beer Grass Snake has a brewing thread??

I almost said the same, but let him off the hook as it was his 1st batch ...

Next time, though ... put that extra in a mason jar with an airlock, and if you need to top it off some - add some fruit juice and get creative ...

Good stuff ...

Finally got the beer in bottles yesterday. Good thing the Wife helped cause that was alot of work.

Attachments

• 20170207_232738.jpg
    20170207_232738.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 118
Why didn't I listen to Ozzy when he said stay away from the short neck bottles? I washed a bunch of short necks just to find out my capper wouldn't work on them. It did tho with another short neck I practiced on previously so I thought it was all good, maybe my capper could handle both, apparently not..

I have the same capper. It will work, it's just a little more difficult. After you bottle a couple of times it's not bad. I can bottle a 5 gal batch in about 20-30 mins, assuming my bottles are cleaned and ready to go.

Setup is key. I do mine above the dishwasher. I sit in a chair and just cap on the counter 6pack at a time.

Can't go by looks unfortunately. Definitely get a hydrometer. The krausen dropped but that just means the fementatuon stopped. It could stop at 1.038, which could definitely be an issue.

Back