. 

Cool, I'm looking forward to sleeping this weekend, and checking out everyone's grub during the brief periods of wakefulness ...

JHP's sauce is staring me down at my desk ...

I can't resist it - so precious, my precious ...

@Ashen - what do i do w/ this salt cod, float it in drinking water and refrigerate it overnight? need to make ackee and salt code one of these days since i bought the ackee ...

love eating ackee and saltfish but I hav never cooked it.  I imagine the salted cod is dealt with similar to other applications.    Cold soak for 12 -24 hrs in  2 to 3 changes of water  that fully cover it, or you can do a hot soak which is faster but doesn't work as well for some things imo.     I tried it when I made baccala mantecato   but it would have been better with the  long soak method I think.  I have to try and find some real stockfish instead if I make it again. 

I suppose neither the ackee, nor the salt cod, require my attention this weekend now that I think of it ... both are highly preserved, so I'll wait for things to settle a bit and then try to do it right ...

Thanks, man.

grantmichaels said:

I'm basically sworn off that one ... that shit plumbs me.
Yet you'll be back. I don't know how many times I've sat on the toilet thinking "why did I eat so much (fill in the blank) last night?"
It doesn't even have to be hot. There are just some foods that tear you up.

Ozzy2001 said:
Yet you'll be back. I don't know how many times I've sat on the toilet thinking "why did I eat so much (fill in the blank) last night?"
It doesn't even have to be hot. There are just some foods that tear you up.

not to that one ... i'm giving that one to a friend the next time he's over ... for both reasons.

EOL this thread (again) ...

#pivoting this stuff to #OpGastropub in my n00b brewing thread where spicenext is optional ...

Doing The Work tonight, though, still ...

We were eating some pre-made shit a few weeks ago to give Danielle a break from cleaning the kitchen on a daily basis, and since then, I've been enjoying other people's posted stuff while I mostly concentrate on brewing beer ...

JayT said:
No excuses.  Get to cooking.

Yeah!

What Jay said.

Don't make me have to lobster taco bomb you.

Then again I've been 'rasslin' with photophucket for over an hour tryin' to upload 4 pics.

They suck with all of their streaming adverts.

Back